*** WON - BC charges repaid with Compound Interest ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fenris,

Sorry about the wrong link - it's now been corrected above.

Re the WCO figures, see what the WCO link suggests.

As regards costs per letter, just have one figure to cover postage and stationery @ 50p.

Letter writing - I would reduce this slightly to 0.5 or 0.75 hrs per letter.

Bundle research and prep'n looks fine, as does the printing costs. Travel costs fine too.

Read and follow the WCO guide and include what I said about the bank entering a defence with no intention of submitting evidence to back it up. They made you jump through all the hoops and only agreed to settle when they saw you had followed through with your court bundle in preparation for the hearing.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, cool, thanks.

So I should hand the letter in tomorrow but say in it that I still wish to attend the hearing to discuss the wasted costs? Just checking as that page doesn't actually say anything about using the hearing to ask for costs. :)

The WCO Article suggests you use the Article Letter to inform the court that settlement has been reached and that no further action is required.

However, you go on to ask that your costs be considered, etc.

So you'll :-

1. Write the letter to the court. Include the points that I made above and make the letter personal to your case.

2. Attach a list or spreadsheet setting out your costs.

3. Enclose the Draft General Form of Judgement or Order.

Take this to the court and ask them if this should be left for consideration by the judge, or if you should attend to address the court in person.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

You're probably not going to see this by the time I go out in an hour, but I can't work this out so I've got to ask: on the Draft Order am I supposed to fill in all the XXXXX parts, or leave them blank for the Court to do? Seems a bit presumptuos of me to fill it in and I can't find a definative answer anywhere!

You should replace the XXX's with your Court Claim No and the name of your court.

The idea is that you provide the court with your suggestion for the court's next move. If the judge agrees, he'll adopt the draft doc't and if not, you'll be told what happens instead.

8-)