Highview Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you had a fine from them?

So do you think I should not even bother sending my bank statement?

Thanks

This is not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice. You are taking these people too seriously. They are not the police or the council, but private citizens with no more right than you or me to demand money off people. And don't send them your bank statement, it's nothing to do with them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi number 23, ( I'm certain dopey witch doesn't apply! )A few assumtpions here: that your returned to the car and the ticket was in a yellow envelope stuck to the window:you were concerned and e-mailed rather than phoned ( thus enabling you to withhold your number). Also the company who manage the car park maybe GEMINI PARKING SOLUTIONS : you would need to check the ticket to confirm this. If it isn't then Google the name and see what pops up. If it is this company then there are many threads on most of the consumer forums all saying the same : these are a money making organisation who would issue a ticket to a mars bar if it stood still for too long. First thing I would suggest is putting them on your blocked e-mail list or change your email. Next as they don't have your address at present they will apply to the DVLA for the registered keepers details and send the Penalty notice to that person. Keep the letter but do not respond and they will continue to 'increase' the threats. Be brave and eventually they will give up. My case took 7 letters; 3 from the parking company ( messy black and white efforts with overtyping ); 3 from Debt Recovery Plus ( red headed notepaper ); and 1 from Parking Collection Services ( Green ) and 7 months to come to an end. I almost made a big mistake and considered paying up but my boss suggested I look up Money Saving Experts and the Consumer Action Group sites just to see if anyone had had dealing with the group and BINGO : almost too much info but it made me realise I would be silly to be bothered by their threats. Life's too short to be bothered by idiot companies like these!

I received a parking ticket issued by the Car Parking Partnership. I noticed that the adhesive envelope in which the ticket was attached to my windscreen featured a printed warning that it was an offence for anyone other than the driver of the vehicle to remove the ticket.

I suspect this is correct, but just wonder what kind of offence it would be and under what legislation? I can understand that removing a proper PCN issued by a Local Authority or by the Police could well be an offence, but a ticket (aka invoice) issued by a private company....?

Can anyone advise? Sneakily hoping that it's not an offence at all and they're not supposed to say this.....!

Considering its litter to begin with, I don't know of any legislation which covers theft of litter. Maybe others know different? Them using this language, however erroneous, doesn't really put them in much trouble though, that I'm aware of. Its just another pathetic attempt to make their tickets look official.

Hmmm...

Not sure about that. I do recall a bizarre case many years ago when someone was prosecuted for stealing from someone else's dustbin, but then again that's probably classed as the property of the householder until such time as it's collected by the local council refuse collectors (and it's probably not "litter" in the true sense of the word!)...:!:

I actually raised this point with both the BPA and Town and City Parking who also use this stupid envelope.. The word for word answer from both of them ( you can see that the PPPC is pulling the BPA's strings) was that this would be classed as theft and also applies to such things as advertising flyers.

I then emailed them asking if anyone had actually been prosecuted for this heinous “crime” and what happens if the RK or a passenger (instead of the driver) touches the ticket. Answer came there none. Of course “theft” is defined as “permanently depriving someone of their property”. So, if the driver has not returned to their car who is the actual “owner” of the ticket? - the driver or the PPC? And what happens if a third party takes the ticket and posts it back to the PPC? That couldn’t be classified as theft because the PPC still has the ticket in their possession.

Of course all this is stuff and nonsense. Could you actually see the police taking this seriously?As has been pointed out above, this is just a cynical exercise on the PPCs part to try and fool motorists into thinking that this is some sort of official document.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I have also just received a Charge Notice letter from Highview Parking for staying 47 minutes over my 2hrs free parking after watching a 2hr plus film. I was unaware there was a time limit and seeing as there are only 2 shops which use this car park and both were shut ( the car park was virtually empty ) its seems rather strange. One difference with my letter from those I

Sorry my reply seems to have posted without me finishing it here it continues:

One difference with my letter from those I have read is that my letter includes 2 photos of me and the wife driving into the car park at 16.02 and then another leaving at 18.49. The first photo is clearer than the second but still blurry. The second is the back of my car in the dark. My question is - Does this give the company anymore "clout" with regards to making me pay the £75 - reduced to £50 for quick payment!

Thanks Michael for your reply. I presumed that this may be the case, I just thought maybe our "mugshots", fuzzy as they are, would give them extra evidence, even though I don't dispute it was me driving. It's more a case a)I didnt know there was a time limit b) the shops were shut when we returned and the car park virtually empty and c) there was no signage at the entrance to the car park to say it was a time controlled free car park.

Thanks Michael for your reply. I presumed that this may be the case, I just thought maybe our "mugshots", fuzzy as they are, would give them extra evidence, even though I don't dispute it was me driving. It's more a case a)I didnt know there was a time limit b) the shops were shut when we returned and the car park virtually empty and c) there was no signage at the entrance to the car park to say it was a time controlled free car park.

I would have thought it more a case of the £75, or whatever they are claiming is not a true reflection of their loss, so is an unforceable penalty. But that's just me!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

After having read the previous posts....I was looking for updates. I have just received a parking fine through the post for parking over a time at a supermarket car park (which I have to admit I didn't use the supermarket). I think I may have made a mistake by appealing, I am now awaiting a response! Has anyone ignored Highview and they have gone away??

Thanx

Hi,

After having read the previous posts....I was looking for updates. I have just received a parking fine through the post for parking over a time at a supermarket car park (which I have to admit I didn't use the supermarket). I think I may have made a mistake by appealing, I am now awaiting a response! Has anyone ignored Highview and they have gone away??

Thanx

I think we can safely assume that nothing happened and the parking company just gave up. By the way, it's not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice,

Hi,

Thanx

Everyone ignores Highview. They never do Court and they don't issue 'parking fines' only fake ones!

No need to await your response, you know what it will say surely? :razz:

Just compare each letter you get to the letter chain thread link in the sticky thread, currently second from the top of the yellow info threads at the top of this parking forum. PLay snap with said letters. Tell your friends about it and make sure they never pay a Private ParkingCharge notice either. Spread the word!

i recived a letter from highview parking say i stayed longer than the time limit at satdium retail in wembley. i nt sure what to do weather to pay it or ignore it??

iv been to citizens advice but they didnt seem to helpful they said to go see if they have anything up to say there is a time limit as i said i dont remember seeing it. having been bk i can see that there are actully some signs but i didnt see these as it was dark and all the shops were shut expect mcdonalds.

just wondered if you could help me???

Needless to say they have declined my appeal!! I've called citizens advice, they say the only way I can be forced to pay is if they take me to court and if they win, I pay the costs. They advised me to go and look at the sign to see if I breached the terms of parking... But that's too far away!! I don't know what to do....don't know if the stress is worth £45!