Advice needed regarding return of faulty goods

sdmilne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically, I bought an amplifier from Richer Sounds on January 8th and it has since developed a fault which may or may not have been there since day one. It is a buzzing that comes from the speakers when you hook the amplifier up to an hdmi connection. I only did this for the first time a few days ago. I emailed them and they agreed that the goods were faulty and said that if a fault develops in the first month, they'd gladly exchange the item. Am I likely to experience troubles now they realise I purchased it on January 8th - a shade over a month? Or should they still exchange it? Will the fact that I didn't actually receive the item until either the 12th or 13th make a difference seeing as it means I haven't actually had the item in my hands for a month yet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There month should run from the day it was delivered and not the day it was purchased. Any arguments and you can reference that the Sales of Goods act refers to goods delivered on all time periods for conformity of goods and not when the contract was made.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thanks. They seem to operate under a 30 day policy as opposed to 28, so as they agreed that the item sounded faulty 28 days after it was delivered to me, I hope that there will be no issues. I'm still waiting to hear back from them though.