A & L switching problems

hboshater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a question I applied for A & L account in an effort to save some money in regards to over draft charges i was going encurr by new halifax charging strcture.

Applied on line was excepted for account but not over draft, but their website said they could match over draft with their matching/switching service they just need to see last month statements. Statements taken in to local branch who then faxed them though to wrong number I was later told. Few weeks went by had all details sent to me including new debit card and normal account info and the standing orders/direct debits they were going transfer to account. But no details about over draft so i rang them to be told they are very busy which i understood, the switching team said they still had not recieved statements. Explained about taking to branch they then chased these for me. I explained at time I couldn't switch account with out the over draft being matched, Later that they rang me and sorry we can't match over draft so I say I'll have to close that account then and remain with my current bank. Note date 23rd Nov yesterday recieve we are closing your account letter as to be expected. Today I recieve a letter I quote

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Account No. XXXXXXXXXX

We are please to confirm that we have set your arranged over draft limit of £1500.00 on your account. Which is what i wanted!!!

Then goes on to explain charges for this, note no cost for 12 months therefore saving me money.

I ring them to day and get told you have shut account to which i say only because of what i was told by switching team on 23rd Nov, so I am then transfered to switching team who then explain to me letter is a mistake.

Where do I stand with this do I have a claim for compensation?

Edited by hboshater