had a man at the door what do i do

pinkjaney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a guy come to the door last night and he handed me an envelope, in the envelope was a letter from Hamptons Legal (acting for Lowell Portfolio Ltd, Debt is with Capital One)

The letter is a statutory demand and stating that they will be presenting a bankruptcy petition.

I requested the CCA and they sent terms and conditions (18 pages) and also a photocopy of a form that i filled in to apply for the card but it only shows Personal details, your home (address and telephone number) your employment (what you do) and financial info (cards i already have) and also add info (whether i want cash withdrawal, ppi etc and at the bottom it shows credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 and then two signatures one from someone at capial one and mine the card was taken out 09/01/2005

When i have looked at it states what court etc the court i have to attend if i want the demand set aside etc. OMG what do i do help please

• Haha 1

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

Make sure you disinfect your doorstep. U will need plenty of bleach and a good stiff brush. also make sure you apply the bleach to the door step and scrub it in. then wash off with hot water. I would advise you treat for a second time then leave.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Also stat demand was delivered last week but date on it states 6th Feb so 18 days is up tomorrow.

Also the court that this stat demand is stating to use for setting aside also handles bankruptcy is this the right court..............

If i dont get this set aside will they make me bankrupt cause if they did would that wipe all the debt i have with people like moorcroft etc.

I dont own my own home (rented and in girlfriends name), bankruptcy will not affect my job and all the "stuff" we have including car is in her name so apart from my clothes there is not much that is mine here or anywhere. So should i just let them get on with it ADVICE PLEASE............

PinkJaney.

The choice is yours really but as you have no assest and it wont effect your job then maybe allowing them to make you bankrupt is a good idea.

Yes bankruptcy would make all your debts go away but then it might not be what you want.

You need to think about it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Help...............

Have sent off SAR request to Lowells for Cap one debt that they are trying to issue the stat demand for but on checking what they have sent the reply card with my signature on realised ITS NOT MY SIGNATURE have never signed my name like that now what.........

Also going to phone national Debt for some advice tomorrow but 21 days is up middle of next week so have to get a move on.

Any advice please

defend the action if the signature is not yours. That is defently a cause to dfent IMO.