3 quick questions

tekkencat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just 3 little ones:

1. If the bank/cc card company decide to pay up do you HAVE to have it paid onto your account/card? or can it be paid by cheque?

2. I have got an overdraft - if the bank close my account what will happen to said overdraft?

3. Should i transfer to paracute account as soon as (im with Abbey and they are playing silly beggers already! and i only want statements!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

cheers

xx

1. You can ask for a cheque.

2. If the bank close your account, I'm guessing you'll have 30 days to pay back the overdraft.

3. You don't have to. I did, but only because I was sick of HSBC and thought it would be the best opportunity for me to regain control of my finances. as long as you've got a parachute account open just in case, then that's as far as you need to go for now.

Dani

just 3 little ones:

1. If the bank/cc card company decide to pay up do you HAVE to have it paid onto your account/card? or can it be paid by cheque?

You can make it a condition of settlement of the claim that they pay you however you like, i would recommend a cheque made out to you. i would make it a specific part of your claim if there are any issues you are concerned about.

2. I have got an overdraft - if the bank close my account what will happen to said overdraft?

I am not certain there is any allowance of time I think that they can ask for the money immeditately. however, if theyre only reason for closing it is because of your claim then they are in breach of the banking code i believe and you could point this out to them.

3. Should i transfer to paracute account as soon as (im with Abbey and they are playing silly beggers already! and i only want statements!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Personally i would recommend that you open a parachute account to sdave any problems. if they close your account then they only have hold of your overdraft.

Have yo u sent in a formal SAr request and the tenner?

If not this gives you the best opportunity to get the statments and allows you to take them to court if they dont provide them. If you ask nicely they will send them nicely, in three or four months time if they can be bothered.

HTh

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA