Cygnet Finance and ACF Bill OF Sale Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope someone can help. I purchased acr from ACF and finance funder by Cygnet Finance or The FUNDING CORPORATION which ever they want to use over a year ago now. Problem I have is after making 13 payments and paying over £2800 in the mean time I have no major issues with them.

Car purchased on 18th Oct 2008 and bill of sale asks for payments to be made by his day each month. I started paying from december 2008 on 1s tof each month as eaier when wages went in bank. I have had no problemsuntil recently. Back in May this year I was made redundant (****ing credit crunch) and since then I have had payment arrangements where be it I mad my payment in full each month without fail but not neccesariyl on 1st of each month. I arranged payment arrangements each month with them aftr contactingthem on 1st of each month. Never missed payment always and always paid account on the date I arranged aftr contacting them on 1st of month. In no time up until now have I ever asked to have my payments reduced due to my unemployment circumstances at the moment. It cam to light there was problems when I checke dmy credit report for Augts it showed late payment, payment in arrears for August from Cygnet. I rang them and they couldn't answer why this happended. They then rang me to tell me that it happended because they processed fiuloes for credit report that month before I arranged to pay account. Account paid on 18th in August. They have said that because I failed to py on 1st whcih is day I agreed to pay back in december rather than 18th when initially bought car then there was nothing they could do. IS this right??? I had payment arrangement never broke it and to me the payment due date fell within the CCA terms and Bill of Sale terms.

I have now asked them to have a look at my payment terms and amend them to coincide with 18th of the month as per original agreement. This is becuase of my JSA payments I have enough to pay at this time. They are now reluctant to change as they stated they changed it in November for 1st of the month. I have had correspondence from them to say that any payments now made after 1st of the month will be classed as late and all previous agreed payment arrangements have been cancelled and any late payments will be recorded with Credit Bureaus. Can they do this? My bill of sale is legal document and it states 18th of month and every month until agreement satisfied. I can't meet 1st due to my circumstances but can pay on 18th as saved enough thorugh month to meet this.

I need some clarification from you helpful people on this website. I also asked for a true certifed copy of my bill of sale which I received on Friday. It is the same copy I received day purchased except that on front it has stamp from Cygnet Finance saying that this 'is a true certified copy of original bill of sale' I asked them for the propoer copy certifed after I purchased car and they said that is what it is. To me I was expecting a certified stamped copy from Court, is this right????

Also I want to keep paying for my car but due to my circumstances I cannot hit the £213.68 I am currently paying, how do I request legally to have my payments reduced and possible increase to credit terms over a longer period

What rights do I have and what can thwy do, the late payment on my credit file is this correct? I didn't have one for September even though payment made same day as that in August

Hope someone out there can help, sorry for speel but had to get it all out

Thanks from begruntled ACF fan :(

• 6 months later...

please can someone help me,

i bought can car off ACF 24/10/2006 week later got a call said finance was wrong and i need to re-sign or they were going to take the car off us, so we re-signed told all would be the same,as well as all of this car was broken and they were paying for it to be fixed , jan2008 lost my job and cygent said they would reduce finance from £213.13 to £100 per month , but i had rang to claim on my PPI they said i didnt have the right cover so i took there offer , and said i was going to look into the matter, finally after 9 monts of letter writting to ACF i went to ombsman they said that they would look at PPI but not sales aggrement as it was before april 2007 ,i am still with ombsman and have been told i was missed sold my PPI and we are trying to get my money back, but i am still left with car that does not work and paying finance, dont no which aggrement is which and my bill of sale is not stamped and is signed by sales rep who sold me my car also has mistakes on it ,

how do i stop paying my finace and give them the car back

please help i am at a loss:???: