JSA payment over christmas??

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are due to receive a payment on a day which is a bank holiday then the usual procedure is for it to be advanced so that you receive it as close as possible to the day - but not later than the day.

Signing on Thursday 20th should mean that the payment would have already advanced on Tuesday 18th to reach your account on the 21st (3 working days not 4). But as flumps says you will be receiving this information nearer the time to confirm.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I received that slip to say Expected issue date 20/12/12. payment for period ending 24/12/2012, it's like 3am, an i've been checking my bank regularly an nothing. should i phone up jsa or my bank not sure. thanks

Hi, I received that slip to say Expected issue date 20/12/12. payment for period ending 24/12/2012, it's like 3am, an i've been checking my bank regularly an nothing. should i phone up jsa or my bank not sure. thanks

Call JSA first to ensure that the payment has actually been made. You may find, though, that JCP offices in England and Wales are closed tomorrow (offices in Scotland should be open). What day would you normally expect your payment?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i sign on a monday, an i get paid on a thursday, ahh im from wales no, so i doubt ill get today then on the 24th?

Call JSA first to ensure that the payment has actually been made. You may find, though, that JCP offices in England and Wales are closed tomorrow (offices in Scotland should be open). What day would you normally expect your payment?

i get paid on a thursday, as they said when i signed on last time, i received the slip to say the date id expect my payment 20th to 24th dec, but no luck in my bank so im not sure if ill get paid.

Hi every1 i sent my postal sign on llast tueday the 18th to be in for friday and i normally get paid the following wednesday, i thought i would get paid on friday the 21st but i asked and the woman said it would be in today the 24th but no luck!! would there be any chance it would be in my bank at 12 tonight?im trying to hang on 2 any hope at the minute, or when would i get it now? thanks

Are we still required to apply for the same number of jobs over the Christmas period? I've noticed there's significantly less jobs advertised than normal. In fact, of the three fields of work which are on my JSA I haven't seen a single suitable job advertised. For two of them there seldom is work for those areas where I live, but I am nearly always able to go above my quota for the third field.

I'm required to apply for a minimum of five jobs a week, but the only work for the third field that I have seen advertised this last week have higher travel expenses than the wages. I have been applying for other jobs outside of my JSA, but in terms of me receiving my benefits it doesn't matter if I apply for thousands of these or none at all.

I'm assuming that JCP staff won't care that there is a lack of work during this period and I should just apply for the jobs with high travel costs, attend the interview if I'm offered one, then reject the job due to not being able to afford it? Even applying for jobs like this will be a problem as there have only been two so far and I need to have applied for five before Friday!

The payment system BACS http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Corporate/Pages/default.aspx

Still grind to a halt in the UK over the festive period and bank holidays.

BACS will getting going again in the early hours of 27th December 2012 usual after 02:00 hrs

No BACS on red days http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/SiteCollectionDocuments/Bacs_processing_calendar_2012.pdf

And

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/SiteCollectionDocuments/Bacs_processing_calendar_2013.pdf

DWP Early payment dates http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376126-***Benefits-over-Xmas-and-New-Year-2012-Please-read-before-posting***&p=4073274&viewfull=1#post4073274

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...