Interest Calculation

Seminole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Glenn, Fortes fortuna juvat,

it is easy to just add 8%,but you are giving so much away.

(1) The interest is on all my bank state ments (Barclays) but not on the copy bank statements,fortunately i had most of mine back to 2000.

(2) The banks did not intend to impose,they did impose,(ex post facto)thats where "mutuality and reciprocity" kicks in,and they cannot argue against that,it is a fact,(quad erat demonstrandum)

(3) If it gets to court you just add as you rightly say,"in alternative 'sub judice as to the ruleing of these charges unfair' i resort to section 65 of the 1984 County Court Act of 8%"

(4) Start heavy,settle lightly

Justitia Omnibus

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Glenn, Fortes fortuna juvat,

it is easy to just add 8%,but you are giving so much away. Sorry i never did latin, I was suggesting that the claimant uses the curent contractual rate rather than worksing out what the defendant unlawfully removed on a month by month basis using each individual rate. The defendant will primarily dispute your right to claim the contractual rate, the amount will be incidental in that respect. (1) The interest is on all my bank state ments (Barclays) but not on the copy bank statements,fortunately i had most of mine back to 2000. My statements are from Abbey and go back to 1997 and they dont include the rates.

(2) The banks did not intend to impose,they did impose,(ex post facto)thats where "mutuality and reciprocity" kicks in,and they cannot argue against that,it is a fact,(quad erat demonstrandum) Im not sure what point you are trying to make here? When they wrote the T&C they intended to impose them, when they operated them they imposed them, its an irrelevance to the discussion at hand. Oh and they will defend and refute the assertion that you can claim contractual interest.

(3) If it gets to court you just add as you rightly say,"in alternative 'sub judice as to the ruleing of these charges unfair' i resort to section 69 of the 1984 County Court Act of 8%"

(4) Start heavy,settle lightly

Justitia Omnibus

I can see this turning into a point scoring thread and I wont be part of it.

I am only interested in the original poster get good information with as much help as possible, ill come back and see if theres anything else I can contribute.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I'm having problems. I've imputted all my charges on Vampiress's spreadsheet (number 5 - throughout claim with compounded contractual interest).

Problem is that all the other cells that should be calculating the interest do not populate. I have messages of #VALUE! Not a number: 13/10/2006 in my Interest on Penalties column and #N/A Did not find value 1/1/2001 in the others.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is this the right spreadsheet to use?

I'm not sure you should post the problem in your own thread and then send Vampiress a pm with a link to your post and ask her to comment help.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I'm having problems. I've imputted all my charges on Vampiress's spreadsheet (number 5 - throughout claim with compounded contractual interest).

Problem is that all the other cells that should be calculating the interest do not populate. I have messages of #VALUE! Not a number: 13/10/2006 in my Interest on Penalties column and #N/A Did not find value 1/1/2001 in the others.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you entering the dates in American format? You should. Google haven't yet given us the facility to use English date format.
Also, is this the right spreadsheet to use?
Right for what?

[

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place. I'm a bit lost with the whole thing :(

I'm using the spreadsheet - Bank accounts Scotland - Simple - Works.

My problem is that I'm claiming on a closed account, so I obviously can't claim interest to date. Where do I find, and how do I change, the date used by NOW in the formula to calculate the number of days since offence?

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place. I'm a bit lost with the whole thing :(

I'm using the spreadsheet - Bank accounts Scotland - Simple - Works.

My problem is that I'm claiming on a closed account, so I obviously can't claim interest to date. Where do I find, and how do I change, the date used by NOW in the formula to calculate the number of days since offence?

You can claim interest to date. You would have had that money right up to today, even if they closed your account (except if you spent it, and you never had the opportunity.)

And have you considered claiming contractual interest? There is discussion around the forums on this.

[

You can claim interest to date. You would have had that money right up to today, even if they closed your account (except if you spent it, and you never had the opportunity.)

And have you considered claiming contractual interest? There is discussion around the forums on this.

Thank you! I didn't think of it that way. I closed the account, not them, but I don't suppose that matters:)

I will have a look a contractual interest, but I'm keeping it as simple as I can because I really don't expect to get anything. I've read and read instructions on here and totally confused myself and will probably do it all wrong :( and chicken out altogether if it gets as far as court.

Thank you! I didn't think of it that way. I closed the account, not them, but I don't suppose that matters:)

I will have a look a contractual interest, but I'm keeping it as simple as I can because I really don't expect to get anything. I've read and read instructions on here and totally confused myself and will probably do it all wrong :( and chicken out altogether if it gets as far as court.

It's good to keep things simple if you're unsure. It's also very wise to read a lot of the forum material before you start. There's no rush. All your answers and research material should be in the libraries.

Good luck.

[

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks