This is disgusting if allowed to happen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

similar attempt to what they are trying to do

A group of men branded soldiers at a homecoming parade murderers and baby killers, a court has heard.

BBC News - Soldiers at Luton homecoming march 'branded killers'

On thing's for sure. If we didn't have immigrants we wouldn't have racial tension.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

This is what the Judge said when sentencing Richard Reid, the so-called "shoe bomber". I think it puts the a lot of things into perspective:

Yep. It reminds us that Americans as a nation are posturing, self-righteous, pompous bigots who all think they're John Wayne. :rolleyes:

On thing's for sure. If we didn't have immigrants we wouldn't have racial tension.
One thing's even surer, if we didn't have xenophobic bigots, we wouldn't have racial tension either.

If we didn't have immigrants... We wouldn't have a Britain. Full stop. :rolleyes:

One thing's even surer, if we didn't have xenophobic bigots, we wouldn't have racial tension either.

If we didn't have immigrants... We wouldn't have a Britain. Full stop. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, looks like that touched a nerve. What touches a nerve with me is immigrants flooding into this country to scrounge off us while simultaneously plotting to blow us all to kingdom come. Sorry, but I don't see why I should pay taxes for people like that. If they've got a job to go to, fair enough, but if they haven't they should be told to go forth and multiply. Let them blow up the Dutch or the Belgians or the French or whatever ever country they reached ours from.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Oh dear, looks like that touched a nerve. What touches a nerve with me is immigrants flooding into this country to scrounge off us while simultaneously plotting to blow us all to kingdom come. Sorry, but I don't see why I should pay taxes for people like that. If they've got a job to go to, fair enough, but if they haven't they should be told to go forth and multiply. Let them blow up the Dutch or the Belgians or the French or whatever ever country they reached ours from.

Fred

I agree there mate, Border control the same as Australia I think is whats needed !

Do not see them swamped ? nope.

Can the moderators please take action here, preferably to lock this thread?

This thread is not currently a debate, nor do I believe it now serves any purpose beyond being a platform for paroxysms of racist xenophobia, and keeping this thread open rather seems to run the dangerous line of elevating its contents to the giddy heights of valid discussion.

With the few exceptions of those posters who have tried to remain level-headed, I am frankly ashamed and embarassed to be associated with a community that finds this kind of vile hate-mongering acceptable, and, much worse, compounds it by allowing some posters to continue making statements that amount to little more than outright bigotry.

Can the moderators please take action here, preferably to lock this thread?

This thread is not currently a debate, nor do I believe it now serves any purpose beyond being a platform for paroxysms of racist xenophobia, and keeping this thread open rather seems to run the dangerous line of elevating its contents to the giddy heights of valid discussion.

With the few exceptions of those posters who have tried to remain level-headed, I am frankly ashamed and embarassed to be associated with a community that finds this kind of vile hate-mongering acceptable, and, much worse, compounds it by allowing certain posters to continue making statements that amount to little more than outright bigotry.

Strange how racism only works one way huh ? :eek:

I am not a racist nor a bigot... yet am sick of the state of the country through decades of abuse by many.

Strange how racism only works one way huh ? :eek:

I am not a racist nor a bigot... yet am sick of the state of the country through decades of abuse by many.

Yep. There's nothing bigoted about Islam4UK or Muslims branding British Soldiers rapists and baby killers is there?

Fred

please avoid this getting out of hand, it was posted showing that a welcome home for our dead heroes could be destroyed

True. Now I think it will be. Even the Greatest British Prime Minister of all time (he of "British jobs for British people" fame) has called it "abhorrent and offensive".

I think these people would be mad to try it anyway. To say that they'd get short shrift would be putting it mildly.

I do however disagree with the idea that we should keep our thoughts to ourselves. Isn't that what free speech is all about?

Fred

While I fully realise that this is a very emotive subject which is going to draw out very strong feelings, the thread has been allowed to run as a sensible and balanced debate.

I must, however, remind everyone who has posted on this thread that on this site, we do have a comprehensive set of rules in respect of what may and what may not be posted.

The full site rules can be found here.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

It will do nobody any harm to re-read these and follow them.

Any further breaches of the site rules, in this thread, will result in the whole post being unapproved, without any time wasted on editing them.

Rooster-UK.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Oh dear, looks like that touched a nerve.
Damn right it did. *I* am an immigrant, and I should think that yoyu wouldn't have to go that far in your ancestry to find one or more of *your* ancestors being immigrants too.

Like I said, look into British and in fact most countries' histories and you will find they are made of immigrants. That's not racism, that's not liberalism, that's not rose-tint glasses, it's a historical fact.

And just to show how bigotry CREATES the divide and not the other way round: I like to think of myself as a fairly well adapted, integrated member of the British population now, with a British husband, British born and bred children and a British grandchild. I have now created the British branch of my family, which, all being well, will continue to grow and thrive in this country. No axe to grind that is any different from most Brits, you know, the banks, DCAs, the usual... It is in fact seldom that I think of my native country.

Yet, after reading that incredibly narrow-minded, extremist sentence about "if there were no immigrants, there'd be no racial hatred", I find myself angry, outraged, and in the need of defending my own place in this country when there is no reason why I should. It is that comment which has created anger and a desire to lash out where there was none before.

Expand that to a whole portion of the population. Rings any bells? :rolleyes:

Yep. It reminds us that Americans as a nation are posturing, self-righteous, pompous bigots who all think they're John Wayne. :rolleyes:

:):):)

Damn right it did. *I* am an immigrant, and I should think that yoyu wouldn't have to go that far in your ancestry to find one or more of *your* ancestors being immigrants too.

Like I said, look into British and in fact most countries' histories and you will find they are made of immigrants. That's not racism, that's not liberalism, that's not rose-tint glasses, it's a historical fact.

And just to show how bigotry CREATES the divide and not the other way round: I like to think of myself as a fairly well adapted, integrated member of the British population now, with a British husband, British born and bred children and a British grandchild. I have now created the British branch of my family, which, all being well, will continue to grow and thrive in this country. No axe to grind that is any different from most Brits, you know, the banks, DCAs, the usual... It is in fact seldom that I think of my native country.

Yet, after reading that incredibly narrow-minded, extremist sentence about "if there were no immigrants, there'd be no racial hatred", I find myself angry, outraged, and in the need of defending my own place in this country when there is no reason why I should. It is that comment which has created anger and a desire to lash out where there was none before.

Expand that to a whole portion of the population. Rings any bells? :rolleyes:

It does ring bells. There is one portion of the population in Great Britain that is continually discriminated against. They're called 'The English'.

You appear to have adapted and accepted the ways and cultures of this country. I presume that you haven't planted bombs on the tubes and buses, that you're not planning anti-British demonstrations and I expect that you came here to work, or your folks did, not simply to sponge from the British people. Therefore you've answered your own question.

I was actually referring to the recent tidal wave of immigration that has swamped this country in the space of the last 12 years, not the gradual immigration at sensible levels allowing people to assimilate, that has occurred over the last several hundred.

Don't forget that "that incredibly narrow-minded, extremist sentence" is only so in your view. Others may think it perfectly reasonable. It was simply a statement of fact. If there were no 'X' people there wouldn't be others annoyed about 'X' people.

Regards.

Fred

That's quite enough, Fred. It's time for you to stop now.

Says who? That made me smile. I've read the rules as suggested by Rooster and can't see anything against it.

Fred

Its not about who you are or what you believe, its about how you act while you are here.

I for one am sick to death of having to be patient while people force THEIR beliefs down my throat.

I dont care, i dont want to here it.

This once great nation is now just a dumping ground for other countries undesirables. And what makes it worse is the fact the hard working people of this country have to pay for them to be here.

In 14 years of being a landlord, i have had dozens of foreign people stay at my property, if fact i have a black person there now. But if my opinions deem me to be a racist. TOUGH.

This country is in such a bad way that i cant wait to leave next year.

This once great nation is now just a dumping ground for other countries undesirables.

I haven't read this thread since posting yesterday so forgive me if I missed a bit. From the few posts I 've read I'm not sure I want to, but I had to smile at the bit quoted above.

Just remind me what we English did with our criminals once we pinched Australia from the Aborigines.:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What a singular racist and vile statement. With people who hold views like that there will always be racial, colour, religious or indeed any excuse for "lets single them out because they are different" tension.

We are all immigrants to this country in one shape or another. I am half Irish (which according to some of your earlier posts Fred) makes me thick and a gypsy.

Indeed even our royal family are of German and Greek decent, are you gonna send them back to their own country?

Ime Sitting On The Fence

Being Ex Army My View Are Tainted Seeing The People Come Back In Coffins

Those Poor Famlies, A War, For What

The Ego Of Two Men Who Are Trying To Be The Worlds Police

Has Brown Ever Served His Country

Has Blair

So They Never Know Whats Its Like To Proudly Wear The Queens Uniform

Caro, Your Post

This Is All Ancient History, Not Relevent In Todays World

We Should Never Forget, That Is Something Being Eroded, British History.

Be It Good Or Bad

Those Who Forget History Are Destined To Repeat It

All You Need Is Love As Mr Lenon Would Say

Wonder What He Would Make Out Of All This

I am ex army as well and of course I fully support our boys. However I think that you will find that the decision to take military action in both Iraq and Afghanistan was voted for unanimously by both the Labour party and the conservatives. So if we are going to blame it on politicians then lets not forget Mr Howard and Mr Cameron