• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fight the great Climate Change scam

PPC $ cambuster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just seen this on another website and I think the more who rebut this [problem] the better !!

The British Museum seems to have jumped on the "climate change bandwagon

The British Museum is holding a poll about climate change called "Prove It". They are asking people to be counted in or counted out to the proposition:

Quote:

"I've seen the evidence. And I want the government to prove they're serious about climate change by negotiating a strong, effective, fair deal at Copenhagen."

The poll has been going for about two days and there is a running total on the website of the result. I don't think it is going as intended since the current score at 17.10 BST on 24 October is 423 counted in against 2545 counted out. The poll has been fairly steady all day at between 5:1 and 6:1 counted out to counted in. This cannot be the desired result! The website does ask viewers to spread the word so here is the website address: Science Museum - Home - PROVE IT! http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X487496&...%2Fproveit.aspx

What on earth the Science Museum is doing involving itself in this tawdry PR stunt, goodness only knows. How they try and dig themselves out of their hole when they achieve the unintended result is going to be delicious to see.

I suggest we all take part in the poll and count ourselves out of this hysteria before we are taxed off the roads and out of our cars !!

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you think that it is a [problem]? Do you think it inconceivable that human activity can change the climate of the earth? For myself I have no idea if climate change is following a natural cycle. If scientists cannot agree then I have no idea how the rest of us are supposed to form a conclusion. I am interested to know what convinces you that it is all hysteria apart from having to pay more tax.

this world runs in cycles, hence we have had ice ages and warm spells, yes human intervention will tip it slightly but all this mass hysteria about global warming is just that hysteria whipped up by governments and media.

Yes the climate appears to be warming up.

In order to objectively show that this is due to human industrial emissions or an increase in solar output, one could compare and contrast recent ground level temperature increases on Earth to that of the closest broadly comparable planet with an atmosphere and weather systems-

Mars is also warming up. Its polar ice caps are shrinking and there is evidence of liquid water where none existed before.

It has a thin atmosphere of CO2 and oxygen and daytime summer temperature in the equatorial regions of up to +10 degrees C.

Until recently (1980s) its maximum temperature was 0 degrees C.

There is no known industry or active volcanos on Mars. The only source of energy that Mars has, is the one its shares with the Earth- the Sun.

When solar output increases, Mars warms up.

Mars is warming up and so is the Earth.

(They keep that corrolation quiet, dont they?)

We cant alter a climate which is driven by the Sun, but what we can do is adapt to it.

Which is what we should be doing.

Changing to energy saving light bulbs will not reverse climate change, though your electric bills will be lower if you do.

Paying more in tax will not reverse climate change either, it will however reduce the monetary resources available to enable people to physically adapt to climate change.

Edited by noomill060

Ahh at last, the voice of reason, very intrigued to hear that Mars is warming up too, where can I read up on this please?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 3 weeks later...

now what causes co2

we do

forget cars etc

we exhale it

now to get rid of that co2, plants take in co2 and give out oxygen

this global warming is caused by areas of the rain forrest being cut down ,

fewer plants

more c02

less oxygen

simples

why is this not being addressed

Yes the climate appears to be warming up.

I'm interested to know if this is your personal experience or from media reports?

Here is a graph from the Met Office Hadley Centre showing global average temperatures from 1998 to 2009:

global_image.php?SelectSeries=HADLEY&SelectTwo=None&SelectThree=None&SelectRes=Annual&StartYear=1998&EndYear=2009&SelectDiv=NO

This clearly shows a general cooling trend until this year with 1998 being considerably warmer than todays temperature.

In order to objectively show that this is due to human industrial emissions or an increase in solar output, one could compare and contrast recent ground level temperature increases on Earth to that of the closest broadly comparable planet with an atmosphere and weather systems-

Mars is also warming up. Its polar ice caps are shrinking and there is evidence of liquid water where none existed before.

It has a thin atmosphere of CO2 and oxygen and daytime summer temperature in the equatorial regions of up to +10 degrees C.

Until recently (1980s) its maximum temperature was 0 degrees C.

There is no known industry or active volcanos on Mars. The only source of energy that Mars has, is the one its shares with the Earth- the Sun.

When solar output increases, Mars warms up.

Mars is warming up and so is the Earth.

(They keep that corrolation quiet, dont they?)

We cant alter a climate which is driven by the Sun, but what we can do is adapt to it.

Which is what we should be doing.

I think you draw a very good analogy here and state the obvious, however I don't believe that the Sun is the only source of energy - what about cosmic radiation from our galaxy from stars exploding. Scientist & astronomers acknowledge that these events eject colossal amounts of radiation energy, so much so that they knock out satellites from time to time (in addition to mass ejections from our Sun). If one exploded too close to earth it would conceivably wipe out all life (except cockroaches of course - lol)

Such an event could explain the sudden increase in temperature we see today (see graph above) seeing as the Sun is currently unusually quiet in terms of expected solar activity.

Changing to energy saving light bulbs will not reverse climate change, though your electric bills will be lower if you do.

And of course you can pollute the environment with the mercury they contain when you dispose of them - lol

Paying more in tax will not reverse climate change either, it will however reduce the monetary resources available to enable people to physically adapt to climate change.

Absolutely agree - shameful

Now, the current indoctrination by governments is that CO2 is the cause of global rising temperatures and that the increase is due to human activity, therefore they have a reason to 'control' CO2 emissions and tax us all for the privilege! :shock:

Well, I for one want to know if it is true that CO2 is the cause of global temperature rise and that the increase of CO2 we see today in the atmosphere is in fact due to human activity - if it is to affect the money in my pocket!? :?

So, I've been doing a little research on the subject and have become VERY sceptical indeed as to if this is being driven by nothing more than money and power and based on no credible scientific evidence at all!

First a few facts on 'greenhouse gasses': Greenhouse gasses are NOT bad for the planet for without them the Earth would be frozen solid. Water-vapour is also a greenhouse gas which makes up 95% of the atmosphere - leaving just 5% for the others including CO2! Methane is the most active in terms of greenhouse effect, followed by CO2, but with water-vapour being so dominant, this would still have the greatest effect!

"The theory of global warming assumes CO2 is an atmospheric gas and as it increases, the temperature also rises. It then theorised that since humans were producing more CO2 than ever before, the temperature would rise inevitably." :? (no conclusive proof, just assumption & theory!)

It is science fact that oceans contribute by-far the most CO2 into the atmosphere, some 115 gigatons per year, whilst human activity today produces approximately 30 gigatons.

And we now know that the increases in CO2 in the atmosphere is in fact a consequence of the planet warming, not the cause and increased measured levels in CO2 lag that of temperature rise. - Temperature measurements over the last decade have shown a general cooling yet CO2 levels continue to rise as would be expected with the 'lag' effect.

I can't help but think that the Copenhagen 2009 Treaty or 'carbon trading', is nothing more than a [problem] to make money, legitimising the ability to emit as much CO2 as one wishes as long as you pay for it - it does nothing to actually reduce emission or kerb real pollution (chemicals).

Here is a little article I found that explains simply how it works:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/12007/Economic-collapse-pays-big-dividend.5850370.jp

These nations can make millions selling carbon credits, while enjoying a comfortable cushion to pump the gas into the atmosphere without worrying about energy efficiency or cleaning up their factories.
We now have "Climategate" - the e-mails stolen from East Anglia’s CRU suggesting that the climate data was manipulated in favour of our politicians (I wonder how many of you have even heard or are even aware of it? :shock: - it's worth googling if you don't know.

Climategate, is a BIG news story, possibly exposing the biggest fraud ever! - yet the BBC (British Brainwashing Corporation) have so far ignored the story.

But the Telegraph have with headlines:

"Climategate e-mails sweep America, may scuttle Barack Obama's Cap and Trade laws"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geraldwarner/100018034/climategate-%20%20e-mails-sweep-america-may-scuttle-barack-obamas-cap-and-trade-laws/

"BBC's paleo-news site finally runs a real scoop story on Climategate's Michael Mann"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geraldwarner/100018066/bbcs-paleo-news-site-finally-runs-a-real-scoop-story-on-climategates-michael-mann/

"Climategate: five Aussie MPs lead the way by resigning in disgust over carbon tax"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100018003/climategate-five-aussie-mps-lead-the-way-by-resigning-in-disgust-over-carbon-tax/

Yet immediately after "Climategate" was exposed we get this from our Government:

"Climate science statement from the Met Office, NERC and the Royal Society" (dated 24/11/2009)

http://www.nerc.ac.uk/press/releases/2009/29-climate.asp

The UK is at the forefront of tackling dangerous climate change, underpinned by world class scientific expertise and advice. Crucial decisions will be taken soon in Copenhagen about limiting and reducing the impacts of climate change now and in the future. Climate scientists from the UK and across the world are in overwhelming agreement about the evidence of climate change, driven by the human input of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

As three of the UK's leading scientific organisations involving most of the UK scientists working on climate change, we cannot emphasise enough the body of scientific evidence that underpins the call for action now, and we reinforce our commitment to ensuring that world leaders continue to have access to the best possible science. We believe this will be essential to inform sound decision-making on policies to mitigate and adapt to climate change up to Copenhagen and beyond.

And yet on the same day we have this announcement from America:

"Senate Committee Launches "Climategate" Investigation"

http://washingtonindependent.com/68878/inhofe-launches-climategate-investigation

Sen. James M. Inhofe a Senior Member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, has sent letters to several scientists, some of whom allegedly manipulated data to prove the scientific "consensus" of global warming, as well as to the inspectors general of several federal agencies, notifying them to retain documents related to the release of emails from the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit.

"The stakes in this controversy are significant, as it appears that the basis of federal programs, pending EPA rulemakings, and cap-and-trade legislation was contrived and fabricated," Sen. Inhofe said. "Moreover, it appears that, in an attempt to conceal the manipulation of climate data, information disclosure laws may have been violated.

"I certainly don't condone the manner in which these emails were released; however, now that they are in the public domain, lawmakers have an obligation to determine the extent to which the so-called ‘consensus' of global warming, formed with billions of taxpayer dollars, was contrived in the biased minds of the world's leading climate scientists."

Kinda contradicts what the Met Office just said - lol

To demonstrate the reporting confusion and inconstancy from the BBC they report on 24/11/09:

"This year will be one of the top five warmest years globally since records began 150 years ago, according to figures compiled by the Met Office."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8377128.stm

Yet less than two months ago 09/10/09 the BBC reported:

"What happened to global warming?"

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8299079.stm

Furthermore, today it's announced that

"SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based":eek:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece

The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.
The CRU is the world’s leading centre for reconstructing past climate and temperatures. Climate change sceptics have long been keen to examine exactly how its data were compiled. That is now impossible.
Surely now the original data is gone, the numbers derived from it are meaningless, how can they now be properly validated?

How convenient! - Is the 'Inconvenient Truth' all based on a convenient lie based on massaged data to simply support the wishes of politicians?

I then ask why would there appear to be this 'cover-up'....?

Well, the answer may lye in these videos:

Copenhagen Treaty Must Be Stopped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHM5PLq9KXo

Is Global Warming Man-Made?? (Part1/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmiZJwYdxy8&NR=1

Is Global Warming Man-Made?? (Part2/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjdZcoEtEE&NR=1

You make you own mind up

Edited by WebFerret

What is really worrying about this is the apparant extent to which scientists at the University of East Anglia were prepared to go to manipulate their data and their reports to make the strongest case for man-made global warming.

I've seen a report today CRU Boss Stands Aside, Queens University Blocking Data FOI - Guy Fawkes' blogabout Queens University Belfast blocking a Freedom of Information request from a mathematician who wants to check some of their data.

Most people don't believe politicians but there is a tendency to accept 'expert' opinion. These two examples suggest that there is something fishy going on here. When this is coupled with the increasing tendency of man made global warming advocates to question the right of sceptics to even make their point, then I really do begin to have my doubts.

Call me a cynic but we seem to have a heady mixture of scientists looking for research grants and politicians looking for reasons to impose additional controls and extra taxes at the same time as denying access to data and shouting down those who try to raise doubts.

What is really worrying about this is the apparant extent to which scientists at the University of East Anglia were prepared to go to manipulate their data and their reports to make the strongest case for man-made global warming.

I've seen a report today CRU Boss Stands Aside, Queens University Blocking Data FOI - Guy Fawkes' blogabout Queens University Belfast blocking a Freedom of Information request from a mathematician who wants to check some of their data.

Most people don't believe politicians but there is a tendency to accept 'expert' opinion. These two examples suggest that there is something fishy going on here. When this is coupled with the increasing tendency of man made global warming advocates to question the right of sceptics to even make their point, then I really do begin to have my doubts.

Call me a cynic but we seem to have a heady mixture of scientists looking for research grants and politicians looking for reasons to impose additional controls and extra taxes at the same time as denying access to data and shouting down those who try to raise doubts.

Couldn't agree more.

With regard to the 'data loss' (said to have shown recorded temperatures going back some 150 years) - I luv one of the comments from your link:

Hmmm…I can see a scenario playing out here:

“You’ve deleted the data, but I have a copy from when it was up, and it doesn’t support your conclusions, there are errors.”

“You don’t have the real, complete data, we have the complete data and it supports our conclusions.”

“Show me the complete data then if mine is erroneous.”

“We can’t show you the data, it’s secret, we have confidentiality agreements, showing it to you would destroy Science.”

“I’ll file a FOI request.”

“Oops, we deleted the data completely! Our bad.”

And that got me thinking:

Recorded raw data of the earth and heavens has been protected like Solomon's gold. The astrological (astronomical) records of the ancient Sumerians were used over and over again by later figures like Ptolemy, even up to Copernicus and others, as the beginning points of their work.

They copied those records with great care and they didn't just 'toss' the originals away.

Therefore, for the researchers at Hadley CRU to say they threw the raw data records away to save space is simply unbelievable, incredible, mind-numbing and quite frankly IMO criminal. They claim that the raw data exhibited variations caused by local fluctuations, unreliable recording mechanisms, "urban heat," etc., and thus had to be "augmented" or "modified" or "processed." To say that the "augmented" data is still available is no comfort, because without the original readings, there is no way to verify the accuracy of the adjustments they did.

The BBC still view this 'story' as one about hackers stealing e-mails, when the REAL story is a VERY BIG political hot potato! :eek:

UNBELEIVABLE

It wasnt a hack

"It sounds more like the actions of a whistle blower"

(According to a Canadian scientist dude on Channel 4 news tonight)

If you were going to hack, surely you would steal info you could actually profit from.

OK, thats crude logic, but just stealing emails after going to a lot of bother to hack your way in doesnt make sense.

What makes more sense is someone in the University of East Anglia developing a conscience and a selective release of evidence of data fabrication.

Edited by noomill060

Either climate change is being brought about by human activity or it is not. I have no idea of the truth of the matter. What I do know is that:

1. The truth cannot be established by opinion polls.

2. The fact that some scientists may have falsified evidence has no bearing on the truth.

3. We need to look carefully at the lobbyists on either side and ask whether they have a vested interest.

4. It is natural that people should allow their view to be influenced by their own lifestyle, not to mention the threat of that lifestyle being taxed. They need to stand back and think.

5. The fact that climate change has happened before does not mean that any current climate change is not due to human activity.

6. Whether it affects climate change or not, polluting the atmosphere cannot be for the good. We should carry on as if we were all going to live for ever.

I notice that the Media are now starting to refer to a "leak" from the University of East Anglia rather than a "hacking"

One thing among many that AGW enthusiasts have not addressed convincingly (if at all) is the fact that ALL planets in the inner Solar System are warming proportionately identically as Earth is.

The one thing that we have absolutely no control over.

Either climate change is being brought about by human activity or it is not. I have no idea of the truth of the matter. What I do know is that:

1. The truth cannot be established by opinion polls.

2. The fact that some scientists may have falsified evidence has no bearing on the truth.

3. We need to look carefully at the lobbyists on either side and ask whether they have a vested interest.

4. It is natural that people should allow their view to be influenced by their own lifestyle, not to mention the threat of that lifestyle being taxed. They need to stand back and think.

5. The fact that climate change has happened before does not mean that any current climate change is not due to human activity.

6. Whether it affects climate change or not, polluting the atmosphere cannot be for the good. We should carry on as if we were all going to live for ever.

There are three issues here:

1) Is the climate generally warming- I don't think there is completely reliable evidence that it is and there is an indication that some of the evidence that it is is has been falsified by an organisation that was generally regarded as reliable.

2) Does humankind have an impact on climate change- The answer to this question has to be yes but it isn't clear how material this is.

3) If the climate is warming, what should be done about it? The answer has to be that we should do something consistent with stopping or slowing down the change in the climate without imposing undue burdens on society.

Personally I subscribe to the view that the climate is probably warming slightly and that humans have influenced this. I don't think it's clear the at the change is material or that we are the sole or primary cause. To me logic suggests that we need to address the effects rather than indulge in the orgy of regulation and higher taxes being proposed by people who, funnily enough, think regulation and higher taxes are the answer to everything.

This global warming is the biggest tax [problem] going and they are meeting in Copehagen to decide how to tax us even more! There are numerous active volcanos around the world that we know of never mind the underseas ones that we do not know of and each one of these spews out more CO2 in one day than all the cars in the world in one day. What about shipping. How much CO2 does one ship spew out in one day in comparison to all the cars in Great Britain?

This just nature at work. Here is an update on the artilce posted by Seminole;

Controversy has exploded onto the Internet after a major global-warming advocacy center in the UK had its e-mail system hacked and the data published on line. The director of the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit confirmed that the e-mails are genuine — and Australian publication Investigate and the Australian Herald-Sun report that those e-mails expose a conspiracy to hide detrimental information from the public that argues against global warming (via Watt’s Up With That):

The internet is on fire this morning with confirmation computers at one of the world’s leading climate research centres were hacked, and the information released on the internet.

A 62 megabyte zip file, containing around 160 megabytes of emails, pdfs and other documents, has been confirmed as genuine by the head of the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit, Dr Phil Jones.

In an exclusive interview with Investigate magazine’s TGIF Edition, Jones confirms his organization has been hacked, and the data flying all over the internet appears to have come from his organisation.

“It was a hacker. We were aware of this about three or four days ago that someone had hacked into our system and taken and copied loads of data files and emails.”

One of the most damning e-mails published comes from Dr. Jones himself. In an e-mail from almost exactly ten years ago, Jones appears to discuss a method of overlaying data of temperature declines with repetitive, false data of higher temperatures:

To: ray bradley ,mann@[snipped], mhughes@

[snipped]

Subject: Diagram for WMO Statement

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000

Cc:
rn@[snipped]

Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,

Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or first thing tomorrow. I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd [sic] from1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline. Mike’s series got the annual land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999 for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.

Thanks for the comments, Ray.

Cheers, Phil

Prof. Phil Jones

Climatic Research Unit

Jones told Investigate that he couldn’t remember the context of “hide the decline,” and that the process was a way to fill data gaps rather than mislead. But when scientists talk about “tricks” in the context of hiding data, it certainly seems suspicious.

Andrew Bolt points to a couple of other suspicious entries in the database as well for the Herald-Sun. For instance, here we have scientists discussing how to delete inconvenient data in order to emphasize other data that supports their conclusions:

To: Phil Jones [...]

Subject: 1940s

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:25:38 -0600

Cc: Ben Santer [...]

Phil,

Here are some speculations on correcting SSTs to partly explain the 1940s warming blip. If you look at the attached plot you will see that theland also shows the 1940s blip (as I’m sure you know).

So, if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15 degC, then this would be significant for the global mean – but we’d still have to explain the land blip
. I’ve chosen 0.15 here deliberately. This still leaves an ocean blip, and i think one needs to have some form of ocean blip to explain the land blip (via either some common forcing, or ocean forcing land, or vice versa, or all of these). When you look at other blips, the land blips are 1.5 to 2 times (roughly) the ocean blips—higher sensitivity plus thermal inertia effects. My 0.15 adjustment leaves things consistent with this, so you can see where I am coming from.

Removing ENSO does not affect this.

It would be good to remove at least part of the 1940s blip, but we are still left with “why the blip”.

Let me go further. If you look at NH vs SH and the aerosol effect (qualitatively or with MAGICC) then with a reduced ocean blip we get continuous warming in the SH, and a cooling in the NH—just as one would expect with mainly NH aerosols.

The other interesting thing is (as Foukal et al. note – from MAGICC) that the 1910-40 warming cannot be solar. The Sun can get at most 10% of this with Wang et al solar, less with Foukal solar. So this may well be NADW, as Sarah and I noted in 1987 (and also Schlesinger later). A reduced SST blip in the 1940s makes the 1910-40 warming larger than the SH (which it currently is not)—but not really enough.

So … why was the SH so cold around 1910? Another SST problem? (SH/NH data also attached.)

This stuff is in a report I am writing for EPRI, so I’d appreciate any comments you (and Ben) might have.

Tom.

Hmmm. Sounds like “hid[ing] the data” once again. And here we have them privately admitting that they can’t find the global warming that they’ve been predicting:

To: Michael Mann

Subject: Re: BBC U-turn on climate

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:57:37 -0600

Cc: Stephen H Schneider , Myles Allen , peter stott , “Philip D. Jones” , Benjamin Santer , Tom Wigley , Thomas R Karl , Gavin Schmidt , James Hansen , Michael Oppenheimer

Hi all

Well I have my own article on
where the heck is global warming ? We are asking that here in Boulder where we have broken records the past two days for the coldest days on record. We had 4 inches of snow. The high the last 2 days was below 30F and the normal is 69F, and it smashed the previous records for these days by 10F. The low was about 18F and also a record low, well below the previous record low.

This is January weather (see the Rockies baseball playoff game was canceled on saturday and then played last night in below freezing weather).

Trenberth, K. E., 2009: An imperative for climate change planning: tracking Earth’s global energy. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 1, 19-27, doi:10.1016/j.cosust.2009.06.001. [1][PDF] (A PDF of the published version can be obtained from the author.)

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate
.***

Do scientists use data to test theories, or do they use theories to test data? Scientists will claim the former, but here we have scientists who cling to the theory so tightly that they reject the data. That’s not science; it’s religious belief.

Dr. Jones has confirmed that these e-mails are genuine. Whether the work represented by these scientists is as genuine seems to be under serious question. Tim Blair says, “The fun is officially underway.”

Update: These e-mails may explain this:

Global warming appears to have stalled. Climatologists are puzzled as to why average global temperatures have stopped rising over the last 10 years. Some attribute the trend to a lack of sunspots, while others explain it through ocean currents.

At least the weather in Copenhagen is likely to be cooperating. The Danish Meteorological Institute predicts that temperatures in December, when the city will host the United Nations Climate Change Conference, will be one degree above the long-term average.

Otherwise, however, not much is happening with global warming at the moment. The Earth’s average temperatures have stopped climbing since the beginning of the millennium, and it even looks as though global warming could come to a standstill this year.

Or maybe it didn’t exist at all, except when scientists at Hadley were “hid[ing] the decline.”

Update II: This follows on a more mundane controversy over competence at Hadley that erupted in September:

A scientific scandal is casting a shadow over a number of recent peer-reviewed climate papers.

At least eight papers purporting to reconstruct the historical temperature record times may need to be revisited, with significant implications for contemporary climate studies, the basis of the IPCC’s assessments. A number of these involve senior climatologists at the British climate research centre CRU at the University East Anglia. In every case, peer review failed to pick up the errors.

Adding to the suspicion, Queens University in Belfast is fighting numerous FoI requests from fellow scientists for raw data from the 7000 years of dendrochronological- tree ring- data which is claimed to support the Greenland ice core data for temperature changes since the end of the last ice age.

What possible reason could they have for refusing to share this vital (to the climate change debate) scientific data, with rest of humanity?

Maybe it isnt all that is claimed....?

If it is as stated, lets see it.

Come on QUB- what are you trying to hide?

Edited by noomill060

I note from the headlines on today's Times front page that the Met Office is re-examining the temperature data it holds on the last 150 years.

This study will take at least three years to complete.

(Met Office and University of East Anglia largely responsible for data submitted to the IPCC used by IPCC for it's AGW judgement.)

Govt really, really dont want Met Office to do this...

I WONDER WHY?

One is left with the impression that Phil Jones and CRU just couldnt resist over-egging the pudding...

Edited by noomill060

C02 tax is a [problem]

Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists (9,000 with PHD's) for Global Warming fraud / John Coleman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ

This story would support and suggest that, at the very least, a halt on the proposed carbon trading and taxation should be made, and a FULL intendant investigation conducted to find the truth.

Already countries are starting to take advantage of the proposed 'trading' and personally think it has absolutely nothing to do with actually saving the planet from an ecological point of view - it's seems to me it's just greed!

Denmark rushes in laws to stop carbon trading [problem]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/dec/03/copenhagen-summit-carbon-trading-[problem]

This quite interesting.

APFNLord Mockton on the Copenhagen SummitWed Nov 4, 2009 17:4972.201.43.207

Radio: Alan Jones interview with Lord Mockton on the Copenhagen Summit

Have a listen to this radio interview of Alan Jones with Lord Monckton on the Copenhagen Summit.

Lord Monckton was a former adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher It is a very important warning about the climate scare, and the anti-democratic push coming from the Copenhagen Treaty:

http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=4998

* Details of the 200 page draft Copenhagen Treaty are being concealed from the people

* The science behind Global Warming has collapsed

* The Treaty has been kept secret in their usual way, but discovered in a “note by the Secretariat”

* The word “Government” is explicity referred to in the Treaty, with powers for a communistic international Government –similar to the EU

Commissars, but on a global scale

* This proposed World Government is designed to take over all global free markets

* The Copenhagen Treaty will take precedence over the Australian Constitution

* The is NO provision to exit the Copenhagen Treaty [

* Lord Monckton is urging people around the world to spread the word

Go to this link to listen to audio version

I think climate change is just a huge tax [problem], we now pay more money if our cars have high CO2 emissions. I think this is why certain countries around the world aren't taking action.

Petition the Prime Minister

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to suspend the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia from preparation of any Government Climate Statistics until the various allegations have been fully investigated by an independent body.

Deadline to sign up is by: 24 February 2010

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/UEACRU/

For a current update (4th December 2009) and easily understood explanation of the current situation to Climategate, watch the following YouTube videos by Lord Monckton:

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference, Dec. 4, 2009 - 1of4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UAFRlZtVE&feature=related

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference, Dec. 4, 2009 - 2of4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1wi9_P7C0&feature=related

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference, Dec. 4, 2009 - 3of4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhaG4q81Do4&feature=related

Lord Monckton on Climategate at the 2nd International Climate Conference, Dec. 4, 2009 - 4of4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMIbDT7Se-s&feature=related

If you wish to see a copy of the draft Copenhagen Treaty a PDF version can be found here:

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/un-fccc-copenhagen-2009.pdf