Compress 100mb to emailable 10mb?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Trying to make BDay CD for mate and my CD drive has broken :( So im thinking compress the files and email to her. Is this possible? Anyone know what program I can use? Oh and need an answer tonite as going to visit her 2mo :)

Have tried using winrar but that only reduced the file size by a few MBs.

Thanks!

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

why not go to one of those sites that send out brithday cards etc quite a lot are free

http://www.myfuncards.com/dl/index.jhtml?spu=true&partner=ZUxdm588&ac=2&acid=3801229837&gclid=CKnK_IWE050CFQdl4wodh09gsg&mtid=2

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

why not go to one of those sites that send out brithday cards etc quite a lot are free

[url=http://www.myfuncards.com/dl/index.jhtml?spu=true&partner=ZUxdm588&ac=2&acid=3801229837&gclid=CKnK_IWE050CFQdl4wodh09gsg&mtid=2

MyFunCards -- 1,000 FREE eCards and free greeting cards for every occasion![/url]]

Confused! :confused:

Either im being a bit slow or we've crossed wires a bit here mate :) Can you elaborate a bit

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Oops mistook BDay CD for BDay card

Lol I just realised that!

Good shout 2ltr16v, gonna use one of those file hosting sites.

Thanks!

What is it you are wanting to send? Music can be shrank to about 10% its original size by converting it to an MP3. Photos can be uploaded to Photobucket, you can combine both to a movie using windows movie maker and host it on youtube. Another alternative, get a USB memory stick and put it on that.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

What is it you are wanting to send? Music can be shrank to about 10% its original size by converting it to an MP3. Photos can be uploaded to Photobucket, you can combine both to a movie using windows movie maker and host it on youtube. Another alternative, get a USB memory stick and put it on that.

Doh! Just spent the last 40mins uploading to a filehosting site. Yup it is music - next time ill convert to mp3 as you suggest. Did try a usb stick but my comp wont read it - its a pc from a mates old work and i think its got some funny security configurations on it (cant read usb sticks etc).

Ahh... a lot of business PCs are set up to not allow any other storage devices (security thing). Oh well uploaded to a filehosting site will do, and yeah, next time save your friend a few mins d/loading time with the MP3 converting :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

In your particular scenario, FileHosting is the best and probably most secure way to go, and certainly easier for your friend to just download.

However, if that's not possible, there is another method I've used on a rare occassion, and that's to split the file into managable chunks, then send each chunk.

The free utility, Chainsaw, can do this. Essentially, create a single zip file from your mp3s, then use Chainsaw to slice it into chunks of 1MB, 2MB or whatever size suits you, then send the component pieces to your friend by email or whatever method suits you best.