ridgeworth fairmile recoveries [AIC] and old Nationwide loan - new default registered.

chesterbing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having checked my credit file Fairmile Recovieries said i defaulted on aloan on 02/06/2006. I have never heard of this company or had any letters from pat creditors saying it had been sold to them. I last defaulted on a loan in 2001. So by now i thought this would have been taken off my file but it has not.I have not hidden from the debt as i have been on the electoral register since 2002 as shown on my credit file.

Can they do this?

And is the debt enforcable since i defaulted in 2001 not 2006?

I have tried contacting Fairmile to establish details of the debt but to no avail and after looking on this amazing site which i only found today and would definaitley donate too it seems they are a very dubious comapany

Having checked my credit file Fairmile Recovieries said i defaulted on aloan on 02/06/2006. I have never heard of this company or had any letters from pat creditors saying it had been sold to them. I last defaulted on a loan in 2001. So by now i thought this would have been taken off my file but it has not.I have not hidden from the debt as i have been on the electoral register since 2002 as shown on my credit file.

Can they do this?

I have tried contacting Fairmile to establish details of the debt but to no avail and after looking on this amazing site which i only found today and would definaitley donate too it seems they are a very dubious comapany

You'll need to start a new thread for this and you'll get answers specfic to your case and not trampling over someone elses thread :-D

That being said so long as you are sure there are 6 clear years between you being initially default and you acknowledging the debt in writing or by making a payment then its stat barred (5 years in scotland) You'll need to write to the CRA's complaining that the default date is incorrect and DEMAND they remove this error or you'll report them to the ICO as this debt is stat barred.

S.

You'll need to start a new thread for this and you'll get answers specfic to your case and not trampling over someone elses thread :-D

That being said so long as you are sure there are 6 clear years between you being initially default and you acknowledging the debt in writing or by making a payment then its stat barred (5 years in scotland) You'll need to write to the CRA's complaining that the default date is incorrect and DEMAND they remove this error or you'll report them to the ICO as this debt is stat barred.

S.

Cheers Shadow that I know have jumped on the bandwagon how do i start a new thread though have tried not pc literate at the ebst of times

Having checked my credit file Fairmile Recovieries said i defaulted on aloan on 02/06/2006. I have never heard of this company or had any letters from past creditors saying it had been sold to them. I last defaulted on a loan in 2001.Having entred into a agreemet with consumer credit services to bulk all my debts together and pay one monthly sum to them i admit i did default on this due to me losing my job.

As a result i obtained two ccjs which have now been paid off and cleared from my file.

So although my ccjs have been removed from my file the Default from ridgeworth Faimile has not due to them putting on my file in 2006 when the orginal default was in 2001/2

.I have not hidden from the debt as i have been on the electoral register since 2002 as shown on my credit file.Yet have had no letter or contact with this company .

Can they do this?

No it is defintiely not enforceable, especially after 8 years!

The time limit for any recovery action is 6 years.

As for it being on your credit file, if this is important to you you can always place a 'notice of correction' on their saying that this information is incorrect, and no such debt exists.

Have you spoken with the CRF (experian/equifax? Whoever it is?) And ask them why they have this information on their?

Also ask them for a copy of their complaints procedure, aswell as informing them that you are likely to make a complaint to the ICO if they do not remove the incorrect data.:D

FAIRMILE RECOVERIES (UK) LIMITED

KNOWLE HILL PARK

FAIRMILE LANE

COBHAM

SURREY

KT11 2PD

Company No. 06223746

Date of Incorporation: 24/04/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2008 (FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 24/04/2009

Next Return Due: 22/05/2010

Last Members List: 24/04/2009

Previous Names: Date of change Previous Name 09/05/2007 PIMCO 2631 LIMITED

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Many Thanks for taking the time to reply ,

yes i have spoken to Experian and ask that it is taken off my file for the follwing reasons

1. Have no knowledge of Ridgeworth Fairmile or any other debt i owe except the 2 ccjs which i cleared.

2. In 2001 i was subject to id fraud and this may or may not be related

They have 28days to reply to my letter wheather are going to remove it or not.

And after reading articles on this site it seems i have to inform the other 2 credit reference agenices also. I know of equifax but not the third one?

And also added the timescale if it was my debt then i defaulted in 2001/2 not 2006 as they suggest.

It is impotant to me to get it removed from my file as im trying to reapir my credit history and obtain a mortgage and normal bank account once again.

Sorry I have no idea who the third CRA is?

At least you have got the ball rolling in the right direction in getting it removed, undoubtedley they will send you a letter stating that they themselves cannot remove it without the OC requesting it be removed!

In which case, tell them you want their complaints procedure, and use it to it's entirety whilst making a complaint about the CRA to the ICO, CRA's and DCA's all pi55 in the same pot, a case of 'you scratch my back!'

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Update

What a suprise yesterday I recieved a letter from Ridgeworth Fairmile Recoveries the 1st in 3 years since they registred the default in my cra asking me to contact the within 14 days.

Not going to contact them but follow the complaints procedure through as the default was in 2001/2002 not 2006 as they state.

Though the letter does not state where the orginal debt orginated from or on what dateI defaulted on it.

You might be better sending Ridgeworth a 'prove it' letter first; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Then at least you'll know what your up against & then we'll be able to give more precise advice. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for that and the link but cant see where i download a template for the letter?

Do intend to write to them and ask them to explain the debt in full

Just copy & paste into Microsoft Word or whatever you use.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 3 weeks later...

Had a letter last week from a company called Response Credit Management acting on behalf of Ridgeworth Fairmile sayin that I owe them £10216 but will accept £5108 if i pay before 30/9/09 and they will clear default from my credit file. I spoke to experian and told them this and That I can 100% prove this debt is not mine . Ridgeworth Fairmile have not responded to Experian askinf for information the stupid thing is Experian says all they can do is keep writing every 7 days to Ridgeworth Fairmile. And that this can continue for up to 3 years. I disputed this and said surley there must be a cut off date and that Ridgeworth should replly to Experian the guy said no thats how ot works and is the law.So experian can hold incorrect information on my credit file for up to 6 years.Experian suggested I contact the CAB to which I replied but im paying you 6.99 a month to repair my credit file and ensure that the information is correct.How can these dubious debt collection agenices put incorrect information on our files yet flout the law by not replying to Experian with the correct information ie who are they chasing the debt for when did i supoosedly default on it etc.

Leaves me now very bitter and frustrated

That's why I set up my petition, ONLY the original creditor should be able to mark your credit file.

I also now believe the time is ripe for another petition - that a default on your file can only exist if 3 monthly payments have been missed - the default date CANNOT be extended or changed on the sale of the debt to a third party.

Tell experian that you want a copy of their complaints procedure sent immediatley, then use it to it's entirety.

Also make a formal complaint to the ICO Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Cancel the £6.99 a month you pay them and if you want to keep a tab on your credit file then consider using Free Credit Report now and every year - annualcreditreport for free.

But as DCA's and Credit reference agencies all pee in the same pot checking your credit file simply stirs up a hornets nest of unwanted attention and activity..

I am also certain I read on here somewhere??? That the going rate for incorrect entries placed on your credit file, currently stands at £1000!

Whether that is payable by the company responsible for placing the incorrect info on there or the CRA, I don't know??

That's why I set up my petition, ONLY the original creditor should be able to mark your credit file.

I also now believe the time is ripe for another petition - that a default on your file can only exist if 3 monthly payments have been missed - the default date CANNOT be extended or changed on the sale of the debt to a third party.

Totally agree with you well any petiton you start up again my name will be at the top

Tell experian that you want a copy of their complaints procedure sent immediatley, then use it to it's entirety.

Also make a formal complaint to the ICO Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Cancel the £6.99 a month you pay them and if you want to keep a tab on your credit file then consider using Free Credit Report now and every year - annualcreditreport for free.

But as DCA's and Credit reference agencies all pee in the same pot checking your credit file simply stirs up a hornets nest of unwanted attention and activity..

I am also certain I read on here somewhere??? That the going rate for incorrect entries placed on your credit file, currently stands at £1000!

Whether that is payable by the company responsible for placing the incorrect info on there or the CRA, I don't know??

Well I have spoke tp Experian today again and made a formal complaint to the Information Commissoners Office that the details are incorrect as I said in my orginal thread at start I did default on loans in 2001 and paid off 2 ccjs but have no idea of this loan or Ridgeworth Fairmile and now its Response Credit Managment sending me letterson Behalf of Ridgeway Fairmile.And have been on the electoral roll since 2002 so not as if I was hiding from my responsibiltes this deafult had just appeared om my cra file in 2006 from nowhere.

But thanks alot for your information re free credit report I see no point in paying experian 6.99 a month

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Have recieved a reply form experian today that they are not going to remove the default from my file as Ridgeworth Fairmile purchased the debt from Nationwide in june 2006 this is a loan I did default on in 2001 so it is past the 6 years so can Ridgeworth now add this for a further 6 years now they have purchased the debt?

Update

Have recieved a reply form experian today that they are not going to remove the default from my file as Ridgeworth Fairmile purchased the debt from Nationwide in june 2006 this is a loan I did default on in 2001 so it is past the 6 years so can Ridgeworth now add this for a further 6 years now they have purchased the debt?

HAs there already been a Default on your file when Nationwide had it? e.g. did Nationwide place a Default there aswell?

I also seem to recall that Defaults should be placed on Credit Files within a reasonable time

Finally, is the debt actually Statute Barred?

H