Starting a Hardship Claim for Charges from HSBC....help!!!

TiggyMoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!!

Right.....I'm on a mission to get my finances sorted out a bit.

I had a bank account with HSBC, that was closed a few years back. I know there were loads of charges and have sent a subject access request to HSBC today.

Just a question about the F.Hardship 'criteria' I guess. I have done an income and expenditure sheet (sort of) could you have a nosey? Should I include things like leisure/education materials.

I have BIG debts from Council Tax, Housing Association (not current address), Utility bills and other rubbish like O2 phone, Provident.....the list goes on. I haven't yet set up payments for these debts.

Do I need to list the payments I will have to make for these debts? Or just include photocopies of the letters from them?

Here is the income and expenditure info:

Monthly Income

Wages

Student Loan

Total

Monthly Expenditure

Rent

Council Tax

Electricity

Water

Phone/Internet

Food etc

Child Maintenance

Travel

Leisure

Education (books, materials etc)

Total

Totals

Income

Expenditure

Total Deficit

As soon as I start making payments to Welsh water and Council tax.....my finances are going to be a total mess (again). It's like going round in circles!

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

TiggyMoo x

Financial hardship is about current hardship so if the account is closed then it is not a financial hardship case because the account was closed 2 years ago, and that the account is not CURRENTLY causing you financial hardship as they are making no charges to your closed account.

I would be looking at pursuing your current bank account provider plus perhaps looking at charges to credit card, catalogues, store cards if any exist.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf