Advice on Thomas Cook Holiday Complaint sent 3 months ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, I would like to ask for some advice if i could.

In September 2009 me and my partner went on Holiday to Mexico with Thomas Cook (Package Holiday, 5* Hotel, Thomas Cook Airlines etc)

I won't bore you all with the details but in a nutshell we had problems from the off, we flew Premium cabin from Manchester and our plane was delayed 4 hours, then they made us fly on a smaller plane for 10 hours with no premium cabin (they said that our premium cabin would be refunded for both directions as they could not say if premium cabin was available on the way back), our rep and other TC staff also told us this regardless of if they could or not.

That was just the start, there was a fight between 7 young lads that broke out 5 hours into the flight (the TC staff did not handle it well and just made it worse).

The Hotel was also problematic, half the hotel services was closed due to poor guest numbers and we had no running water for 2 days.

Overall not good.

We put in an official complaint on the 2nd of October 2009 and posted it via the Thomas cook shop, so far we haven't had an official reply, we have been into the shop 4 times now and all that we keep being told is that the customer relations dept is handling a large number of complaints and to bear with them.

They owe me over £500 for the premium class refund not to mention a reply to all the other problems outlined.

Please could anyone advise what route to take next as I seem to be getting nowhere.

Thanks

Peter

Edited by polarhaze

tbh if u handed in ur complaint to the local travel shop they will have to send it off then u have to wait upto 28 days for a reply , if u have not received it then ask the person in the shop who u gave ur complaint to , see if they can chase it up , i put a complaint in regarding thomas cook and got a response within a month ( not the response i was looking for either ) they will no doubt send you a letter trying to fob u off but if u persist then im sure you will get the outcome ur hoping for :)

good luck with it :)

heres the address if it helps :

Thomas Cook Customer Relations

2-4 Godwin Street

Bradford

BD1 2ST

heres the email address u might want to email also :

customer.relations@thomascook.com

and heres a phone number for them also :

Customer service and sales team: 0844 855 0515

When An Official Complaint Is Made, The Company Has A Max Of Eight Weeks To Rectify Your Complaint Or Give A Valid Reason As To Why The Complaint Is To Continue

This Has Now Gone On Long Enough And You Need To Start Thinking Of A 14 Day Letter Before Action To Get Things Moving Again

If No Joy On The Above Phone Number, Have You Considered Contacting Abta

Thomas Cook Will Subscribe To Them

ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH TRAVEL AGENTS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thomas Cook have already breached the Code of Conduct see below and open PDF for Code of Conduct. Thomas Cook can receive £400 fine if deemed to have broken Rule 5B (i) & (ii) if this is appropriate.

Industry Standards - ABTA

Write to ABTA Ltd

30 Park Street

London

SE1 9EQ

Additional you may be interested in two new judgements concerning Cancelled / delayed flights (yours 4 hours) - If you arrived at your destination over 3 hours late than originally stated and if - DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULITIES.(if this is appropriate)

http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2009-11/cp090102en.pdf

RECENT CASE-LAW - Results

I had a nightmare journey with Thomas Cook and currently taking them to small claims court.

Hi Superhorn

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunatly ABTA were totality usless when we contacted them, the problem's with ABTA were as follows.

1. when we finally managed to get someone to reply from ABTA all they said was "try and write a finall letter sitting out your complaint........AGAIN etc"

2. as ABTA are funded by tour opporators they were never going to Fine the very people who keep their joke organisation going.

3. ABTA wanted us to go through their arbitration at a cost of about £80.00 and their would be no form dispute on what ever the rulings or findings from ABTA.

4. when we complained to ABTA about the service we recieved from them (ABTA)they told us "ABTA can not help us" and that we should "take Thomas Cook to a small claims court"

Needless to say ABTA are about as useful as TC :)

The links that you have posted are relevant as the Judge that Ruled in the European Court stated that the case has been back dated to 2007 and all ruling after the initial ruling can be perused under European Law. 19th Nov 2009 ruling initialised a back date to 2007 and the original case ruling.

The problem is that before we started out we didnt think we had a leg to stand on its only by digging on the internet that we have found the "smoking gun" neither myself or my wife are legally trained we have had plenty of time to dig through laws, legislation and rulings to put a case together along with a few people who have carried through their complaint.

if we can help in any way please let me know and again thanks for the post :)

• 3 weeks later...