*** CLAIM FORM HELP - PLEASE *** Natwest / RBS / Triton / Irwin Mitchell / Shoosmiths

R B 1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just seen you thread R B . For your info, and Andyorch and citizenB too, I have a similar situation to you now! Case has been stayed for years, I have a thread on here which I will post a link too shortly, and Ascent Legal have restarted along the same lines as yours. maybe we could help each other?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tedney,

Thanks for the post and really interested that you seem to be running in parallel to me, now.

YES.......... definitely..................... please keep your posts updated and I will do the same - I'm sure we'll both benefit from the wise words of the fantastic team on here !

Keep in touch

Kind regards,

Hi Andyorch,

Thanks for your post.

Great advise, I reckon.

I'll just keep my head down unless I hear anymore - I will just bear in mind IF it does 'kick off' that a reminder that Irwin Mitchell have already been CPR'ed with no response and send them the same.

Kind regards,

Keep in touch

Hello Again R B :-)

Here are the last two paras of the letter (verbatim) from Ascent: "Accordingly, the bank believes the Court will conclude that your Defence and Counterclaim has no reasonable prospect of success. We therefore invite you to write to the Court advising that you withdraw your Defence and Counterclaim.

If you do not agree to strike out your Defence and that Judgment be granted in the Bank's favour. We reserve the right to request that you meet the Bank's costs of any application on the basis that your refusal to withdraw your Defence and Counterclaim is unreasonable."

It would be interesting to know if yours was the same? I have also updated one of my threads, are you subscribed?

Regards

t

Edited by tedney
typo

The Defendant PT20 Claimant does not strike out their defence they withdraw.The Claimant strikes it out...if being pedantic :wink:

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Brilliant !

Thanks Andy - we don't mind pedantic................pedantic is good :lol:

So.............. sit tight......................... and see what happens next seems to be the general thought ?

Kind regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all and thanks for advise, to date.

Letter received today from my local court on a "General Form of Judgement or Order" - form N42.

(Quote)

Before District Judge ********** sitting at *********** County Court

Upon reading the letter from the Defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The Defendant file a copy of her defence by **pm ** August 2013

2. Claim remains stayed until either party applies to lift stay.

Dated ** ******* 2013

Can anyone offer me any guidance / ideas ?

Many thanks,

RB, what do you need guidance / ideas on.. your defence ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all and thanks for advise, to date.

Letter received today from my local court on a "General Form of Judgement or Order" - form N42.

(Quote)

Before District Judge ********** sitting at *********** County Court

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Dated ** ******* 2013

Can anyone offer me any guidance / ideas ?

Many thanks,

Hello again R B

did you send the court a letter? If not, I suggest you telephone the local court and ask what prompted this order. Is it "official" stamped by the court? Also, no time mentioned to lift stay, was this indicated before? Hopefully Andyorch may be along soon to help you further. You could respectfully refer the court to your already entered defence, but, as the "unfair" reasons have now been compromised, maybe the judge is just waiting for you to confirm that, so that he can rule against you? Just my thoughts. Regards tedney

I will leave a message for andy, but he is not online at the moment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

Thanks for your kind reply.

Well................ I'm just trying to establish what has triggered this letter and why, considering the case has been stayed for over 3 years, the judge has requested this information ?

I did issue a defence, 3 years ago, so surprised the judge doesn't already have this ?

I guess I just need some 'thoughts' on what this all means and what is happening and likely to happen ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Tedney............ that was my first thought but.......... YES............ its a genuine N42 court form listing the judge and his request, to me, for further information.

Cheers

General Form of Judgement or Order" - form N42.

(Quote)

Before District Judge ********** sitting at *********** county courticon

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Dated ** ******* 2013

I obviously submitted my defence when they originally brought the case before Northampton CC, 3 years ago, so puzzled why this is being asked for again ?

By the way when the claim was originally brought I issued a CPR request to Irwin Mitchell BUT THEY NEVER HAVE REPLIED !

Is the Judge looking to make a judgement in a stayed case ?

PLEASE - can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

Hi Tedney............ that was my first thought but.......... YES............ its a genuine N42 court form listing the judge and his request, to me, for further information.

Cheers

Hello R B

I am not an expert, but on looking up forms in my case (s !) my local court used form N24 not N42 as you state. I cannot find mention of N42 in your context online. I know I have mentioned if it is genuine before, but does your form have the court stamp on it? Only this will authenticate form. I would not have thought that judges cannot "un stay" a case by themsleves.

Perhaps phone the court on Monday and ask if the claimant has made an application to lift the stay.

Usually the order would state that the court/judge has made the decision without referring to the parties to the claim and that there is 7 days to object.

BCOBS

Perhaps phone the court on Monday and ask if the claimant has made an application to lift the stay.

Usually the order would state that the court/judge has made the decision without referring to the parties to the claim and that there is 7 days to object.

Yes, I agree with citizenB, certainly that is exactly what has happened in my limited experience. t

Thanks everyone.

I will telephone the court tomorrow and update, on here, tomorrow evening.

Interesting - is a Judge able to act if neither party has asked for the stay to be lifted then ?

Should I make reference to the fact that my CPR request was made and never responded too, by the claimant ?

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone.

I will telephone the court tomorrow and update, on here, tomorrow evening.

Interesting - is a Judge able to act if neither party has asked for the stay to be lifted then ? Yes CPR 3 by its own initiative

Should I make reference to the fact that my CPR request was made and never responded too, by the claimant ? No they are not compelled to

Thanks again.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Just refreshed myself with what has happened here R B....the N24 quite cleary states that the claim will remain stayed until either party makes application...therefore CPR3 is not in play and I would refer you back to my previous post.

The N24 directive to submit your defence is IMHO to purely lock the claim so the claimant cant request judgment (but you have already submitted an initial defence have you not?)

Thanks Andy.

You're quite right - I'm rather muddled ?

3 years ago Irwin brought the claim, I submitted defence and it was subsequently stayed as they never responded to the court ?

Why does the Judge want a copy of my defence - why doesn't he already have it ?

Now Ascent (part of I.M.) are having a go all that has really happened it its been transferred out of Northanmpton to my local Court (to scare me perhaps ?) ?

In the 3 years since stay Natwest have set a further (approx) half a dozen DCA's onto us BUT each time I've written back, told them already stayed with different DCA and they've all dropped like a hot brick !

The whole thing stinks ! Worse is it was a joint account and they've targetted my wife and not me, throughout ? Is this right ?

Your comment about locking the claim - can you kindly explain a little more to me ? Interesting ?

Thanks andy - you're very kind.