Landy v M&S PPI / **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That Times report backs up what i have thought for the last 6 months, now is the time to get our complaints into the FOS.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Times report backs up what i have thought for the last 6 months, now is the time to get our complaints into the FOS.

PF

Things wont change there overnight because of a newspaper story--it'll be the same untrained staff for the forseeable future with the resultant uninformed resolutions still being sent out to claimants who genuinely believe that they are dealing with a fully professional service.

Things wont change there overnight because of a newspaper story--it'll be the same untrained staff for the forseeable future with the resultant uninformed resolutions still being sent out to claimants who genuinely believe that they are dealing with a fully professional service.

While this is true I believe that they need to be aware that we now know of there shenanigans.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

PF

While this is true I believe that they need to be aware that we now know of there shenanigans.

PF

I think me n you have been telling the FOS for some time, PF :lol: They have had my complaint since July of last year. I have received several letters telling me, my complaint has been passed to someone.. however, during a recent telephone conversation with FOS, I was advised that just because it had been passed on for someone to deal with.. didnt actually mean it was being dealt with :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I was advised that just because it had been passed on for someone to deal with.. didnt actually mean it was being dealt with :rolleyes:

According to the Times report there are 700 ''advisors'', so only another 699 'trained for one day,bonus seeking individuals' to pass it onto!

Hi PF, MM, Citb et al:)

PF

Just to confirm what a mess the FOS are in, on another of my ongoing complaints they recently sent a letter thanking me for my telephone call in which I asked for my complaint to be fast tracked............when in fact all I had done was write asking for the promised two-month update:confused:

Suffice to say I still haven't received that update - which was due in early October!

What with that and the MBNA fiasco - any faith I had in the FOS is fast running out.............and that's not to mention all your troubles PF:eek:

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

indeed Landy im in the same boat as you so you can have my life jacket !!!

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

indeed Landy im in the same boat as you so you can have my life jacket !!!

Why thank you Sir:lol:

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi Guys and Girls:)

Just a quick update -

Mr L has today called M&S as per Middenmess's recommendation and tried calling their bluff by threatening to go to the FOS with a compromise by way of meeting them half way between their offer and my calcs.

No success with this as apparently whilst they understood where he was coming from on the CI front, their policy is to not refund CI under any circumstances so the idea of a compromise didn't wash with them:(

Knowing that the FOS is unlikely to award the CI either, I think we may just accept their offer now as this money would come in handy with Christmas coming up.

Thanks for all your help with this guys!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Their refusal was not unexpected -I hope that they will confirm that in writing.

I haven't dealt with M&S and haven't claimed for PPI so I can only speak of what I know which is dealing with Halifax cc and return of late charges.

In conversation with them I was told that it is a three stage process when dealing with claims.

Number one is to deny and offer pittance.

Number two is to up the offer a tadge and advise that's it,there will be no more.

Number three is to settle at a respectable figure,but not quite all that you are asking for,and avoid a complaint to the Ombudsman service.

[Number four would be going to court I presume]

The only downside to accepting the offered amount would be if you have other claims against the same card provider/company as they will have on record at which point of the process they have persuaded you to discontinue.

I do agree however that it would be a tidy sum to enjoy the festive season with.

Edited by middenmess
typos

But you must make it clear to them that you accept on condition that they do not drag out this claim in longer and a payout and closure has to be swift.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hi MM and PF:)

Thanks for your advice!

Unfortunately we do have another claim on the same card - for unfair charges - and the thought had already crossed my mind that they could use this capitulation against us, particularly as that claim has also reached a state of deadlock with M&S offering £200ish against a request for £800ish (a small amount I know, but it's the principle of the matter!)

In the matter of the charges, they are saying they cannot refund the whole amount because certain charges were to do with legal action taken against Mr L before he repaid the account in full last year. Unfortunately at that time Mr L had his head buried in the sand and has no recollection of any letters received referring to legal proceedings. If there were any such letters he probably would have shredded them without opening them/telling me. I do know the last letter received before we settled the account was from M&S's solicitor.

Anyway, Mr L wants to accept the PPI offer and as it's his account I suppose I should go along with this. As I've said before, I feel the FOS will keep us waiting for ages and may ultimately come to the conclusion that M&S have complied with their guidelines - so a long wait could be in vain.

The acceptance form we received back in August said payment would be received within 14 days of M&S receiving it, so hopefully they'll keep to their word. It's just a shame they didn't tell us back then that there was no way they would be increasing their offer instead of dragging it out a few more months:(

As for the charges claim - I'm not sure what to do with that yet - I need to prove that the legal action did actually take place. Could I do a CPR 31.16 request to find that out?

Many thanks again,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Have you got to send an acceptance form back?

If not accept the cheque that they are sending & then take it to FOS, that is what I am thinking of doing with mine.

Hi Natalie:)

Yes, we do have an acceptance form that they sent back in August. I suppose we could just write accepting the offer but not mentioning Full and Final and without returning the acceptance form. Whether they will accept this is another matter though!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you:)

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi everyone:)

Well after consultation with Mr L (it being his account after all!) we have today returned the acceptance form to M&S. We sent it special delivery and specifically requested that the refund is received within 7 working days, so hopefully they will abide by our request.

Will update once cheque has cleared and the thread title can then be amended to 'won'.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support on this one:D

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Well after consultation with Mr L (it being his account after all!) we have today returned the acceptance form to M&S. We sent it special delivery and specifically requested that the refund is received within 7 working days, so hopefully they will abide by our request.

Will update once cheque has cleared and the thread title can then be amended to 'won'.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support on this one:D

Regards,

Landy x

waiting for the instruction for amended title.

If I miss the post pm me to josstle me into action

Looking good well done.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Landy,

Well Done you are happy so at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Regards

PF:)

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Thanks guys - as usual it's the support of all you wonderful Caggers that's kept me going:D

I just read on another thread about a Scottish Widows insurance policy, which reminded me that's potentially my next one to tackle - Mr L and I had these foisted upon us when we took out a mortgage with C&G (good old Lloyds again). We only paid it for about a year, but it was pretty pricey if I remember rightly.

I think we had business and critical illness cover, but need to check the paperwork. I believe we were sold this product instead of PPI on the mortgage and remember the sales guy in our local LTSB branch being most insistant that we took it. God knows what the business cover was for - we didn't have a business:eek:

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Thanks guys - as usual it's the support of all you wonderful Caggers that's kept me going:D

I just read on another thread about a Scottish Widows insurance policy, which reminded me that's potentially my next one to tackle - Mr L and I had these foisted upon us when we took out a mortgage with C&G (good old Lloyds again). We only paid it for about a year, but it was pretty pricey if I remember rightly.

I think we had business and critical illness cover, but need to check the paperwork. I believe we were sold this product instead of PPI on the mortgage and remember the sales guy in our local LTSB branch being most insistant that we took it. God knows what the business cover was for - we didn't have a business:eek:

I reckon the banks have been swapping all your information :-o

You may have to start claims with banks in Mongolia if the news has got that far :D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 7 working days were up yesterday and no cheque arrived from M&S - didn't think they would stick to my timescale to be honest!

Mr Landy called them today - they assured him the cheque was posted on the 7th Dec and that he should receive it very soon. Of course it could be caught up in the pre-Christmas rush, but if it hasn't arrived by Saturday another complaint form will be winging its way to the FOS;)

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have better news!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

The cheque has finally arrived this morning, although it's rather annoying as Mr L is not here and I cannot get to his bank to pay it in for him.

Once it is banked and cleared I will post up and my thread title can be changed to 'won':D

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

well done you!!!!

couldn't have happened at a better time, enjoy your Christmas refund :D

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

well done you!!!!

couldn't have happened at a better time, enjoy your Christmas refund :D

Thanks Birchave0 - hope you have some similar good luck soon:)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded