Nationwide have given me some money what do i do?

lee6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a claim going against Nationwide (£725 plus interst & costs), they have until 3rd April.

However today i got a letter, it didn't mention my court action, just said thanks for getting in touch about your charges, don't normally do this blah, blah, but here's the last 2 months charges back.

Checked my account and they have returned £120.00, i've checked with money claim and they haven't acknowledge my claim.

What should i do, say nothing and continue with my claim but just knock the £120.00 off when it comes to them paying or contact them and ask there the rest of my money is?

What should i do, say nothing and continue with my claim but just knock the £120.00 off when it comes to them paying or contact them and ask there the rest of my money is?

Send them another letter reminding them that they have XX days left to resolve the matter. If it goes to court, just acknowledge the payment they have already made by deducting that from your claim.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Got a phone call from Nationwide yesterday, have offered me £315.00 in full and final settlement, told them thanks i'll take the money but not in full and final settlement, If they want to settle they need to pay full amount.

I was then told ok, we'll give you the £315.00 anyway!!!

Checked this morning and it's not in my account yet, unless they are sending a cheque.

The thing is i've also checked money claim this morning and they haven't even acknowledge my claim, not sure what's going on.

Don't worry about it, the wheels of justice will be turning slowly but surely. In the fianl reckoning, they'll have to give you back all your dosh or face the judge...

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Sorry but I have only just seen this thread. I would have advised you to have no contact but merely to proceed as you suggested in your original post and then knocked the money off later.

No point in doing the bank any favours.

A shame that you alerted them

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks