Query on A&L Loan APR 7.4% or 7.44%

Jim Pike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Could do with a bit of help please, I thought I had finished paying my A&L Loan, but along comes a default notice, apparently I missed a payment last year when I became ill, before PPI kicked in.

Could you please look at the agreement and see if it is valid. The apr on agreement states 7.4% but on Annual statement sent end of last year states 7.44% I know it is not much but makes amounts incorrect.

Also should the agreement have a cancellation box? you will see on the pic I have put an arrow pointing to a bit that says "non canc" does that mean non cancellable?

One more thing should I have been paying Interest on the PPI payments, A&L would not have paid the full premium to insurers at the begining of the loan would they, more like they paid each and every month that I paid.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim

Loan Agreement side 1.pdf

Loan Agreement side 2.pdf

Annual Statement side 1.pdf

Hi 42man,

Thanks for your help on this, I am uploading the default notice and notice of default sums that I have received 2 of one on the 11/7/09 and this one 26/9/09.

I thought all this had finished last year, but I had missed a payment in october, my fault as I had no money (still haven't) I am sure that our friends at A&L have got it all right and I owe the money but I think £25 a time to send a letter is a bit off.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Notice of Default sums 26 Sept 09.pdf

default notice 26 Sept 09.pdf

Please can someone look at the default notice, it is 14 days from typing the notice to the date I have to sort it. It also says my action needed is to pay an overdue sum of £352.89 but then says further down that balance outstanding is £377.89 and amount to be paid £397.99 There is also a minus sum of £20.10 confused or what!

Please give me some guidance.

Jim

• 1 month later...

The default notice is merely a way that A&L make extra cash on late payments. They make a charge of £25 for a late payment, there will probably be a late payment shown on your credit file too. Speak to the arrears department, bring your account up to date and ask to have the £25 refunded. Maybe someone could take them to court to get charges refunded.

****ed off ex-employee!

Hi djh1697

Thanks for your reply, I have sorted this out now, but I only paid the £352.89 which was the last payment on my loan. I spoke to them on the phone and told them that I would not pay the 2 charges of £25 each, and the customer services person said that if I paid there and then she would waive the charges. I must add that the payment was 1 year late to finish the loan.

And yes I did record the call. I have purchased an olympus voice recorder from Comet it has the facility to record from the phone line using a plug from maplins. The whole lot worked out at about £60 I couldn't afford the truecall (still can't at the mo) the olympus works a treat and you can download the files to the PC and play on media player.

Cheers

Jim