Northern Rock Unsecured loan

Steve 3767
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bumping your thread because I simply do not know the answer. I imagine that it would go some way to throwing doubt on the document.. but unenforceable. I truly do not know.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

a cancellable agreement that has no cancellation rights on it make it unenforceable

i'll see if i can find an appropriate letter

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

IdaInFife,

Thankyou so much for the information you have provided so far... and to everyone else who has taken time to respond to this thread. Thankyou in advance for the appropriate letter that you will hopefully supply me with to send to Northern Rock.

I will be making a donation to show my appreciation.

Regards

Steve

just giving your thread a little nudge to keep it in the public eye:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

still trying to see if there are any about

just postings these for reference

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/216081-egg-loan-docs-received.html

post 20

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

IdaInFife,

After reading post 26 i still think that it may be worth a letter to Northern Rock to see what they come back with so would you be kind enough to find me the appropriate letter to send to them...

Regards

Steve

sorry for taking so long but was checking out the cancellable as further in the thread above the direct marketing came in to play in 2004 which changes things so cancellalion right should have been there.

send the above letter in the link but replace with

The agreement was improperly executed and did not contain cancellation details in breach of section 64 0f the act.

In that antecedent negotiations took place with the creditor prior to the agreement being sent for signing, and that signing took place away from creditors’ premises making the agreement cancellable as per regulations.

The creditor is therefore in breach of section 64(1) and 127(4) of the act which renders the agreement unenforceable.

IdaInFife,

Thankyou so much for providing me with the information that i require to send the letter to Northern Rock however when i click on the above link that you so kindly sent it takes me to the forums and no letter template could you please check the link....

Also where do i insert the part that you so kindly told me to replace.

I thankyou once again for taking the time to provide me with this information.

Regards

Steve

Ida,

The link has worked and i have edited the letter as per your post, will send this recorded delivery first thing in the morning and will advise once Northern Rock Reply.

Thankyou so much for all your time and help.

Regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received a response from Northern Rock which is as follows:

Dear Mr ******

Thankyou for your contact with Northern Rock. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

Our aim is to handle your complaint fairly and quickly and a member of our customer services team will contact you shortly. In line with the Financial services Authority's requirements, we have eight weeks in order to resolve your complaint and issue our final response and will aim to do so, within this time period.

For information i enclose a copy of our leaflet entitled "explaining our internal complaints procedure" to help you understand how we will handle your complaint.

Can anyone please advise on the next step to take.

Regards

Steve

Edited by Steve 3767

Hi

I would be interested to see what response you get. I also have a Northern Rock loan that I made online.

My loan agreement is exactly the same as yours no cancellation period. The only thing is what if they sent a letter about the cancellation period before signing the loan agreement?

I can't quite remember but I think they might have posted a letter referring to a right to cancel. How might this change things even if it isn't on the loan agreement? I'm pretty sure though if they did it was before they signed but I can't remember. If I write to them and now cancel my agreement is there any regulations that say I have to repay some of the loan I have had or is it unenforceable?

I have had such problems with Northern Rock they managed to get a court order against me for the whole amount plus interest on a 10 year loan after only one year of interest and some payments being made.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 1miller

1miller,

I can not comment on your loan with Northern Rock, i was advised to upload a copy of the agreement and it would be looked at and then someone would suggest if it was enforceable or unenforceable, as you can read from the posts that at first it was thought that my loan was unenforceable then enforceable, but have sent the appropriate letter off that was so kindly supplied by IdaInFife and now just waiting to see what Northern Rock come back, as i will not comment on the phone until i have had a response from the kind people on here as to what step to take next.

1miller

I would not cancel your agreement as of yet maybe look at my first post and send them the appropriate letter and see what response you get.

Keep your eyes on this thread as no doubt it will be updated very soon.

May i just take this opportunity to thank Ida and everyone else who have so kindly gave me there time and advice so far.

Hi

Thanks for your reply I was wondering what law it was that you included in your letter? As I think if I remember from the thread that the template had to be changed. I think it was the 2004 financial services distance selling regulations?

I just wondered if anyone could comment on this regulation and if loans don't comply they are unenforceable or can be enforced by a court?

I have already had trouble with Northern Rock so I think I will also have a try at writing them a letter and see what happens.

I also noticed that the credit agreement I have isn't signed at all by me so I will also be referring to this in my letter.

Edited by 1miller