Welcome Finance *****WON*****

johnny28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is not accceptable send the following in same envelope.

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone callslink8.gif that I have received from your company in regards to my loan that is now paid off and satisfied, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone callslink8.gif from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

thanks for that Ozzy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, I think they will stop phoning, but send one more request for monies claiming you breeched the agreement. Then we can send a proper letter (possibly with the help of Post) in reply to theirs, at this point they will close account. . .

Just an opinion as you asked but no matter how it goes you will not pay them anymore, let me know if you wish to ask for the 10 pound they take extra in 2 days . . lets wait for their reply.

Honestly, I think they will stop phoning, but send one more request for monies claiming you breeched the agreement. Then we can send a proper letter (possibly with the help of Post) in reply to theirs, at this point they will close account. . .

Just an opinion as you asked but no matter how it goes you will not pay them anymore, let me know if you wish to ask for the 10 pound they take extra in 2 days . . lets wait for their reply.

I will of course keep you personally informed and thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this.

Both letters sent by Recorded Delivery on 30th Jan (Saturday) kept receipt for proof of signature.

Lets see what they say in their reply, thanks for your advice Ozzy will keep you updated when I receive something from them.

Johnny

Best of luck :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Do not discuss on the phone Johnny, your account is now paid in full right ? send to compliance this letter.

I know you have sent it once but resend, dont get stressed with the calls, this is their intention so dont give them the satisfaction.

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

I see absolutly no reason for you to phone me as the above account is now settled in full and the only communication required from yourselves is a statement of account to this affect and acknowledgement that any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to this account as being “satisfied” in full.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Do not discuss on the phone Johnny, your account is now paid in full right ? send to compliance this letter.

I know you have sent it once but resend, dont get stressed with the calls, this is their intention so dont give them the satisfaction.

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I see absolutly no reason for you to phone me as the above account is now settled in full and the only communication required from yourselves is a statement of account to this affect and acknowledgement that any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to this account as being “satisfied” in full.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Hi Ozzy,

Yes the agreement is paid in full as of end of January 2010

• 2 weeks later...
ignore any calls, send them the above letter. check with your bank DD is cancelled.

Hi Ozzy,

I still havent heard back from them in regards to my complaint, although I havent recieved any Phone calls this week, which has been very nice.

Shall I wait another week or so? Or shall I send them another letter?

Johnny

Edited by johnny28

Have had a letter from them today , saying that they are still investigating my complaint and to thank me for my patience. Have had a phone call off them in like 10 days or so, then guess what I got 2 phone calls off them in the space of 3 minutes.

GRRRRRRR I thought that they were doing the right thing and actually adhering to my letters, obviously not.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG! What a straight forward admission of their c*ckup! Congratulations!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

OMG! What a straight forward admission of their c*ckup! Congratulations!

Thanks Beyond, I thought that they would have put up more of a fight, but they were in the end just just putty in my hand,. lol

I Have Indeed

Me Thinks Welcome Have Had There Knuckles Rapped By The Fos With The Amount Of Complaints They Have Been Getting

So just 1 letter (compiled by Ozzy) and a complaint to the FOS and they caved in, though it took them 2 months to reply.

Thanks very much for all your advice.