phone call from hbos regarding ppi **WON Holiday Postcard on the way**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pompeyfaith , thanks for your reply .

I telephoned the guy who wrote to me from HBOS today and he assured me again that my complaint will be answered by the middle of next week .

If by the 23rd april i havent heard back from him then i will contact the FSA , by then it will have been 15 weeks from my initial letter to them .

Thank you again for your interest

rs

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok great at least you have it under control :)

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi guys delighted to say my complaint was upheld and sent to the Redress team for confirmation :)

Payment should follow within 2-3 weeks :)

8% interest was mentioned so how does that work ....is it 8% of the total ppi ...god ma heads in a spin ;)

Wait till the missus comes home lol

Donation to cag asap

Thanks for your help ;)

Great news, Now the 8% statutory interest should be calculated on every PPI payment you made, this is also the FOS guidance.

But you will most probably find that the Bank will add the 8% to the total refund due.

It will probably not be that much difference though as it is simple interest and not contractual.

Well Done a good result.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Great news, Now the 8% statutory interest should be calculated on every PPI payment you made, this is also the FOS guidance.

But you will most probably find that the Bank will add the 8% to the total refund due.

It will probably not be that much difference though as it is simple interest and not contractual.

Well Done a good result.

Regards

PF

I telephoned both the FOS and the FSA and spoke to steven and jeremy respectively , steven told me that the fos has no guidelines on statutory interest with regards to PPI .....

Jeremy basically told me the same and advised me to telephone the bank concerned and they would tell me the rate of interest and the method of calculation :confused: .

If thats the case then i take it the banks decide on what they want to pay you and thats basically it !!..:mad:

rs

• 3 weeks later...

Update 19th may 2010 .

Seriously pi$$ed off :mad:

Phoned contact number in HBOS to tell them that the 28 days they said it would take the " Redress Team " to calculate my upheld loans was over .

Was informed that the redress team had nothing to redress as no information was ever sent to them 28days ago and that it would take at least another two to three weeks to get the said information and then a week to process it ( redress it ) . :mad:

I then telephoned the guy who upheld my loans .....after a rather long wait he said that he sent all the information apart from a little thing ?

Is it just me or do ya think that if the tables were turned and HBOS were asking/demanding payment on account that i would be charged late payment fees and charges for not co operating.......

I dont think i could put into words the sheer frustration i feel and hatred of so called faceless bast£$*s amongst our banking institutes who continually on a daily basis treat banking customers like Feckin idiots

rs

What was the little thing ? how unprofessional is that.

talk about bias to the banks.

PF

What was the little thing ? how unprofessional is that.

talk about bias to the banks.

PF

Something to do with a spreadsheet .....:confused:

I`d really like to meet one of these Faceless barstewards one of these days ....:wink:

rs

scan up the agreement pse

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Scanner caput just as my patience is with HBOS .

Basically its a Scotloan from sept 2002

Main Loan.... £8630.00

ppi.............. 3295.96

total loan..... 11925.96

int ?? 4048.44

tot chg for cr 4048.44

loan ....... 11925.96

tot chg for cr 4048.44

total payable 15974.40

This loan has been upheld by the powers to be and sent to the redress team for payment who have told me that they are awaiting for archive documents to calculate my payments .:rolleyes:

I was told that 8% statutory int was being added and will be added right up to the day my complaint is " redressed " as way of compensation for the delay

Will update along the way but dont expect payment for at least another month .

regards rs

to work out your PPI properly if i get 5mins to fart.

can you take a digital picture?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

mobile phone.mates one

you must be able to take a picture with something?

dx

and they

UPDATE .......Woohoo :D :D :D :D :D:D

( firstly , glad im back into cag having locked myself oot last nite )

SECONDLY ....I got £2200 from HBOS yesterday and the feelings fine , donation already made to the lovely CAG .

Waiting some other info and will post up my entire journey asap .

Thanks everyone on CAG for your valued support throughout .

kind regards

rs ;)

PS .. i never realised how many guests look at this site until i saw it last nite ...jesussss....:rolleyes:

Well done RS a nice result for you :D

Let me know if you want a **WON** added to your thread title.

It takes a while but the money is back in your pocket ;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Remember to stick your success in here::

PPI Successes

aa :D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Update .... Just recieved my final settlement from HBOS

A nice cheque for £3500 ..this was for the last of three loans that i complained about and that were upheld and paid in full :D

Will post full details soon to help fellow caggers , in the meantime if i can help please feel free to pm me .

I know its my own money that i have won back but its still a nice feeling of accomplishment , thanks again to cag ;)

regards

rs

Royalscot,

Well Done persistence does pay enjoy the holiday you have earned it.

PF

Well done mate.

I believe Rangers FC are looking for investors.

Not for me .... im saving mine in a BANK :confused: lol

But not ....HBOS .....never will cross their threshold in a hurry :razz:

Hope to see you Saturday or Sunday ;)

regards

rs

Royalscot,

Well Done persistence does pay enjoy the holiday you have earned it.

PF

It certainly does PF

I remember when it first started , i kept saying to myself " oh well at least i can say i tried " :rolleyes:

Now im on the moon , hope everyone gets a result at the end of their journey and for anyone reading this ....DO IT NOW ;)

Thanks again PF

regards

rs