JobCentre help needed. Taking their time with claim.

90DC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a new claim for JSA on 20th November, they said it will all be set up within two weeks (10-14 days they said). It has now been four weeks, i have signed on aswell.

My problem is, i have no money for the kids presents this year, i hate having to rely on the state, and if given a choice, i wouldn't. They infuriate me.

Well they needed my partners ID, so i took it into the JobCentre and they apparently faxed it to the department (Well it must've gone to the wrong department, because they haven't recieved this yet.) I have been on the phone to them every day this week and twice last week, calling 0845 numbers when you have no money is hard, so i've had to bear it and use the phone from the JobCentre.

I went in at 4:55 today (5 minutes before closing). Phoned benefit enquiries and was told what i had been told about nine times already. "It is being processed but we are chasing the information." The customer service bloke in the JobCentre was getting impatient with me, and as it was him that mis-sent my information, i had a go at him, he clearly wasn't happy, i'd made him five minutes late out of work, well i don't care, i am really upset, have no money for presents and haven't been guaranteed that it will be sorted by Christmas, and because of my situation, this also means no Turkey, no presents for the kids, and i wont be able to repay the payments on the debts i owe because of this.

I applied for a crisis loan three days ago, originally asked for £300, but the most they could offer me was £43.00, i was disgusted, this wouldn't cover anything, it is miniscule, i am now £400 down on my benefit, i just want to curl into a ball and cry. I feel i have let down my children and everything, i am going to fight more on Monday, but if it isn't sorted by then, i wont recieve any money till some time after they close for Christmas, it is sickening, i cannot afford to live like this.

Please, if anybody knows how i can go about this to avoid having the dole ruin my Sons first Christmas and my other kid, who has got over excited about Christmas, will be upset and i will feel i have let them both down. I hate the social, it is not my way of living, but when it's a last resort, just about everyone turns to it.

I want to know what to do? Please, please help, i am at a loss and it is really depressing and causing me upset.

Thanks for anybody that will help me on my way.

Sorry you are having a bad time at the moment I work for JCP and this is a hard time of year for customers and staff alike.

When you make your claim you are advised that claims can take approximately 10 to 14 working days to be processed as long as all information is provided at the inital interview. These times are only an indication of a straight forward claim under normal conditions however the last year has seen a vast increase in claims so realisitically these times have increased but through no fault of staff working in the BDC offices.

There is nothing you can do realisitically do I'm afraid. All I can suggest is going into your JCP office on Monday in the morning again with your partners ID (and also you own just in case) and speaking to the telephony section (through the 0845 number) and politely and calmly asking what the position of your claim is. The person you speak to is not actually processing your claim and therefore is no more accountable that the person in the JCP office so why shout at them? It will not get you anywhere but could ultimately result in a ban from entering the office or from using the customer phones. (yes I have known it happen!)

With any luck you may be able to get something sorted on Monday and could potentially get an internet same day payment (as long as it is agreed by the JSA manger at the BDC) but if you kick off this is likely to be refused or even a clerical giro (hence your ID).

Do not mention that it is to get your kids Christmas presents as this not a reason to get it processed any faster either, unfortunately this time of year has no bearing on processing as your benefit is not supposed to fund luxuries. Simply explain that bills are mounting up and you may incurr bank charges if you go overdrawn.

I apologise if you don't like my reply but I have typed and re-typed this numerous times tryng not to come across the wrong way.

Thanks for the reply there, i didn't and wouldn't have taken any reply in the wrong way, so long as it was advisory. I will go into the JobCentre on Monday, with my partner and her ID, i will ask a member of staff to fax this through (And tell them exactly what department, my JobCentre is over a county border so as far as i know, if sent, it went to one BDC rather than the other one.)

I really do hope it is sorted out in time, i gave them my partner's ID when i went for the initial appointment back in November, i will take into account what you say about the money and bills mounting up (Which they are anyway, badly) But this will probably not help speed it up, nothing i seem to say makes anybody there act in a compassionate matter, i have not got the number for the BDC i am dealing with, so do you reckon it is advisory i get hold of this number and contact them directly, as it is disappointing that people would leave families in financial difficulties over the Christmas period. I've had a lot of things run through my mind over the past couple of weeks, and i have said, and decided not to say some things, but what i have said to the JC staff, wouldn't get me banned, they'd need to have good reason that i was being unreasonable as it is just an act of desperation.

I will keep you informed on what goes on when i go in on Monday, but i don't think it will be too promising and i think my first problem is that my claim wont be sorted till after the Christmas period, then the second problem will be they will mess me around with the money, as if this is the case, the backdated payment will be around £600. And i don't see them paying this out.

It seems to be all sorted now, i rang them up again this morning and after about half an hour on the phone, the bloke from enquiries emailed the BDC and asked them to issue a girocheque tomorrow morning.

The processing contacted me at about 4:15 and he says it should all be processed and stupidly told me i have 90% chance of recieving a phone call tomorrow and a giro will be issued.

Still, there is 10% chance i wont get this, i will update tomorrow evening. Thanks for all the help and advice. :)