stayed cases, have you heard anything yet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still awaiting anouncement on RBS/NatWest representation made at the same time as Lloyds & Abbey. Dont hold your breath on this cant see any court time booked for next week for Judge Andrew Smith to make his intended announcement despite the fact he did state he would try and issue his findings before Christmas.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks srf, I realise that but obviously, from what has been reported in these forums(izzat the correct plural?), court staff all over appear to have briefed their masters incorrectly and getting a court staff to admit to a mistake is proving damned difficult!

Somewhere on this site (perhaps a Mod can direct you) is the actual terms etc of the stay and details of what it covers. In it it quite specifically states that it does not cover CC claims.

The official guideline is either from the FSA or the OFT. The Master of the Rolls statement is the source.

The OFT has alraedy ruled that the charge of CC claims was unlawful and capped it to a maximum of £12.

Hopefully someone can direct you to the official document as to what claims are on hold and what it covers quickly.

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well we STILL haven't had, even, an acknowledgement from Warr County Court.

Can anyone advise please how we go about having a 'stay' lifted. There's no mention in "Small claims procedure- practical guide". Do we just write and say 'pretty' please?

Well we STILL haven't had, even, an acknowledgement from Warr County Court.

Can anyone advise please how we go about having a 'stay' lifted. There's no mention in "Small claims procedure- practical guide". Do we just write and say 'pretty' please?

What grounds are there for lifting the stay since the OFT test case issues remain unresolved?

Is it a credit card claim?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

They certainly are CC complaints (2) but since the original N1s were targetting ** bank t/as ** cc they seem to have been swept up with the masses - possibly just a clerical error since no grounds (or application) for a stay - other than the OFT case- have ever been notified.

Slim to none I would say, remember this case is to determine IF the OFT has the power to assess the charges for fairness. Anyone with half a brain can see the answer is yes.

Its just a delaying tactic to benefit the banks, as is the Waiver.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

To be honest the whole thing has been very cack-handed since the OFT got involved. All they have done is stopped customers from claiming and clouded the issue and it appears from the messages on here now they used the WRONG part of the relevent legislation.

I keep coming back to this basic point if the Office of FAIR Trading cannot assess the charges for fairness then something needs to be done pronto so they can.

I don't think full refunds would be fair, all people want is to arrive at a FAIR figure. The banks still haven't given any info as to thier costs, and THAT is the issue.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.