Video Edit and Production

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a wedding video as an AVI file that I want to edit and then produce as a DVD for circulation to some of the guests. I can use either Premier Elements or Windows Movie Maker/DVD Maker for this exercise.

Some of the guests live in the USA so am I correct in assuming that I have to prepare the video in NTSC rather than PAL format for them?

It depends what they're playing it on, or, more accurately what the image is being presented on, but generally yes; the US uses NTSC and the UK uses PAL.

If it's relatively short, why not do up a simple DVD menu that offers the option of running the same footage in either format? Then you only have to produce one DVD to send to everyone, as well as covering all your bases for people being able to display it correctly?

• 3 years later...

There are a number of free programs for converting videos to different formats, if they are just going to watch it on their computers then no need to change it.

If its for DVD then yes, convert to NTSC for America, you can also sometimes do this when you get to the Burning stage. So you can select to burn it in ntsc. dont quote me on that

OK scrap the toughts of 'formats', they are actually something that ONLY really applied to the old CRT colour televisions (well their tuners!) lol...

99.9999999% of modern TV;s (the flatscreen ones) will transmute any signal i.e. Pal B/G, SeCAM, NTSC etc.. into something you can watch (this is in 2012). If the target 'audience' is in the dark ages with CRT TV's (the beeper ones with vacuum filled glass *barium guns) then there is NO issue.....

When films were shot back then, despite being shot in PAL or NTSC, they were both UNDER 50 frames/sec.

It might sound technical, ibut in that day and age, unless you were equipped with MEAN GEAR you couldn't hget more than 25/s anyway. Hence the old black lines when you filmed a TV..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

FYI

the org thread is more than 3yrs old

now closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks