style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for the error message go here

its an auto update problem

You receive a random "0x0000008E" error message on a blue screen in Windows XP

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a link for the same error in Vista?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

:D

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah, sorry I was under the impression that you were unable to surf to certain websites at all, hence my asking you to perform those initial checks.

Still, it's not done any harm to perform those checks and confirm that things should be running fine.

Regarding the updates, you could just turn on the automatic updates service built in to windows (under Control Panel), which will grab the updates. If you don't want to switch this on, and have a copy of any non-IE browser installed, you can use the WindizUpdate website to get updates directly from Microsoft without having to use their website. This site is completely safe, and all the updates are genuine M$ updates.

This site was started and is maintained by a group of people who were upset that M$ updates via the web are only accessible to those surfing in IE and those who are willing to install WGA software on their PC.

Personally, I'd try installing FireFox (it's free and won't touch your existing IE installation at all), and try updating with the above site.

If you prefer to stick with IE, then I would guess that something, either IE itself or another program you have running, is blocking certain scripts that M$ likes to run on its update website. If these scripts aren't allowed to run, it will cause the kind of issue you mention, with systems just timing out. You could try reinstalling IE, or upgrading to the latest version (assuming you haven't already done so).

Sorry again, I know I should start a thread but I've had/am having similar problems.

I just tried to install windizupdate with firefox and got this message:-

Firefox could not install the file at http://windizupdate.com/files/windizupdate.xpi because install script not found -204.

I presume that the link provided is for xp only? I run Shista.

hehe

i was just finding it................

there are links, but, most sight hardware issues.

i'd be inclined to start some hardware fault finding.

typically mis match of ram stick [diff speeds] or failing ram.

next up would be HDD smart errors.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Happy for you :) Hopefully all drivers will install properly etc. Get antivirus on ASAP!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sorry again, I know I should start a thread but I've had/am having similar problems.

I just tried to install windizupdate with firefox and got this message:-

Firefox could not install the file at http://windizupdate.com/files/windizupdate.xpi because install script not found -204.

I presume that the link provided is for xp only? I run Shista.

That will be Vista buggering it up. Windizupdate offer a proper install executable as well, which does the same thing. Direct download link is here: http://windizupdate.com/files/windizupdate_setup.exe

That will be Vista buggering it up. Windizupdate offer a proper install executable as well, which does the same thing. Direct download link is here: http://windizupdate.com/files/windizupdate_setup.exe

Thanks Tez, all done but no problems found. It's really weird, I am connected to the internet but there is a red X through the toolbar icon as if I am not???? When I put my cursor on it, it says "status unknown, access is denied"????:confused:

Thanks Tez' date=' all done but no problems found. It's really weird, I am connected to the internet but there is a red X through the toolbar icon as if I am not???? When I put my cursor on it, it says "status unknown, access is denied"????:confused:[/quote']

Taking this to private message, so as not to hijack the thread.

• Haha 1