MY COURT DATE

Guest stephen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest stephen

My first court date has been set for the March the 30th, 10.30am it at the Plymouth County Court, If anyone can attend the court please do, we need to show the my claim against the banks is off public importance.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible after we can all have a drink there a nice local pub next to the court.

wishing you all the best for the day Stephen! :D

sorry i would love to come but its just a bit too far out for me.

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Guest stephen

Well thankfully I now have a QC working on the case for me as well so its going to be a very intresting day,

Good luck. Plymouth is my old stomping ground...but now I live too far away to attend...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well thankfully I now have a QC working on the case for me as well so its going to be a very intresting day,
Isn't that expensive? Can you claim back costs for using them?

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Guest stephen

Normally yes to have a QC it would cost a lot

However, I have applied for legal aid so it should cost me very little if anything at all.

They court hearing will be going ahead as there is no settlement opportunity in my claim.

Guest stephen

Long process I had to do a letter to them the Solicitors done a letter and the barrister is doing them same, plus had to get my accountant to fill in forms, they wanted information form the company my wife works at.

So hopefully I should just waiting on conformation.

Guest stephen

yes this is the beginning or the end,

the hearing is about if i have the right to bring the claim, when it proven that i do, then the really battle begins,

this part in my eyes is the hardest hurdle i face once past it the bank will know there charges will soon be declared unlawful.

Would love to join you, but I'm afraid work beckons for next Thursday :(

Hope it goes well though!

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

I was under the impression from other threads that a county court decision will only affect the claim it is dealing with...and therefore Stephen's case should not affect anyone else's (in terms of the outcome...)

If I'm mistaken then please let me know...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest stephen

no it will not effect your claims, however if/when it goes to the high court and I/we win then, you find the banks will be refunding when peopel ask.

LOL - as it's a foregone conclusion you would expect the banks to be paying now...

No it's not a foregone conclusion. Stephen has right on his side, but the banks have the best, most expensive lawyers who can pour endless amounts of money (ours!) into the case.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

My first court date has been set for the March the 30th, 10.30am it at the Plymouth County Court, If anyone can attend the court please do, we need to show the my claim against the banks is off public importance.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible after we can all have a drink there a nice local pub next to the court.

who is the first defendant please ? or is it all 8 ?

thanks

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks