Is this loan unenforcible?

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Em, its a joke isnt it....seems like u have to even steer fos on what to look at :(

As for total payable I dont see one but ill check paper copy in a sec

img009.jpg

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well im abit stumped with this one now. The arrears are creeping up and up and are now nearly half the balance as we arent in a position to pay due to neither of us working (not for the want of applying :mad:) I guess my next step is to try and sort out a repayment plan with them.....

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Ive been so tied up with the other one I didnt realise the date had passed to send it back :( in answer to your question previously there doesnt appear to be a total amount payable on the agreement

I thought this after I pressed post then :lol:

Any ideas on steering them in the right direction?

did you ask an ombudsman to look at the case (as stated in the letter?)

Don`t give up just yet M8!!! :???: Appeal this straight to an Ombudsman!!! :mad: This bloke obviously dosen`t understand CCA 1974!!! :eek:

My wife is sat right here, you would not believe the language at the mo! The gist of what she is saying is , don`t give in, get an Ombudsman involved. you are right the Ajudicator is not!!! :evil:

Cheers, MARK xxx

Don`t give up just yet M8!!! :???: Appeal this straight to an Ombudsman!!! :mad: This bloke obviously dosen`t understand CCA 1974!!! :eek:

My wife is sat right here, you would not believe the language at the mo! The gist of what she is saying is , don`t give in, get an Ombudsman involved. you are right the Ajudicator is not!!! :evil:

Cheers, MARK xxx

Thank you Mark and Mrs Arby im sure you are reiterating exactly what I said when I first received the response :lol: I cant believe I didnt sort this before the date was up im juggling so many different things now - Bailiff office having a go at ripping us off over a council tax liability order, Lloyds TSB - I have started a war on charges, Welcome HP and this one as well :eek: Gives me a headache lol Hope you are both well its been so quiet here lately, any news on yours? xx

Thank you Mark and Mrs Arby im sure you are reiterating exactly what I said when I first received the response :lol: I cant believe I didnt sort this before the date was up im juggling so many different things now - Bailiff office having a go at ripping us off over a council tax liability order, Lloyds TSB - I have started a war on charges, Welcome HP and this one as well :eek: Gives me a headache lol Hope you are both well its been so quiet here lately, any news on yours? xx

Lots going on then M8? Seems as soon as making a dispute, somehow everyone gets wind of it and they all come out of the woodwork!!!:evil: We also are fighting on many different fronts, and I do agree it is Very hard keeping track of everything at once!!!:confused:

We have Statute Barred Debts coming at us thick and fast. Some are from over 10 years ago??? There is stuff that is paid and finished, but they still want money, why??? It does seem that the Bottom Feeders get information from somewhere and try to join the Band wagon, in the hope there are some dregs available.

I have a lot of problems with my health as well. But that I can deal with when I need to!!! :wink: It`s Mrs 1Arby I worry about.

I was of the opinion the **** were dropping them selves more and more in the Brown Stuff!!! After reading your letter from FOS I`m not so sure!!!:-?

We are in contact with our Ajudicator, and have recently sent a Statement we recieved from the **** out of the Blue. The interest rate they state on this is about 4 points different from our agreement (is this important to the Ajudicator though?). They move between years on this one piece of paper in no particular order, if you see what I mean? They must have a Time Machine or something!!! LMAO:-D

Carry on M8!!! You are in the right and you know it!!! Don`t let it get on top of you!!! We are ALL here for you and your other half!!!:cool:

Cheers, MARK

Lots going on then M8? Seems as soon as making a dispute, somehow everyone gets wind of it and they all come out of the woodwork!!!:evil: We also are fighting on many different fronts, and I do agree it is Very hard keeping track of everything at once!!!:confused:

The bailiff im fighting as of this wk I have no idea where they get their balance from but them and the council are feeling the blunt end of something heavy from me :rolleyes: Lloyds tsb have finally frozen an account which stands at £810 and 90% of that is charges umm get knotted! The welcome HP ive heard NOTHING since they took the car but N1 is ready to be submitted thursday even though im worried I still dont know enough :-?

We have Statute Barred Debts coming at us thick and fast. Some are from over 10 years ago??? There is stuff that is paid and finished, but they still want money, why??? It does seem that the Bottom Feeders get information from somewhere and try to join the Band wagon, in the hope there are some dregs available.

You would think they would get the hint that statute barred means SIX years not 26 :rolleyes: People must be having a clear out of old paperwork and passing it on to make a couple of pence :lol:

I have a lot of problems with my health as well. But that I can deal with when I need to!!! :wink: It`s Mrs 1Arby I worry about.

Well I hope you stay well we cant be one sc*m fighter down theres not that many of us left LOL Hang in there Mrs 1Arby behind every man is a great woman ;)

I was of the opinion the **** were dropping them selves more and more in the Brown Stuff!!! After reading your letter from FOS I`m not so sure!!!:-?

Yep and this isnt the only agreement that was thought to be unenforceable that in fact appears to be enforceable :( Does make me worry about going to court :confused:

We are in contact with our Ajudicator, and have recently sent a Statement we recieved from the **** out of the Blue. The interest rate they state on this is about 4 points different from our agreement (is this important to the Ajudicator though?). They move between years on this one piece of paper in no particular order, if you see what I mean? They must have a Time Machine or something!!! LMAO:-D

Ahhhh the time travellers bit on the side (they arent nearly nice enough to be classed as a wife lol) :lol:

Carry on M8!!! You are in the right and you know it!!! Don`t let it get on top of you!!! We are ALL here for you and your other half!!!:cool:

Cheers, MARK

Does get you down sometimes though doesnt it, I mean whats the point in the CCA, regulations etc if no one is going to take any notice of it!! To protect the consumer indeed the only thing that protects the consumer is the consumer :mad:

Thanks sol, it doesnt really matter to me how long it takes they cant have what we havent got anyway :)

Shall I point out in this letter about the lack of total amount payable? is this a prescribed term?

Ok im officially confused and have totally missed what im complaining about lol As far as I can see welcome and the fos have looked at everything ive said and responded adequately as the total is in fact the sum of payments. There isnt a total amount payable which there should be but I dont see that theres enough on just that as the fos have already stated if someone borrows money they dont dispute that fact.

What about the FSA or the OFT do these people help consumers? The FOS seems a waste of time where **** is concerned.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Sorry to jump in on this Im glad someone else has mad the point on fos they are just micky mouse they have know real teeth to challange ****,I had ppi clain through fos and the **** have been allowed to delay on this and when you complain to fos they dont care again sorry to jump in I would try the FSA they are the regulator after all.

Thanks bebo and delaney my concern is they have 'answered' the points i put across now and they hadnt when I contacted the fos other than no amount payable I cant see that I have anything else to moan about and whilst I know that is a prescribed term given the fact all other info is there I cant imagine it being ruled in my favour that is it unenforcible no matter what the CCA 1974 states as it seems all the people that should care actually dont!

• 2 weeks later...

sent repayment proposal last wk by recorded nothing as yet accepting or declining did state should it not be adequate i will be passing to cab

received.......I&E form sent requesting evidence such as proof of jsa and bank statements then will be passed to high manager than branch manager for acceptance....

• 3 weeks later...

Received DN today - dated 2nd! usual rubbish!

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on response from welcome as to my payment offer, i filled in and returned the I&E form and heard nothing since....until today! When I receive a final demand from TLG for the full amount (im assuming this means the account is now terminated given that we had a default a while ago) letter dated 4th June, received 9th June and want full payment by 11th June!

Do I now write to TLG explaining was in process of sorting payment plan with welcome so pass it back or write and offer the same payments?

That was my thinking too, they have added enough on before passing it over anyway :mad: