phone call from hbos regarding ppi **WON Holiday Postcard on the way**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi again jan , im sorry to be a pest but could you condense the letter for me ,

i dont know what to leave out and i dont want to send the wrong letter . Am i right in saying that the ppi was sold to me was no good because i was self-employed and that the bank officer told me that if i didnt take the ppi then it could affect my chances of getting the loan . thanks jan :confused:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont know what to leave out and i dont want to send the wrong letter . Am i right in saying that the ppi was sold to me was no good because i was self-employed and that the bank officer told me that if i didnt take the ppi then it could affect my chances of getting the loan . thanks jan :confused:

Hello Royal Scot.

You have had a lot of advice on PPI claiming and pointers to threads. Perhaps you could not look at the stickies at the top of the PPI forum and research so you can find the answers.

I should advise you to research your own case then make a case for reclaiming PPI. There is enough information on the CAG site for you to proceed to a successful outcome..

Good Luck and remember this is a self help site the information is here you just have to search, find and use to your own particular casee.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello Royal Scot.

You have had a lot of advice on PPI claiming and pointers to threads. Perhaps you could not look at the stickies at the top of the PPI forum and research so you can find the answers.

I should advise you to research your own case then make a case for reclaiming PPI. There is enough information on the CAG site for you to proceed to a successful outcome..

Good Luck and remember this is a self help site the information is here you just have to search, find and use to your own particular casee.

aa

Point taken aa , i will not let this go it will take a while but as i said ...its my money ;)

If the bank officer said that, then put it in. I'd just send the whole letter.

Hello Royal Scot.

aa Despite having trolled through the site i cannot find answers to my questions so i appologise for asking for more advice on my thread ...... im trying to find out if i can add contractual interest to my claim along with statutory interest and how it is calculated ...my loan was for £8630 , ppi £3295.96...total loan amount £11925.96 apr 11.9% £4048.44 ...total amount payable £15974.40 loan taken out in 2002 .... would like any help on this subject , when it comes to reading and writing im not very confident ...if i you ask me to build a wall or a house then no problem ...i guess some people are better than others at certain things....regards rs

Hiya

Just send the letter as is because you were self-employed. Don't put figures in. See what the bank offer you and then post it up. The premiums you paid every month already included contractual interest. And yes, you ask for 8% on top, but it says that in your letter.

You just need to cut & paste the letter into Word or similar, read it through and make sure it all applies to you (probably does) date it, address it etc and send it off recorded delivery.

Then when you get a response, post again. They should be offering you all premiums paid (which include contractual interest) and then 8% on top.

So, don't worry about the figures yet, let the bank work them out for you.

Good luck

Jan

• 1 month later...

Acknlowledgement of letter , also a note saying....Unfortunately they are unable to locate one of my loans ..........:(

Fortunatley i have a copy of said loan.........:)

7.2wks and counting .......:rolleyes:

Edited by royalscot

Asked HBOS for a copy of they`re terms and conditions relating to my loans and was told that they are under no obligation to send them to me under the dsar rules ? :(......is this the case ??

send the hbos a FORMAL LETTER OF COMPLAINT re guarding the mis-sold ppi

on your loan, quote the loan no , you will find this on your statements, sorry i do not know what you mean by the dsar rules? send them a letter explaining your concrens with reguard to the mis-sold ppi. also demand a final responce

from them so that you can then get the fos involved. ;) this is the address

i used in a recent complaint and have always recived a responce

HALIFAX

PO BOX 761

LEEDS

WEST YORKSHIRE

LS1 9JF

ps dont forget to send your letter recorded signed for .

RE : My previous post ...The letter of complaint has already been sent . C an anyone give me advice with regards to post #35 , ive had over a hundred and fifty views and no advice ....Can anyone help please :confused:

Asked HBOS for a copy of they`re terms and conditions relating to my loans and was told that they are under no obligation to send them to me under the dsar rules ? :(......is this the case ??

although they should include everything in a sar, I would cca them to get the agreement, the original terms and conditions and any variation in the terms

Well got my answer to my post through the door , saying.....I am sorry to advise you that further to your request for the terms and conditions for your scotloans ...... The lending services of The Bank of Scotland DO NOT HOLD THIS INFORMATION !! :( 6 weeks and counting .

• 1 month later...

I was assured by HBOS that no later than the 9th april 2010 ( the 3mths deadline ) i would recieve theyre response to my complaint .

If this doesnt arrive can you please advise my next move

regards

rs

Cannot believe , that no one can help me .

If it is because that i havent contributed yet ...then fair enough but bloody hell ....let me WIN something first ...

I was helped through the first stage of this crusade then i seem to be abandoned through the second stage .....is this how it works ??

the feeling about CAG is Dejected ....:(

as your complaint is about the miss selling of a PPI policy, the terms and conditions of the loan are not really important at this point.

A full response to a sar however should include a copy of the loan agreement together with the terms and conditions as these should be contained in one document.

The PPI should have it's own terms and conditions as it is completely separate from the loan. This should explain the terms of the insurance and any exclusions that may apply, i.e pre existing medical conditions, etc.

Hope this helps :)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Further development , received a letter from HBOS today applogising for the delay ( 3 months ) .

Apparently they cannot give me a final response because they are still gaining all the information necessary so as to investigate my concerns !!

In compliance with legislation they advise me that i can complain to the FSA if i remain unhappy with the service i have received .

any thoughts please ?

Further development , received a letter from HBOS today applogising for the delay ( 3 months ) .

Apparently they cannot give me a final response because they are still gaining all the information necessary so as to investigate my concerns !!

In compliance with legislation they advise me that i can complain to the FSA if i remain unhappy with the service i have received .

any thoughts please ?

why not take them up on their offer complain to the fsa, maybe they will get hbos to move a lot faster. good luck

Right lets not pussy foot with this bank

Send them am LBA letter giving them a further 7 days to supply what was asked for.

And if they cannot supply the docs request that they send you a deadlock letter so the matter can be taken up with the FOS, ICO and/or the courts.

They have had more than enough time so its time to get tough with them.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.