Incorrect Linked Address on Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a joint account with my ex-wife, which, for some reason, we never changed into single names after we were divorced. She never uses the account, but it is still linked to her old address. After we divorced, about 6 years ago, I moved to a new house and transferred my bank details there. However, I was working away most of the time, so set up a correspondance address at my rented flat. I moved home about 18 months ago and, as letters were still being sent to my correspondance address, I never thought to change my home address with the bank. I stopped receiving letters from the bank, but never thought anything more of it until earlier this year, when I checked my credit file and discovered that the address on my account had been linked to my ex-wife's old address.

I contacted the bank and had the address changed to my new home, but I am annoyed that they changed the address without my permission and registered my accounts with the CRAs at that address. More importantly, they also re-linked my account six months later by doing another search on both addresses.

Can anyone suggest the best way to have this resolved? I've tried the CRAs, but they're not interested in helping, so I have been trying to contact someone in Lloyds TSB, but keep getting passed around to no-one who can help! Any advice on which department I should contact would be much appreciated...

so you have never lived at the linked address?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

No, I did live there previously, but alomst 7 years ago and have had no financial association with the address since then. The link only exists because the bank changed addresses without my authority.

I'd be inclined to pursue it with the bank but at a higher level than branch, make a formal complaint ( via recorded delivery) to them and if you're knocked back then escalate the complaint, it should eventually hit someones desk that can action an update to the CRA'S which is what it will take for the link to cease to exist. The fact you have lived there will be the reason it's on there which is why it's there, the specifics of how it's still linked and by whom and why it shouldn't be there can all be done via the complaints procedure.

The cra's as you've already realised are bloomin useless when it comes to ensuring the data they hold is both correct and processed correctly.

Start here and if it was me I'd start with a formal letter to the Brindley Place address in Birmingham, Branch operatives are for the most part clueless and tootheless.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/contact_us/complaints_procedure.asp

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.