Help Please!!!!!

giveitbacktome!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, trying to get SAR off for my partner.....i cant pay by cheque as I haven't got a cheque book (not has my partner). So i went into my local Barclays branch with the SAR letter, and the advisor passed me the phone (as she had rang the credit cards dept) and the person I spoke to said the following:

"As the information you require is not held on a relevant filing system, this does not fall under the data protection act 1998"

They said for the £10 i can have the info up until around November 2004 - anything before this requires £3 per statement which equates to £60. He said that this had been put onto their system within the last week or so.

Is this correct??????? As far as I was aware the max charge is £10?

What do i do next

tHanks

Hi, trying to get S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off for my partner.....i cant pay by cheque as I haven't got a cheque book (not has my partner). So i went into my local Barclays branch with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter, and the advisor passed me the phone (as she had rang the credit cards dept) and the person I spoke to said the following:

"As the information you require is not held on a relevant filing system, this does not fall under the data protection act 1998"

They said for the £10 i can have the info up until around November 2004 - anything before this requires £3 per statement which equates to £60. He said that this had been put onto their system within the last week or so.

Is this correct??????? As far as I was aware the max charge is £10?

What do i do next

tHanks

Hello :) ,

that is the infamous microfiche arguement...!

It is Barclaycard's typical response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

You'll have to do some reading on this site and then decide what you want to do. You can use the search option at the top of the page and do a search for "microfiche" in this forum, that will give you all threads where it is mentioned.

I hope that helps you a bit.

It's a lot to take in, so take your time and read as much as you can ;)

Good luck!:)

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D