Car Reposession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My wife was taken to court in Feb 2009 as she had defaulted on her car payments (RFS). She had been paying a token amount but it was decided even though she had paid over half the finance the car was to be taken and she was liable for court costs (Aprox £350.00). She was informed that the car would be picked up in aprox 3 weeks from that date.

It is noe 12 months later and the car is still on our drive. Despite numerous calls to the solicitor involved who say they will arrange for the car to be collected it has been sat undriven for 12 months. The court say that therre is no outstanding fees and as far as they are concerned the matter is closed.

We want to put the car back on the road but no one seems to be able to tell us what our rights are if the company then comes to pick it up. Is there a maximum time allowed for them to collect the car etc?

Any help gratefully recieved.

Was this a county court judgement that they would pick up the car in 3 weeks? Or merely the company stating they would do so?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Send them (or their solicitor) a bill for storing the vehicle dated exactly three weeks from the date the rep said they would collect it. Also advise them that you will dispose of the vehicle to cover the cost if it paid and the vehicle removed by a certain date (fourteen days from their receipt). Make sure you send it by Special Delivery so they cannot dispute receipt.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

sounds good advise, becuase if u drive it they may charge u for its use, charge then storgae and give them 14 days to collect, and that the storage fees are to be paid on collection, if car is on your property they can not remove with out your permission or court order,

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I hope that someone can advise me

I bought a car that was advertised on Gumtree.com

I saw the car twice and did a car check from MYCARCHECK.COM , I got a receipt and paid cash

And then after 3 months the police came around to say that the car I bought was from a garage by means of card fraud and that they are investigating the fraud and asked for the log book which I give them, they advised me that I couldn’t sell the car on.

And now I have received a letter from the police saying that I should contact the garage and hand over the car to them and received letter from the garage saying the same.

I did everything correctly, checking the car out, did HPI check, got a receipt etc. I am going to be out of pocket

What are my rights?

How can I recover my money back?

What shell I do next ?

Thanks

If you used one of the good "official" HPI check companies then they should be insured against the information proving to be inacurate. I'm not sure if they have a get out clause because this car wasn't reported as "stolen" at the time you did the check, but worth looking in to.