Northern Rock Unsecured loan

Steve 3767
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I must just say that i have just found and registered on this very informative site and looking at send a letter of to Northern Rock asking them to send me a signed agreement but my problem is Northern Rock had all them problems so where do i send my letter to?

Would it still be the address on the letter i got from them.

Hopefully someone will be able to inform me

Thankyou in advance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome, Steve 3767.

This address was used last month, so should be the one............

Northern Rock Personal Loans.

Northern Rock Plc.

Selectapost 19.

Rotherham.

S97 3DG.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Maroondevo52

This is the address i have at the top of the letter they sent when the loan was agreed.

Will post it tommorow via recorded delivery and will post what response i get from them to see if it is an enforcable loan.

Thanks once again

Regards

Steve

I had an unsecured loan via Northern rock and managed to do a deal with them to write of around £1500.00 which was the total amount of interest on the loan.

Depending on your circumstances they will do a deal. I requested the CCA agreement which was enforceable however it wasn't enforced. They accepted my offer after several letters...... It will be interesting to see how you get on.........

Best Of Luck!

Have posted the letter via recorder delivery today but the clerk advised me that it may take longer due to the postal strikes, within the info i read you have to give them 12 days +2 days for post to reply to the request?

When do i count the 14days from???/

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Also once i get correspondence from Northern Rock i will need a little help as to see if the loan agreement is enforceable.

Look forward to your advice

Hi

When was your loan taken out and do you have PPI?

Just wondering as my loan was taken out in 2004 and had PPI - but someone on here said it wasn't enforceable because didn't have a separate agreement for PPI. I didn't post it up, he just knew that from how I set out the details from the agreement (I'm reclaiming PPI).

I sent a SAR back in August and they replied within 2 weeks - they did have the agreement.

Hi,

The 12 + 2 days start from when they receive your request.

Regarding the agreement, best thing to do is post it up on this thread, removing any personal details.

Regards.

Scott.

Jan4a

Sorry for the late reply.

My loan was taken out in February 2006 and i did not take the PPI out.

I have just checked on the status of the recorded letter and it is still working its way through the postal system so will keep you informed of any progress.

maroondevo52,

I do not have a scanner so i am unable to post the agreement removing all my personal details.

I will wait and see and possibly be asking for further advice once they have sent communication and then i may type out the agreement to then decide with your help if this is an enforceable loan.

I look forward to any replys.

Best Regards

Steve

Scott, thread really needs moving to correct forum :p

JOgs

Sound jogs, forgot where we were for a minute ;)

Thread moved.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Ok an update i posted the letter on the 18th October and today i have had a reply from Northern Rock

The letter reads:

I refer to your letter of 18th October 2009, which has been passed to me for consideration.

In fulfillment of your request under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974, i enclose herewith a copy of your executed credit agreement and the applicable terms and conditions, together with a statement of account.

If the enclosed information discloses any item that you wish to dispute, you should in the first instance write to our complaints team at the above address.

Yours Sincerely

BLA BLA BLA

Also included is a photocopy of the agreement and a photocopy of the terms and conditions with a statement of account.

I will try to get this uploaded so you can all see if i can dispute this.

Does anyone know from the information i have given if this is enforceable??

Look forward to your replys and thanks for your help.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you log on to photobucket.com scan in the copies of the agreement and remove any personal details etc that you don't want people to see and then upload the agreements into the system so that we can view them then we can take it from there.........

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for the delay in uploading the relevant documentation.

Please find attached the 2 photocopies i received from Northern Rock.

Thankyou in advanced and i look forward to see if this agreement is enforceable.

Regards

Steve

Northern Rock Agreement.pdf

Northern Rock Agreement2.pdf

i cannot see any rights to cancel...

where did you sign this ?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

i cannot see any rights to cancel...

where did you sign this ?

IdainFife,

Thankyou for your reply,

I have signed it at the bottom of the agreement just above the date...

So at a quick glance you are saying it is enforceable?

:D:D Sorry to laugh, Steve. What Ida meant was .. did you sign it at the bank or at home or some other place ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB

I thought he meant where was my signature located on the agreement, The agreement was sent to me at home and i had to check the details then sign and send it back to Northern Rock....

So looking at the agreement is it enforceable???

Regards

Steve

CitizenB

I thought he meant where was my signature located on the agreement, The agreement was sent to me at home and i had to check the details then sign and send it back to Northern Rock....

So looking at the agreement is it enforceable???

Regards

Steve

:eek: runs off to check hasn't grown something during the night :lol:

can you just double check the agreement incase i missed it that is doesn't have :

cancellation rights also i see there in no PPI on this agreement, does what you have been or had opaid monthly match with what the repayments terms are?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Ida,

I have checked the white fixed sum (1st scan) and can not see any thing about cancellation rights?

I was offered the opportunity to purchase the PPI with the loan but i refused this, it was only verbal communication over the telephone at the time of application of the loan.

Even at a quick glance on the pink copy that i scanned i can not see anything to do with cancellation rights....

Would this make the loan unenforceable????

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (the "Regulations") came into force in the UK on 31st October 2000.

The Regulations aim to protect consumers contracting at a distance from the supplier, where the consumer does not have the benefit of meeting face to face with the supplier and inspecting the goods or services offered for sale.

Essentially the Regulations provide consumers with a right to:

receive clear information about the supplier, the goods or services and the sale before deciding to buy;

confirmation of this information in writing;

a cooling off period of 7 working days in which to withdraw from the contract; and

protection from payment card fraud.

In December 2007 the OFT worked with the Local Authority Trading Standard Services (TSS) to conduct a web sweep of 530 websites to assess whether online retailers are complying with the key requirements of the Regulations. The OFT reported its findings in March 2008 and in particular, noted a failure among retailers to provide adequate contact details and transparency in cancellation and refund rights.

Rather than cover all details of the Regulations, this article highlights the most important requirements including those considered by the OFT and TSS in their web sweep.

_ The UK's Distance Selling Regulations | OUT-LAW.COM by Pinsent Masons LLP

Information provided by cerberusalert

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB,

Thankyou for your reply however i am a little confused by your quote, are you saying that the agreement that was entered between myself and Northern Rock is unenforceable due to them not adding a cancellation clause on the agreement that i signed and dated????

I look forward to your replies, also if it is an unenforceable agreement what is my next step.

Regards

Steve