Advice needed please.

priestley1965
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is my first thread so please be patient with me if I get things wrong.

After reading other forums I decided to take on the Nationwide to reclaim unfair charges on an account which I closed 18 months ago.

I followed the correct procedure and my initial letter was quickly rejected. I then requested statements from them under the data protection act for a cost of £10, they provided this information on the deadline day and I duly sent a letter before action letter to them giving them 14 days to pay up (approx £3000) or face court action. On the 14th day they responded stating that my letter is being dealt with under their complaints procedure which is governed by the FSA and the FSA allows them 8 weeks to respond to a complaint:-x . Do I now stick to my guns and instigate court proceedings immediately or do I now have to wait upto 8 weeks for their response:?:

Any help or advice on this point would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alan.....

They are stalling! You've sent them an LBA. Stick to your guns and go ahead with Court Action. Forget the FSA. Your claim / complaint is not with them. The Bank is obliged to reply to HMCS within 14 days and if they want more time, they will probably have to explain why and answer their case in Court. Now that would be interesting!

PeterG

Hi Alan

What you have received is a standard letter.....in 8 weeks time they would come back and still tell you to bugger off, they find nothing wrong with their charges etc. You do not have to wait 8 weeks at all, go and claim your money back.

If you need any help with the moneyclaim form, just ask and someone will help.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....