Problems with my internet on desktop pc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope i have put this in the right place as i am having a problem with the internet on my desktop pc.

I have had my T-Mobile wireless broadband dongle for around 18 months now and have never had any major problems until now.

At about 5.30pm last night my Firefox browser kept coming up with Server cannot be found so i clicked and disconnected the dongle then reconnected as that usually sorts the problem out. After a few minutes the page i wanted was taking forever to load and then came up with Server cannot be found.

So i disconnected it again, unplugged it from the USB port before restarting the computer. I plugged the dongle back in and connected up again but when i opened Firefox it just came up with an untitled page. I presumed i had a problem with Firefox so i tried using Internet Explorer 8 but that came up with Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage. I restarted the computer several times but i still have the same probelm.

My friend brought his laptop over for me so i could test the dongle on that and it worked straight away. I have now borrowed my sisters laptop for the meantime which works great.

I am presuming there is a problem with my desktop pc but i have not changed any settings and have no idea if i can fix it in anyway.

If anyone can help i will be so grateful.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Have you tried a different USB port?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

is it just web browsing that doesn't work? are e-mail programs and anti-virus updates working?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert