The COMPUTER action group-help save Elsa's PC!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Elsa,

I'm sure it'll work in the end. I did try to get mine going when I couldn't get my computer lady, but I only made things worse. Then it started making very funny growling noises and that was the end of it.

Thank you, I am feeling calmer this week. No updates, but Martin and CitiB said they would alert legals so I'm waiting for their input, but yours has been absolutely fabulous. Think combination of her lies in WS and feeling let down by court really got to me on Friday and I went into panic meltdown.

DDxx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Elsa,

I'm sure it'll work in the end. I did try to get mine going when I couldn't get my computer lady, but I only made things worse. Then it started making very funny growling noises and that was the end of it.

Thank you, I am feeling calmer this week. No updates, but Martin and CitiB said they would alert legals so I'm waiting for their input, but yours has been absolutely fabulous. Think combination of her lies in WS and feeling let down by court really got to me on Friday and I went into panic meltdown.

DDxx

Have I missed a thread of yours DD? I didn't know you were up in court!

I take it it didn't go so well if you were, but I'm sure the bods on here have you on their radar, so I hope it all works out soon.

Lexis xx

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi Lexis :)

Here's the link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/221436-help-needed-court-case.html

It's a really interesting case, still ongoing, poor DD's being pursued by a vindictive ex business partner.

Thanks for the green blob..it wouldn't let me blob you again yet :(

Dear prima, what a troll. Wonder if her "friend's" name was Donna? :D

Awww that's lovely of you to offer DD.

I'm a couple of hundred miles away, unfortunately :(

Trouble with me is that once I get my teeth into something I don't like to admit defeat!

At least it's working during the day so I can get my work done, although after just repairing the boot sector again for some reason Ive now lost XP style in display, gone back to classic with no xp option.

Going to wipe it and repartition/install XP again tomorrow. Clean, as DX says, no internet connection. Going to run it for day bare with no updates and see what happens following morning.

Got someone waiting for website updates today so need to get that out of the way first.

Any updates at your end? Are you feeling any better?

Elsa x

ok well dont install office pro 3003 if yo are not going to update it [winxp i mean].

it is realy puzzling me where the hell the hdd errors are coming from

is everything new in that chain? new ribbon/sata cable hdd and mb?

if you update, remember YOU MUST, install avgfree 8.5 BEFORE you put it anywhere near the net.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yup, put latest version of antivirus on a CD/dvd or USB pen and don't connect to the net until that is installed.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks guys (and girls)

I understand what you're saying, but I've kept notes of all my tests, and quite early on I did a full format/repartition/ installed XP and nothing else whatsoever, to establish whether it was a software/SP3/malware issue. Physically it was able to connect but I didn't log on to internet. Just turned it straight off after the clean install, left it overnight...exactly same error. Same on 2 different HDDs and with a different XP disk.

Because of the major changes in SP3 and thereafter, many current avs don't seem to install correctly until it's in place.

I'm therefore going to D/L SP3 as an iso onto my laptop to burn to CD then install that and an av onto pc prior to connection.

Already got my AV setup file saved to external drive. Have also scanned my ex drive for malware.

Also investigating the graphics card aspect. Most cabling is new. I'm benching it today to have another look inside.

Onwards and upwards..

Thanks again

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Thanks guys (and girls)

I understand what you're saying, but I've kept notes of all my tests, and quite early on I did a full format/repartition/ installed XP and nothing else whatsoever, to establish whether it was a software/SP3/malware issue. Physically it was able to connect but I didn't log on to internet.

not sure what you mean here about the internet

but i would physically remove the cable from the back of the pc or turn off wireless on your router.

there is something strange going on with your system that i cant fathom.

[sys32 thing]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,

it is weird. I researched for hours with no luck.

I'll unplug the router cable next time.

I've also been checking the BIOS settings and have just disabled Quickboot and set it to not load the Motherboard full screen logo, also changed the Boot.ini to disable the windows loading screen, to see if it gives the RAM more time and reduces the load on the graphics card. Straws and clutching spring to mind, but you never know!

The only other significant thing we did when the PSU was replaced was to flash the BIOS, and TBH I wish my son had left the original BIOS on when he replaced the board on Saturday, to eliminate that possibility, but he'd done it before I realised. Might it be an idea to roll it back if I don't have any joy with other tests?

OK here goes,

I've dumped the TV tuner card which was sitting under the graphics card. It felt quite hot. Don't need it now, and it gives the GC more air space.

Done the BIOS and boot.ini tweaks.

Going to repartition/format/reinstall now.

It's singing Daisy in a weird voice.....

Wish me luck!