Default help please please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I need to urgently get an abbey default removed. Its massivly holding back my business (although im limited i cant get an overdraft or the finance i need so badly to expand). Not to mention my partner has the most amazing mortgage deal as a perk of her job i cannot use.

Here's a shot of my credit check:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/fiatcoupes/creditrep-1.jpg

Basically they withdrew an overdraft on the account for the sum of £600. I had about £180 on it, the rest is what they slapped on for charges, well within the authorised £600 though. I had paid over 50k through the account in the previous 12 months but because i was off work rather ill and not drawing any wages etc they pulled the overdraft. I did try and explain but there call centres are impossible.

I wasnt aware there was a problem till MBNA called me to notify me of "out of character" action on my credit report. They made me aware of the problem and i called Abbey that very day 15th Jan 09 and paid it in full.

The date on there shows it as settled 29/4/09 yet i paid it 15/1/09

Now i have this default to deal with. It seems harsh treatment for small change and its soo soo damaging. Ive paid it in full etc and think its a bit ott.

Ive put together a SAR and the usual request for the default notice but have had no reply so far.

Also on my report is this:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/fiatcoupes/virgin.jpg

Is this a default, it notes the word settled the same as the abbey jobbie.

Ive not had anything from Virgin, they tried to fit a phone line at that adress at that time but gave up and canclled the contract!!

Any advice on the best way of dealing with abbey would be MASSIVLY appreciated. Im at the point if i thought i could pay £1000 for a guaranteed removal i'd do so this second!

Please any help will be MOST appreciated.

are they not late payment markers not 'defaults' i though that was a D

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all.

I need to urgently get an abbey default removed. Its massivly holding back my business (although im limited i cant get an overdraft or the finance i need so badly to expand). Not to mention my partner has the most amazing mortgage deal as a perk of her job i cannot use.

Here's a shot of my credit check:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/fiatcoupes/creditrep-1.jpg

Basically they withdrew an overdraft on the account for the sum of £600. I had about £180 on it, the rest is what they slapped on for charges, well within the authorised £600 though. I had paid over 50k through the account in the previous 12 months but because i was off work rather ill and not drawing any wages etc they pulled the overdraft. I did try and explain but there call centres are impossible.

I wasnt aware there was a problem till MBNA called me to notify me of "out of character" action on my credit report. They made me aware of the problem and i called Abbey that very day 15th Jan 09 and paid it in full.

The date on there shows it as settled 29/4/09 yet i paid it 15/1/09

Now i have this default to deal with. It seems harsh treatment for small change and its soo soo damaging. Ive paid it in full etc and think its a bit ott.

Ive put together a SAR and the usual request for the default notice but have had no reply so far.

Also on my report is this:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/fiatcoupes/virgin.jpg

Is this a default, it notes the word settled the same as the abbey jobbie.

Ive not had anything from Virgin, they tried to fit a phone line at that adress at that time but gave up and canclled the contract!!

Any advice on the best way of dealing with abbey would be MASSIVLY appreciated. Im at the point if i thought i could pay £1000 for a guaranteed removal i'd do so this second!

Please any help will be MOST appreciated.

These aren't defaults, they're late payment markers. Now you've paid up, you have nothing to worry about...they will eventually drop off over the next 12 months. They will have a small impact on your credit score, that's about it.

Lucky you!!

Thanks for that. Lloyds told me i had a defult on the account from abbey so have been a little confused.

I note there is a delinquent on this, marked as settled (date inccorect though). How long will it be before the delinquent falls off my credit file?

Many Thanks.

Thanks for that. Lloyds told me i had a defult on the account from abbey so have been a little confused.

I note there is a delinquent on this, marked as settled (date inccorect though). How long will it be before the delinquent falls off my credit file?

Many Thanks.

Yeah, that shows you were quite a few payments late. It's only 1 year old and this particular CRA (Equifax...?) chooses to show account info for about 3 years. Some lenders will only look 12 months back, others 24, and others still even longer.

Just goes to show the vagaries of the whole credit reporting business. I wouldnt worry too much. These days those markers will be taken into account when making a decision, but that will vary wildly across the whole spectrum of potential lenders. If that's the worst on your file, I really would not worry about it.

• 4 years later...

hi there

I'm new to this site and not sure where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place!!!!

I have a problem with my credit report, i have a default on my report. however i dont belive this to be my fault. long story sort, i ended up going with spectrum finance to sort out my debts, one of which was with HFC/HSBC, now i payed them £89.90 a month, which they then use to pay my crediters,. it was arranged to pay HSBC £29.38 a month. back in 2011 spectrum decided, without my premission) to change the payment amount to £13.85. then after a thew months they up the payment to £17.90 again without my acknowledge. now this amount was to small to be able to cover the dedt as well as the intrest. this went on for 6-8 months(without us knowing). this lead to late payments on my credit report. that then turned in to a default!!! I've spoken to HSBC and they informed me that if the amount had stayed at £29.38 the dedt would have been payed of 6 months before the first late payment date!!! my question is how do i get the default removed ?? any help/ advice would be great!

many thanks deljava137