lowell/cohen claimform - old MBNA/Abbey card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not absolutely certain, but I think you can add the cost of the bailiffs to the amount collected. Or the bailiffs charge them independantly. I think you would need to check on that.

£6.10.. :confused: What was that for ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going through a court claim against someone at the moment separately from my credit disputes. If you ask for enforcement the charge is £100 but it is added to the claim and paid by the defendant. If they can't collect the money then you may have to pay it eventually, unlikely in the circumstances I hope! So I would go for it as £100 on top of £6.10 might wake them up a bit!

Exchange

I am not absolutely certain, but I think you can add the cost of the bailiffs to the amount collected. Or the bailiffs charge them independantly. I think you would need to check on that.

£6.10.. :confused: What was that for ?

Hi CB

The £6.10 was for parking a petrol costs fot the day.

When i pushed the Judge for wasted costs, the Judge said you have just one the cast don't push it. So i left it at that and didn't wan't to annoy the Judge.

I'll get in contact with the Courts tomorrow and see where i stand with this order.

Gaz

Just going through a court claim against someone at the moment separately from my credit disputes. If you ask for enforcement the charge is £100 but it is added to the claim and paid by the defendant. If they can't collect the money then you may have to pay it eventually, unlikely in the circumstances I hope! So I would go for it as £100 on top of £6.10 might wake them up a bit!

Exchange

Thanks Exchange

Gaz

Hi CB

The £6.10 was for parking a petrol costs fot the day.

When i pushed the Judge for wasted costs, the Judge said you have just one the cast don't push it. So i left it at that and didn't wan't to annoy the Judge.

I'll get in contact with the Courts tomorrow and see where i stand with this order.

Gaz

Yes, of course, I remember you saying this. :lol: It just seemed such a wierd amount :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All

Right, Howard Cohen/CL Finance have failed to send me my cake money:mad: for £6.10.

I phoned the Courts and was told that i needed to inforce the Judgement order.

Any iders what i need to do i.e forms to fill in, as the person said there's three ways you can do this?.

Gaz

Didnt guzzleguts have to enforce a costs order some time ago.. check with him, Gazza:)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just wanted to run over a letter with you all that i'm sending CL Finance in case it needs amending.

This is the letter.

28th October 2009

CL Finance Limited

C/o Senior Finance Manager

R.O. Kingston House

Centre 27 Business Park

Woodhead Road

Birstall, Batley

WF17 9TD

DearSir/Madem

Re: CL Finance Limited -v- XXXXXXXX

Case No:

You have failed to respond to the Courts Order from the XXXXX County Court.

On the 28th September 2009 District Judge XXXXX sitting at the XXXXX County Court, ORDERED you to pay the Defendant (Mr XXXXX ) costs of £6.10 by 4.00pm on the 12th October 2009.

As stated you have failed in sending me these costs, if I do not receive these costs by the 5th November I have no alternative but to take this further.

This will include Solicitors costs estimated £600 plus bailiffs costs which will be included on top of the amount outstanding.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward in your quick response.

Yours Faithfully

Gaz

Edited by Gazza112

Hi All

Just wanted to run over a letter with you all that i'm sending CL Finance in case it needs amending.

This is the letter.

28th October 2009

CL Finance Limited

C/o Senior Finance Manager

R.O. Kingston House

Centre 27 Business Park

Woodhead Road

Birstall, Batley

WF17 9TD

DearSir/Madem

Re: CL Finance Limited -v- XXXXXXXX

Case No:

You have failed to respond to the Courts Order from the XXXXX County Court.

On the 28th September 2009 District Judge XXXXX sitting at the XXXXX County Court, ORDERED you to pay the Defendant (Mr XXXXX ) costs of £6.10 by 4.00pm on the 12th October 2009.

As stated you have failed in sending me these costs, if I do not receive these costs by the 5th November I have no alternative but to take this further.

This will include Solicitors costs estimated at £600, plus bailiffs costs which will be included on top of the amount outstanding.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward in your quick response.

Yours Faithfully

Gaz

Just added a word and a comma:grin:

BCOBS

Weren't you going to get the courts to enforce it and put the £100 costs onto the bill:???:

Hi AA99

Yes, i contacted the Courts to enforce it and spoke to a person at the Courts. Was told there's 3 ways i could deal with this.

1. Request for Attachment of Earnings Order

2. Application for third party dept order

3. Request for Warrant of Execution

I was going to send a 7 day letter, which i put up to remind CL Finance what they would be facing if the do not pay the costs to me.

Then if the fail, hit them with a Warrant of Execution.

Gaz

Hi AA99

Yes, i contacted the Courts to enforce it and spoke to a person at the Courts. Was told there's 3 ways i could deal with this.

1. Request for Attachment of Earnings Order

2. Application for third party dept order

3. Request for Warrant of Execution

I was going to send a 7 day letter, which i put up to remind CL Finance what they would be facing if the do not pay the costs to me.

Then if the fail, hit them with a Warrant of Execution.

Gaz

Would that be with or without an iron bar inside the warrant :confused::rolleyes::-D

BCOBS

Would that be with or without an iron bar inside the warrant :confused::rolleyes::-D

CB guess you found out my plan, i was going to issue the Warrent myself:D:) .

I'll make sure the iron bar is padded just in case :eek::grin:.

Gaz

Gazza, probably too late now.. but I found this on the forums..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/66182-how-enforce-judgement.html

HTH

BCOBS

Gazza, probably too late now.. but I found this on the forums..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/66182-how-enforce-judgement.html

HTH

Hi CB

Thanks for finding that link for me, and no it wasn't to late.

Now i don't know weather i'm reading this wright, but it says that i can't issue a warrent under £600 is this wright.

A writ of fi fa (short for the Latin term fieri facias) is the High Court equivalent of a warrant of execution. It is an order to the Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer to seize and sell goods.

A writ of fi fa can only be issued for the full amount of the judgment debt, and must be for at least £600.00.

Gaz

Hmmm, yes that is the way I read it as well, Gazza..

So, I dont thnk we are any further forward with this are we. Hopefully someone who does know will pop in . :(

BCOBS

Hi CB

costs

Yes looks like it.

The only thing i could do is wait till i go fo that hearing in January.

See what the judge awards me, on my waisted costs, them file them both together.

As surely if they haven't responded to this order they won't respond to the other.

Then hit them with both orders at the same time.

Gaz

See what the judge awards me, on my waisted costs, them file them both together.

As surely if they haven't responded to this order they won't respond to the other.

Then hit them with both orders at the same time.

And make sure the judge knows that they ignored the last costs order:D

Davi