JSA - Terrified - only been signed on for 2 weeks.

gilliana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How I understand it, from my job advisor is I have to perform X amount of actions per week - that includes job searches, job applications and so on.

So I have to do 6 "Actions" a week, that can be 6 job searches - I am not obliged to apply for x amount of jobs per week, since here at least, there often is not any new jobs, not suitable ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From my experience it only counts as a viable job search, if you have visited the job centre and looked through the vacancies and then seen an Advisor to ask about the said jobs, nothing else matters to them.

It has to be logged onto their computers, its the only proof they will accept.

When I had interviews I used to take plenty of replies I had received from employers and copies of application forms, they never even looked at them.

You can write what you like in a booklet, what proof is that of anything?

When you sign on these days you have to be very careful what you say to them and ALWAYS apply for the jobs they give to you.

As long as you will be no worse off with the wage as you are when on benefit you have no choice in the matter.

Be warned, they are looking for any excuse to stop peoples benefit, you're just a number to them.

They have a quoter to fill otherwise they lose their job.

Couldnt have said it better myself. During my 13 week review I saw some things I was supposed to have said on the computer when the advisor turned it around for me too look at the 6 jobs a fortnight thing that she was reminding me about, I was astonished and so you have to be so careful what you say you are right. :!:

And yes they are looking for ways to stop your benefits because their jobs are on the line if they dont fulfil their monthly quota. My advisor said to me on the day that this particular job centre was being investigated because, she went on to say, they are achieving their targets. Further to this she said other job centres are taking notice of them because she said we are 'doing our jobs properly'. :|

It must vary by jobcentres - but I have used 2 - 1 in yorkshire and 1 now back home in wales - and as long as I am searching, recording my search and where - ie directgov, monster, local council recruitment, local newspaper etc, that is what is important.

Its "Actions" and carrying out a job search every day is an "action" I was getting extremely nervous just when I came back on in the summer, I had just managed to find the minimum amount of jobs and appplied, and was panicking because I knew there was not going to be 6 jobs a week every week I could apply for, and thats when they explained to me that searches, enquiring about training, sending speculative letters/emails to enquire if vacancies will be coming up at an employer all count as "actions" and towards your weekly target. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does vary... one JC I know you only have to apply online.for jobs .. another one is quite lenient as a friend of mine goes there and shes forgotten her job log a few times and theyve just said oh well bring it in next time.

After my signing this week Im changing my job centre to one thats less harsh. The one Im in has got to be the harshest one in this region. But yes you need to be doing actions such as looking in newspapers applying online going to job points emailing and phoning recruitment agencies etc etc but my advisor told me your job search must also include and show x6 job applications x6 phone calls to employers x6 access to job points as well as all your other searches in between signings :jaw:

Edited by Elliebes
spelling mistake

Yes again I agree but at this job centre we have no choice. Ive even offered up my job log and said to them you can photocopy it if you like and they've declined...then why? Because my job log would blind anyone with science and they cant be bothered to look at it. One young lady put her elbows on one of my job logs and picked up the phone to call someone..I asked her what she was doing?.....erm Im sending you somewhere to help you look for jobs?? Erm I said then what is the point of giving you my job log to look at? :madgrin: Oh she replied.....I thought you said you couldnt use computers..?? duhhh.:jaw:.I was nearly speechless...Then what did I type that with I said? My feet? Oh sorry I thought you said........I never said anything of the kind.

Its also my evidence of job searches in case they stop my benefits and I have to go to Tribunal.:-D

How I understand it, from my job advisor is I have to perform X amount of actions per week - that includes job searches, job applications and so on.

So I have to do 6 "Actions" a week, that can be 6 job searches - I am not obliged to apply for x amount of jobs per week, since here at least, there often is not any new jobs, not suitable ones.

you have to beware they dont try and push you to go further and further away,in many cases the cost of fares would not be viable for the low pay typically found at the job centre in all reality your wasting time and money as the company automatically takes a dim view "all the way from" they would expect you to,also typically some these jobs are hard to fill as there isn't any suitable public transport for the majority and are totally inaccessible this hasn't stopped them submitting people saying "we didnt see that" "amazing what you can do when you try" "go for the job you might not get it" being typical.

They are doing this already JSA12...my advisor said we want you to look further away for jobs..such as at least two bus rides or a train ride away.

Anyway I contacted 5 recruitment agencies today and only one wanted to meet with me the rest just said send in your CV by email. Well Ive done my bit. What more can you do.

But yes it can be expensive...i have to go to the library to post my CVs as my netbook only has microsoft word on it and what a pain in the derrier that is...grrr and I dont have the money to download microsoft word.

Went to the library printed off my job log and sent out about three CVs. Turned up at the Jobby and handed in my card to sign on in the usual alphabetical place. Got kept waiting half an hour and once again got shown to a PERSONAL ADVISOR. Ive only ever done two normal signings since I signed on and I want to know why Im constantly being referred to personal advisors?. I might put a complaint in.

Anyway he said apologised for the time Ive been kept waiting and said youve been referred to me because youve not given any bank account details on our computers and we want to know why your receiving Giros? Oh I said well I came here to ask the same thing actually. I couldnt understand when I changed my address I also gave my bank details. to the person on the phone..oh he said ok.....er have you got your bank details with you? mmmmm Yes here is my card I said. Oh right ok I will enter the details on here.....then he just gave me my signing form said sign here and tarrar...............he never even looked at my job log or asked me any other questions. By the time Id got to him my blood pressure and anxiety levels were through the roof....I was kept waiting over half an hour for what should have been a normal signing......the same as the week before and the week before that.........I dont know why they are doing this to me? Its pretty obvious they cant get me on the job logs so they are sniffing around to try to stop my benefits or delay them or what ever they are doing and Im sick to death of it........do you think I should complain? :-x Ive seen four PAs since 9/12/10

Edited by Elliebes
additional info

It wouldn't surprise me if they've been instructed to suspend EVERYONES benefit if at all possible.

If that's true they could save millions of pounds every week, and that's what its all about....saving money.

We've had high levels of unemployment for years but they never used to resort to this kind of thing before.

Their priority used to be to get you a job, but now its changed.

The way things are going it's unusual NOT to have your benefit suspended.

Think your right there Frank. And the next 4 weekly signings will somehow enable them to stop my benefits in some way or other. Im off tomorrow to get my file transferred to a more lenient JC. This advisor scenario is unacceptable and its bullying and harassment :x Im supposed to be seeing another advisor tomorrow!! Ive got a doctors appointment on the 11th to discuss with him the hypertension stress and anxiety this place is causing me. :madgrin:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks