Bunch of winkers

JimmySpangle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am so cross this morning!

Quick background. Nobody will employ me because I am in my late 40's and disabled. I know they cannot discriminate, but hey - I live in the real world and they most certainly do.

So, I decided to set up a small Ltd company with a view to importing items from the far east and selling them via the web. Simple enough. I have no money as such, but £1000 is all I need to get started and I have that sitting in my current account with the same bank.

I set up the Ltd company and then contacted my bank, Alliance & Leicester to open a business bank account for the Ltd company. I cannot trade without it after all!

10 days later and it is DECLINED! I don't want an overdraft. I am not borrowing a penny. Yet they declined it. No reasons given of course, just the 'underwriters' decided.

Feels like 'the computer says no' to me.

Angry? Doesn't even start to describe my feelings this morning. We are in the middle of a fecking recession. Now, had I asked for a loan or overdraft I would understand their concerns, but I didn't.

No managers available and I can appeal within 90 days blah blah.

Anyone know where I can hire a muck spreader?:D NOW I understand why that bloke did that!

I have to disagree with you there. I purely hired a lad (only 19) who was autistic.

I hired him purely for one reason, HE WAS A SUPERCOMPUTER. His social skills were questionable, he had a stutter from hell (as do I) but he was ACE!

Unfortunately, I've since lost my job due to various reasons, but disability certainly isnt a reason NOT to hire someone.

We all excel in our own ways!

Anyway to add to your comment about the business account, contact "Business Link" they can assist you in doing this and you have a 99.99999% chance of opening one up.

Furthermore, you can use your own bank account to open up a company, BUT you must be 100% hon

The tax still works the same, you still have to do your yearly declarations!

Hope this helped

Hugs

Adrian,

Just thought of soemthing to add. DONT let the world get you down! itrs a fecking HUGE step to open up your own company. I say "chin up and up n atem"!

Edited by adridude
another aqddition

Thanks Adrian.

I am not wrong about the descriminatioin thing though. I appreciate there are people who will hire, but the very vast majority will not hire me. Their loss, not mine!

On the banking matter, you cannot use your own bank account to put funds for a Ltd company through. The Ltd company MUST have its own bank account or in theory it could trade entirely in cash.