BAYV Warranty & Hire Agreement?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my partner has had an account from these sh*t heads since 2001 and as always paid warranty on these purchases. But only been told to sign in 2 places on agreement, and not been explained to that she was signing up for warranty that she did not need in one signature space. I thought the warranty was seperate and needed a seperate agreement, and also i thought someone from their office was supposed to sign the agreement to make it legally binding, just asked for S.A.R and only sent 1 agreement with only partners signature on it? Also only found out about your contents insurance covering their goods (which they have not explained since 2001) do we have a good claim to try and claim monies back from this company as misselling warranty cover without asking. She was getting charged 1 insurance on main policy and then another insurance on a totally seperate agreement and never asked see if she had contents insurance. Some of the earlier agreements have been signed by someone from their office but her copies have not and she has had no date box to say when she signed it? MMMMMMMMMMMM:rolleyes::confused:

If you need copies of agreements let me know and i will copy them for you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have contents insurance then you dont need there cover at all all u needed to do was to show your home contents policyto your collector.

the collector will then remove that cover from your agreement.

always the same on signing the agreement you should be taken through the agreement so you understand.

never sign anything unless you understand and happy with its contents.

these types of companys should ask if you have home contents cover before forcing there cover onto your agreements.

if you feel u have been misold the agreement discuss it with trading standards seek there advice its free.

Hi sweets on the move, thanks for getting in touch, my partner has been with BAYV since 2001 and they have always added this so called warranty on everything without advising her what she was signing, they never talked her through anything all they said was sign in these 2 places and the goods will follow in a couple of days. She purchased a nintendo wii in July 2008 and she had about six different payment cards, i asked her what they were for and she said some kind of insurance and that is when alarm bells started ringing, as i thought the contents insurance covered it, and we have had it since 2001 since we have rented our home, the landlord as buildings insurance and we have to have contents as part of our tenancy.

Also the warranty ran out on a tv by about a month and they made her take out a agreement for a tube to be replaced which with interest cost 180.00GBP, which really should have been done under sale of goods act really me thinks. CHEERS;)

Hi

The question of whether your "add-on" policies were mis-sold is something you should first take up with the company and, if unhappy, seek advice further. It's a tough game to play...

BUT in the meantime, you definitely need to get them cancelled. This is an easy process. Allow me to quote directly from BAYV as explained to CAG:

"...At BAYV we have two types of cover available, both of which are optional.

Customer can purchase optional service cover which in the event of a breakdown covers: product collection, repair, parts and where necessary a loan product if the customer’s purchase cannot be repaired immediately or in the event any product cannot be repaired, a full replacement. This cover can be cancelled at anytime by writing to

Registered Office :-

Buy As You View Limited

Kingsway Buildings

Bridgend Industrial Estate

Bridgend

CF31 3RY

We also offer optional cover for theft and accidental damage. Under the terms of the Higher Purchase agreement it is required that the customer has sufficient insurance to cover the value of the products. If the customer decides not to take out cover with ourselves they should ensure that their own household insurancelink3.giflink8.gif covers these products. We simply ask for a copy of the household insurancelink3.giflink8.gif policy for our records.

This cover can also be cancelled at any time

following the above process, provided the customer can demonstrate that they have obtained adequate alternative cover.

The service cover and damage liability accounts are seperate to the main product account.

When removing either of these we do not need to modify the main product account. Therefore the customer does not lose their protected status on their goods if applicable...."

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Hi Lefty

Cheers for getting back in touch, we have already cancelled our warranty with this company, but on the agreement it as a price at the bottom stating if you cancel your warranty you are still liable to pay back the remainder even half way through etc, but never come back to us for any monies? So do they already know they are mis-selling this so called warranty? Also 1 of our freinds did have goods with BAYV for around 4 months and when the collector went they were short, and the collector wanted the difference, so our freind told them to take stuff back as they had no cash to give him for 2 weeks and he was very pushy, they came and picked stuff up and that is the last they heard, that was about 7 months ago? And my partner who as a freind, who had a brand new TV off this company, which broke 5 months after they got it and they refused to pay anything till tv was mended, they came and took it and kept giving them a story about still at manufacturers, (for 4 weeks?) they told them not to bother fetching it back and that is the last they have heard, not been back in touch for remainder or anything, just makes you wonder if these agreements can stick in court, also noticed that there is no record of any record with CRA and I thought that the new law states that any credit has to be registered with CRA, as this agreement is regulated by Consumer Credit Agreement, even door step loans are registered with CRA's now.:rolleyes:

Hi Caggers

Just found something wrong with all agreements, they do not add up, the interest is calculated wrong on all agreements and my partner as not dated one of the agreements, and just noticed on the payment cards the collector as changed the payments on the front from 124.80GBP every 8 weeks to 125.00GBP thus collecting 20p more than what the agreement says and on the recent agreement it says on the back that you have a short time in which to cancel agreement but no time in days? I will upload some docs to see if you can make head nor tail of them? When i find out how to upload docs?:?

Also just found out some cracking news on this company? If you have a look at a new agreement from these clowns there is no Consumer credit license number and the postcode they have got on their new agreements is non existence with Office of fair trading license register which postcode is CF31 5YH does not exist like their old agreements which do CF72 8LX?

Please post scans of your agreements - after having removed any personal information, of course.

I am very interested in seeing these agreements.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

Sorry it will not let me upload docs? Do not know exactly how to do it, scanned them and deleted personal data, but can not upload:(HELP PLEASE

You're gonna need a photo hosting account. Flickr or photobucket. Then post the link.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Great scans! Very useful... ;)

I'm a bit tied up over the next few days, but will give 'em the fine tooth comb treatment over the weekend! Stay tuned!

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Hi Lefty, did u manage to have a look at those agreements yet, as BAYV pay box went on blink 2 week ago and bloke left us with no TV as he did not have a spare box, so he told me to pop the box open and take my plug out and leave the box to one side and he will pick it up day after. Still not been?And no cash in box as he had already been day before to empty.

Can you clarify something for me please...

I notice that service cover is calculated into the total Hire Purchase agreement (which, in itself, is contrary to what BAYV has told CAG)

When you cancelled your service cover, were you required to sign new agreements, and were the original agreements re-financed again?

This is an incredibly important point.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Cheers Lefty for getting back in touch and the answer is no we have not had to refinance or sign anything, they just said it was cancelled and that was it. We stopped paying on the damge cover account but the Wii account as stayed same, but i am not sure if they have overcharged on every account we have had cos the interest does not add up, when you go on websites and calculate like FSA it does not add up. Hope this helps.

hi ellie i am in the same boat i have sent my agreements away to be looked at by a friend of a friend who deals with credit agreements and financial stuff will pm you when he has finished looking at my agreements he has had some trouble understanding the interest rates etc

Yes I uploaded mine on here for people to have a look at and see if they could help out as the figures do not add up right?:confused:Just thought I could get to have another cagger to have a look at them, but had no joy as yet, BAYV bloke due next week I think to empty meter, but no meter on as he told me to pop it off and take my plug out, as meter was faulty and he did not have a spare one? He still not been back and that was around 3 to 4 weeks ago, so going to have big shock when he comes and no cash in box lol?

Edited by elie1977

BAYV Bloke been today for 54.00GBP but no box on TV as it broke and he told us to take it off as he did not have a spare, he said he forgot to come back? He will not take old coin meter back, we think he is going to say that we broke it off until he gets the 54.00GBP back. Also they are still charging the 0.38p per week insurance when we cancelled it. HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE:(

hmm not wanting to get slaughtered again over practices BAYV?

intrestingly that numbers not listed anywhere on the web not even saynoto0870 (yet)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

im sorry to say it probably wont be too long thats the problem with posting on open forums

as a message to the origional poster remember the golden rule, insist on comunications in writing, if you do confer over the phone RECORD IT.

im sure mr BAYV would agree to this in the intrests of openness

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Been in touch with BAYV and they have offered me a good proposal which would see us fully paid off in July 2010 and all goods ours, plus a cheque as well for mis selling of insurance when we had contents insurance. They say agreements do work out to be correct? But still looked on OFT website and the address is in different postcode to one on agreement:confused:What you all reckon, take the discount and cheque or get in touch with OFT 1st? Lad been today for collection again of 54.00GBP outstanding and told him to jog on, account in dispute?:cool: it's in mrs name so really down to her what she wants to do?:|

Good Morning. I also note that you had a query about the postcode on your agreement.

The business moved premises in April 08 to Kingsway Buildings on Bridgend Industrial Estate. At the time there was not a valid postcode available for the premises and a temporary one was allocated. The temporary postcode is the one on your agreement.

Soon after a permanent postcode was allocated: CF31 3RY.

All current agreements now show this postcode.

The address on your agreement and the agreements currently being issued is the same, It is only the last three digits of the postcode that are different.

The information on the OFT website is consistent with this.

To help, our company number is 1257038.

Best regards

BAYV