Shoosmiths/KPR/Nationwide credit card harrassment

sams88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have un update!!!

Received a letter form Shoosmiths yesterday (13/10) informing me thatNationwide are offering me a one off opportunity to give me a significant discount if I settle the account.

They obviously still do not realise I have no money!!!

They have asked me to call to discuss.

As usual, any advice very gratefully received!!!

(Still no sign of original documentation)

Sam

Hi Sam

I've read your thread and also the comment you left on the other thread about the Unenforcable cases being stayed.

Whilst sometimes it may be best to ignore certain letters and threats, I would recommend responding to letters from solicitors like Shoos, if only to be able to show at a later stage that you did not ignore them.

I agree that the 'offer' smacks of desparation in that they probably haven't got the valid agreement they need to get a CCJ. I suggest a reply to Shoos along the lines of ' I will consider your clients offer if they would send me a copy of the original signed agreement'. Don't make any counter offer at this stage and certainly don't accept.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi, a brief update on my thread. I sent letter to Shoosmiths basically saying what Docman advised. In the meantime I received another letter from Nationwide (2nd one) advising they cant send CCA request as I didnt sign letter. I have resent letter I sent before from here regarding no signature which Im presuming I am right to do?

Is this still worth pursuing with them with all thats going on in the news about unenforceable paperwork???

Nationwide's stance on a signature on a SAR is a typical delaying tactic. They claim they need a signature to 'identify' you as the data subject. Of course, that ignores the inconvenient fact that they have probably been writing to you at your address demanding money for some time. Are they saying they didn't check they were writing to the correct person BEFORE sending their threars? Bet not.

Personally, I squiggle my initials above my printed name on letters to banks DCAs etc. It looks nothing like my normal signature that I have provided to the banks etc on CCAs. Guess how may refusals I have had due to the wrong signature - ZERO! So much for checking identity.

Exactly!! They didnt verify it was me when I entered into the payment plan with them! So what happens if I just put my initials on the letter but it doesnt match what it on the agreement (if they actually have it?)

As far as I can tell, nothing. There is no legal requirement to sign a SAR. If you do so but can state that you recogise the initial squiggle as your mark, I can't see any wrong. Twenty years ago, I worked for a court offical who signed all court documents with a litle squiggle. It was only when I left the office and he signed my leaving card that I realised that he had a 'real' signature.

The problem, if any, is for Nationwide. If they check and see the squiggle does not match the signature on their file, then they should query the signature with you. You can then re-sign with other protections but honestly, I doubt they will notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Received from Shoosmiths yesterdsy (Sat).

A copy of my credit card application which was completed by myself in JAn 1998, along with a copy of their terms & conditions. I will try & put up on here but cant always get access to a scanner.

They have offerd me a reduced rate to settle before18th November (which I obviously cant do) or they will start legal proceedings!!!

All advice gratefully received!!

Thanks all.

Can you post up the application form and the terms & conditions without your peronal identifiers and then we can all see and comment?

Will post up at lunchtime, when I can get use of a scanner! Thanks Docman.

I hope this is readable!!!

Sorry I had lots of trouble attaching!!!

Hi, I dont think the attatchment is readable? Will try again later

Hope This One Is Better

Im guessing nobody has managed to have a look at this yet.

Im now thinking do I just hand everything to CCCS but after reading another post I still dont think they would stop action if I was paying a reduced amount.

sam1.jpg

sam1.jpg

It looks like Nationwide's standard APPLICATIO FORM. No prescribed terms at all. No wonder they made an offer of a reduction. Are the terms & conditions the ones current at the time of you signed the application. If so, is there any link between the two documents?

Otherwise, I suggst you have a choice:

1. Decide what amount you can afford to pay NOW and offer this as a full & final settlement. Make sure you mark your letter WITHOUT Prejudice.

2. Write back to Shoos to thank them for the copy of an application form and ask the to send the credit agreement (cheeky)

3. Write back to Shoos to thank them for the copy of an application form and then sit back and wait to they waste their money going to court with an unenforceable agreement.

Hi Docman, I have no idea if the terms and conditions are the same, they are just stapled together & have no dates or anything relating myself of the account together?

Is there an official-ish letter I can send?

I cant make an offer as I dont think they would take a couple of hundred quid!!! :D

It looks like Nationwide's standard APPLICATIO FORM. No prescribed terms at all. No wonder they made an offer of a reduction. Are the terms & conditions the ones current at the time of you signed the application. If so, is there any link between the two documents?

Otherwise, I suggst you have a choice:

1. Decide what amount you can afford to pay NOW and offer this as a full & final settlement. Make sure you mark your letter WITHOUT Prejudice.

2. Write back to Shoos to thank them for the copy of an application form and ask the to send the credit agreement (cheeky)

3. Write back to Shoos to thank them for the copy of an application form and then sit back and wait to they waste their money going to court with an unenforceable agreement.

NEVER use without prejudice as the letter cannot be used in any possible court action unless agreed to by both parties!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

BB

Puzzled as to why the letter shold not be without prejudice? Surley at this stage an offer should not be binding, especially as it looks like the agreement does not comply with the CCA?

Hi Docman, I have no idea if the terms and conditions are the same, they are just stapled together & have no dates or anything relating myself of the account together?

Do they make any reference to the Financial Ombudsman Service [FOS]?

Which is exactly why it shouln't be marked 'without prejudice'.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Yes. They should tell you what to do is you are not satisfied with the way Nationwide have dealt with a compliant. FOS only came into being in 2001, after you made the application. If the Terms make reference to FOS, then they can't be the ones around at the time you signed.