!!need help regarding welcome finance!!

shmegam00
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there I recently had my home repossessed and also had a secure loan on the property. we were doing fine until September 2008 when I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondlitis which is an arthritis in the spine (auto immune decease) with no cure and progressive. because I am a diabetic I could not get any insurance to cover sickness or previous illnesses. my loan was through welcome finance, I have always kept in contact with them even when I couldn't afford to pay them anything. I sent them a letter with all my house hold income and out goings and offered them a guaranteed payment of £50.00 a month (payments were £268 a month) which is all I can afford. welcome phoned me 2 weeks ago and said that would be fine and that they would rather accept something than nothing. yesterday they took the £50.00 from my account then they phoned me and told me it was not enough. we also pay great universal catalogue £150 a month as we went behind with everything (I worked with weetabix and lost £300 - £500 a week wage). they are asking me to pay £5 a month to the catalogue and pay the extra £145 on top of the £50 every month to the loan.

where do I stand, as I have offered them a regular payment and also, as the house has been repossessed does that mean the secured loan is now an unsecured loan? as I have no property to secure it against.

Edited by shmegam00

Please do not post any info that can identify you to the enemy. These forums are regularly red by the banks, DCAs, etc. Don't supply them with the bullets to shoot you with.

Perhaps a bit late now, but did you try contacting Diabetes UK? I believe they keep details of sympathetic companies. Personally, it's not a problem that I've had to contend with. Perhaps I've just been lucky with my insurance providers.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....