Petition to: Regulate the UK's Credit Reference Agencies. | Number10.gov.uk

master woody
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As this thread is 14 pages long it might not make sense if another thread is merged.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Would it not be possible for CAG to email all the subscribers with this if another petition is started? I assume emails are held, and it's not like we get spammed with stuff from CAG so I can't think people would mind one single email?

Or, how about one of the site team mailing Martin Lewis? If you could get that onto the MSE weekly email with their hundreds of thousands of recipients you'd be laughing!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• 4 months later...

I know this might sound somewhat stupid of me but as consumers we agree to the companys we have contracts with that they can report information about us to CRAs as we signed up for that.

But did we give the CRAs permission to hold that information about us?

I'm being thick I know but I don't remember ever giving them permission to hold information about me and surely that falls within the Data Protection Act?

Make sense? No? Good

Thanks

Scrapper Coco :cool:

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

The CRAs are joint data holders with the creditors.

Yes, agree.

But, as such they really should validate the information that they are jointly processing, however, in general it would appear that, they do NOT!?

So sue them :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I am suing 1 DCA and a bank for entering unlawful defaults. To ensure the CRAs cannot escape from their responsibilties, I have sent them copies of the concocted statements. They cannot deny their inaccuracy and default entries must be both lawful and accurate. If I am successful with the bank and DCA, I intend to sue the CRAs. The cases are also with the ICO.

How's it all going Pinky? Your thread seems to have become a general default chat now and it's a bit tricky to follow your specific posts!

I can go ahead with 2 of the cases and I have them almost ready. The other 3 are with the ICO and I am going to wait for their decision but that won't stop me going ahead. With experience of the ICO I have learned that accuracy of the defaults is just as important as the lawfulness so I have sent them all the duff statements I received. Big backlog there - 9 months. Still, hopefully it will be worth waiting for. I don't need credit - I just want to sue their ar%es off!:lol:

Good luck with the ICO Pinky, one point that's often missed when disputing the accuracy of records is that the history of the account BEFORE the default always seems to disappear. I've gone back at Cabots claim that they are simply lodging the default to maintain an accurate record of how the account was operated by pointing out that prior to events which led to Cabot getting their dirty mitts on it the account was run pretty well and thus an accurate 'picture of how the account was run should currently show three and a half years of greens with the odd 'one' marker prior to the default and the omission of the years when the account was well run is a gross failure by cabot to accurately and fairly represent how the account really was operated.

Of course the £366 default amount will shortly be wiped out by nearly £500 of charges I'm claiming back (claiming directly from Cabot as an equity under assignment which appears to have confused Cabot into querying whether they really do own the account or not :D ) so they are doomed to failure on the default thing anyway, just trying to cause them as big a problem as possible along the way.:p

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

glad to see it's still plodding on then, it's just a shame it takes so long.

I didn't realise there was such a massive backlog. I guess my SAR non compliance complaint (from jan) will be a while then:rolleyes:

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

glad to see it's still plodding on then, it's just a shame it takes so long.

I didn't realise there was such a massive backlog. I guess my SAR non compliance complaint (from jan) will be a while then:rolleyes:

Hmmm, well lets just say, if you have been holding your breath, you are in deep trouble :rolleyes::D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• dx100uk changed the title to Petition to: Regulate the UK's Credit Reference Agencies. | Number10.gov.uk