EGG Complaint - 1st reply

ANNALH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Its been a month since your last correspondence. Have you given up??? Or been taken out? :0

Egg Credit Card - Data Protection Act sent 15/6

Recieved Statements 29/7

Halifax Credit Card (£775) - Data Protection Act handed in at branch 21/6

Recieved statements 25/7

Prelim sent 25/7

LBA sent 14/8

MoneyClaim Filed 6/9 (£916.94)

Halifax Bank Account (£430) - Data Protection Act handed in at branch 21/6

Recieved Statements 27/7

Prelim sent 27/7

LBA sent 16/8

No news as yet. Waiting for a court date, no more correspondence from Egg for a long time about the charges, however they did close my credit card account and made me pay it off.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no news on a court date?

Egg Credit Card - Data Protection Act sent 15/6

Recieved Statements 29/7

Halifax Credit Card (£775) - Data Protection Act handed in at branch 21/6

Recieved statements 25/7

Prelim sent 25/7

LBA sent 14/8

MoneyClaim Filed 6/9 (£916.94)

Halifax Bank Account (£430) - Data Protection Act handed in at branch 21/6

Recieved Statements 27/7

Prelim sent 27/7

LBA sent 16/8

Still waiting!

Ive paid off my credit card balance now because they decided to close my account.

It also prompted me to pay off other debts too so Im feeling lighter for it!

Thanks Egg!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter this morning;

They are counterclaiming £120 which apparantely is their costs for having to close our egg card account (as a result of us suing them they made us pay off the balance)

Although the OFT has made them drop default charges from £20 to £16 and therefore they are prepared to offer us a refund of £4 per charge which amounts to £24, plus £30 court fee. Which means we still 'owe' them £76!!

They also said that as the claimant the burden of proof lies with us to prove their charges are a penalty etc.

We paid the card off last month and closed the account. e have a court date now for September so I dont know if we should reply to that letter or not.

blimey:o

they do sound rather intimidating. i cant believe they closed your account, they've got a cheek!

im an egg customer and im going to be following your case, please keep up updated

good luck

Tell them that you are very much aware of the procedure for burden of "proof" in a small claims court, which is in fact only a balance of probability and that you are more than happy to do this if they do refund you the money, in full.

You are also very aware of the OFT statement regarding penalty charges and that it states, quite clearly, that only a court can decide what amount is lawful. Again, you are more than happy to let a court decide.

Then find your own words to say "Pay up or shut up - see you in court"

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I sent my DCA a sar request but forgot to put in the £1 fee. They have confirmed they have received it and are dealing with it but the 12 days have elapsed and ive had no written reply. Do you think they will send the info anyway? i suppose it doesnt matter if they havent got the paperwork i can still apply for the debt to be written off cant i?

If you sent a Data Subject Access Request then they have 40 days to supply the information they hold, and it makes no difference to the status of the debt if they don't comply. Since they can ask £10 for a DSAR they may still come back to you and ask for more money.

Now, if you have sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act and enclosed £1, then things are a lot different.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

It was a request under the consumer credit act. Co-incidentally ive just had a phone call from the DCA who told me they have not bought the debt, they are only a Solicitors, and they will be getting Egg to supply me with the original agreement and default notice. Doesnt sound good as im sure the original creditor will have the correct paperwork.

I have read that Egg never sell debts, so it may not work with this lender.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

All the Egg threads seem to go quiet. I suspect Egg intimidation works with some people.

Hopefully you are still with us?

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a template letter or something to send to Trading Standards to report them or do you just ring them??

Egg had 30 days and have not provided me with my agreement so i want to report them.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks