Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yay i got another rubbish letter today which has done nothing to address my concerns.

It pretty much says we are pleased about Computeach blah blah, you are still liable for this personal loan. What a pile of &hit, these guys are real cowboys who do not have the first idea about anything legal. Has anyone else had a letter like this?

Kymi: They did that anyway the thing was the free re-tests if you take the exams locally.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay i got another rubbish letter today which has done nothing to address my concerns.

It pretty much says we are pleased about Computeach blah blah, you are still liable for this personal loan. What a pile of &hit, these guys are real cowboys who do not have the first idea about anything legal. Has anyone else had a letter like this?

Yep. Received my letter this morning.

I'm trying to compose my reply to BPF now......

Edited by Bongo_Fury
speeeeling

Hi all,

I hope someone can answer a quick question for me.

My husband signed up to the Advent computer training with finance through BPF on the advice of the salesman that came to see him on the basis that after the first 12 months buy now pay later period had elapsed Advent would arrange for another finance agreement with a better rate of interest.

I would like to know if anyone else had had this experience? Was anyone else told the same?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Annoyed Consumer

Hi all,

I hope someone can answer a quick question for me.

My husband signed up to the Advent computer training with finance through BPF on the advice of the salesman that came to see him on the basis that after the first 12 months buy now pay later period had elapsed Advent would arrange for another finance agreement with a better rate of interest.

I would like to know if anyone else had had this experience? Was anyone else told the same?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Annoyed Consumer

yes i was and when i asked about it i was told in no polite terms to sod off and speak to BPF

If anyone is doing any group actions please let me know so we can join. I will be getting in touch with Watchdog too, hopefully the more of us who do they my take some action.

Many Thanks

edited

Edited by HSBCrusher

Fuzzbutt is the only person who needs to know the details for the legal challenge, and we will not be told the name of any law firms involved until the time is right. This is because Barclays are reading this forum SHAME THEY DO NOT LISTEN!!!, and any advance notice of the law firm/s may enable them to take a degree of preparative action or even worse pay them not to take the case (This is Barclays after all).

Barclays will get theirs all in good time we are hanging on Fuzzbutt and that is the way it will stay for at least a couple of weeks.

Kymi: They did that anyway the thing was the free re-tests if you take the exams locally.

I have. the most interesting thing they wrote is I'm free to choose different training provider if I'm not happy with Computeach ;) FOS waiting:-D

I have. the most interesting thing they wrote is I'm free to choose different training provider if I'm not happy with Computeach ;) FOS waiting:-D

I got the same letter today.

I think this means that 'Yes' you can choose your own training provider - but at your own expense!

Fuzzbutt is the only person who needs to know the details for the legal challenge, and we will not be told the name of any law firms involved until the time is right. This is because Barclays are reading this forum SHAME THEY DO NOT LISTEN!!!, and any advance notice of the law firm/s may enable them to take a degree of preparative action or even worse pay them not to take the case (This is Barclays after all).

Barclays will get theirs all in good time we are hanging on Fuzzbutt and that is the way it will stay for at least a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Yep. Received my letter this morning.

I'm trying to compose my reply to BPF now......

I also received a letter from Barclays, I can choose my own provider, but must keep on paying the loan. Also had a letter from 'Resolvecall', they are acting on behalf of Mercers Debt Collection-saying if I don't pay up, they will be coming round personally to collect! Have signed up with fuzzbutt, just hope it doesn't take ages.

Hi there,

I am also one of the angry students of advent. I signed up in July 2008 and took the option where I do not have to pay for a year and I can get a loan from someone else. Of course recession came, my hours were cut my financial situation has changed so the bank did not give me a loan. So I started paying £256 a month since July 09. In september and october I was conatcting Advent and trying to cancel the course, after 2 conversations with Karen Pointon I was rudely ignored. I sent emails and emails and nothing. It is like they have been ignoring me on purpose.

Then they went into administration which I found out from my friend's boyfriend. Of course I cancelled my DD and now I am trying to get out of pyaing. I just want to get out of the agreement and be left alone. Now since I cancelled my DD 2 days ago BPF are calling me about 5 times a day.

I know you guys probably went through all the actions I can take and I will read throug the whole forum(I just discovered it), I just though I might participate in any petitions or groups or anything.

And also if you have any quick crucial advice I would be very gratefull.

Thanks

I also received a letter from Barclays, I can choose my own provider, but must keep on paying the loan. Also had a letter from 'Resolvecall', they are acting on behalf of Mercers Debt Collection-saying if I don't pay up, they will be coming round personally to collect! Have signed up with fuzzbutt, just hope it doesn't take ages.

Hi Koblenz,

It appears Barclays Partner Finance is a trading name for Mercers and a few other debt collection agency's there is information on here in the debt forum to inform you about what debt collectors can and can't do and I'm pretty sure their are template letters to deny any debt collector from coming to your door I have read some stuff about it but other people who have dealt with themand know more about them will help you. Also consumer direct and CAB would advise.

Don't know if any of that helps.

hi folks i got an e-mail from PKF this morning basicly covering what they where doing with advent when they where handling the insolvency,

on it it states in APPENDIX H that any student has the rite to cancell! did any one else get this e=mail?

yes I did, the only email I received from them. My soilicitor is looking into it but I think he will do something that was already done.

I contacted Computeach and told them about my situation. they said that that BPF fullfilled their obligation by sourcing an alternatice provider. also that i can cancel but will still have to pay to BPF.

BPF should be closed and nothing like them should ever be created again.

Hi there,

I am also one of the angry students of advent. I signed up in July 2008 and took the option where I do not have to pay for a year and I can get a loan from someone else. Of course recession came, my hours were cut my financial situation has changed so the bank did not give me a loan. So I started paying £256 a month since July 09. In september and october I was conatcting Advent and trying to cancel the course, after 2 conversations with Karen Pointon I was rudely ignored. I sent emails and emails and nothing. It is like they have been ignoring me on purpose.

Then they went into administration which I found out from my friend's boyfriend. Of course I cancelled my DD and now I am trying to get out of pyaing. I just want to get out of the agreement and be left alone. Now since I cancelled my DD 2 days ago BPF are calling me about 5 times a day.

I know you guys probably went through all the actions I can take and I will read throug the whole forum(I just discovered it), I just though I might participate in any petitions or groups or anything.

And also if you have any quick crucial advice I would be very gratefull.

Thanks

Hi Maygav,

Who were you paying the £256 a month to?

The well known Barclays Partner Finance.

I already paid £2300.

Sorry I reread your post and understand now I had the same deal and the interest is a disgrace.

Anywhoo there is a class action lawsuit being arranged edited

Also to add For everyone that's involved themselves that we were asked to not contact BPF other than to say we were awaiting legal advice. we will receive instructions when it's all set up.

More names more strength behind this action:D

Edited by HSBCrusher

I knew Computeach and Barclays would be in league with each other they just cannot wait to get their grubby fat hands on our money. As far as i am concerned their actions are now tantamount to extortion. If they send people round to your house to try and collect money for a frustrated agreement. It would be outright criminal (Harresment).

Let's look at the facts here

1. Advent was more then likely mis-sold to all of us.

2. Some of us were promised alternative deals when their interest free year was up

3. BPF took too long to nominate an alternative provider who in any case are utter C%^P, and totally unacceptable to us all.

4. BPF dealt with the complaints in an entirely shoddy way just sending Generic letters to nearly everyone who entered into correspondance with them.

5. They are now causing emotional distress to many of us which is affecting our work and home lives, and in some cases myself included physical distress in the form of sleepless nights, panic attacks and depression.

6. The financial ombudsman is ruling in students favour and Hitachi are now offering refunds.

To this end i entirely agree with the above posting Barclays should be raised to the ground as well as all of these other shoddy training providers. What kind of training provider can honestly say they pursue the best outcome for a student when they profit from you doing less......not one!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks