comet wont respond!

p10mmring
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Help please bought a Samsung Blu ray player from Comet 24/7/9 first day I had it rented 4 Blu rays discs 2 would not play took them back to blockbuster and they swapped them over they wernt to happy I think they thought I had just tryed to get 2 free movies! Anyway they did not play 100% either would lock up machine !!

I contactd comet who told me it was a firmware issue and i would need to update my player by plugging in in to the internet this I did on 23/8/9 the machine did as it was meant to updated its self and then turned off anyway after turning the player back on it would no longer play anything

I spoke to comet they told me to take it to my local branch were they would sort it out!! I told them i refused a repair as it was not fit for the purpose for which it was sold they refused to replace it as it was 31days old i told them that under SOGA i should have replacement or refunfd they refused saying they had to check it was faulty first this they have done and the agree its faulty But they still will not replace or refund Ihave sent letters but they dont even reply What can i do????

so you been down to the store where you brought it, and they have said they will not replace it?

dx

Edited by dx100uk
typo

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I have been back to the shop No they will do nothing but fix it I have given them a copy of SOGA they dont care at all!! Cant speak to trading standards officer only get to speak to consumer direct They have told me to send letter recorded del to head office againd done that no reply there just ignoring me! Looks like I will have no choice but to take them to court over this Very Poor service

• 3 weeks later...

Hi p10,

Before you go to the hassle of going to courts call up the Head office and speak to someone in the escalation team.This will get the ball rolling to get the issue sorted asap.

The problem here is the store would be instructed strictly by the manufacturer to get the unit send back to them for repair over normally a period of 28 days which means it normally is totally down to the service department or the manufacturer to get the item written off which would mean to you are entitled to a replacement product.

hope it helps