What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why not ask for an adult social worker - explain you are finding it difficult to cope and a support worker would be able to help you through the minefield. It is quite daunting sometimes when you find you know more than the organisations who are supposed to help you.

I know a lot more about debt and debt collecting than the local CAB - and have asked about volunteering for them but they are 'fully covered' now by 'trained' people - 'trained' people who tell you to 'pay up or bailiffs will call' when the debt is statute barred and no payment should be made!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How useless both Audiology and my GP are. It's bloody obvious there's something far more wrong than my hearing more sensitive than it should be. Ok, we'll just ignore the fact that I'm pretty much housebound because too much noise hurts. They know that - neurology did say that too much noise gives me migraine.

Just hope ENT are of some use.

Nystagmite

I know this may sound daft but have you thought of the sprung head muffs. You can adapt them by filling out some of the space with muffle foam.

The same for the nice look of full size headphones. It would look snazzy and maybe help?. I'll add another post shortly...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Just had an email from a charity event for my illness and disability.

The group even car share for a donation of £1-50.. The group meetings are twice a month.

Now I'm cooking so to speak. This is a new group hence why it's not yet advertised. Pride gets in the way for asking for help. Being 50+ it's hard asking for help.

It's now time to swallow my pride and look forward to meeting like minded people.

Now instead of wanting to swear I want to smile. What a great day today is... (for a change) 😆

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Have you had the meeting yet MM?

Just wondered how it went. :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A email from Amazon ( USA one ) saying if I do not reply they will destroy my account! lol I hardly ever have anything from them and I only use the UK site so bye then

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

If you look closely, you'd probably see it's a [problem]. On that note - there's a lot of them going around claiming to be from HMRC. I received on last week which told me to act by February 31st to receive a £264 tax rebate. Hmmm. Slight problem - no such date and I'm not owed any tax.

I did not click on the link it gave me as had a a feeling it was a problem!, ooooo February 31st? lmao!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Caro it was nice but... I had to make my own way there 40 mins by bus and walking. Which for me is hard.

The people there were great. We had a speaker from the fire service.

Then had a general discussion. At the end of the meeting 2130 I had to find my way to the bus stop which I had forgotten. So used my mobile to get me to the bus stop all in all it took me 75 minutes to get home. (2 miles thats all) Not good.. apart from the transport issue I would go to the meetings. So I am now looking to get a mobility scooter again. But costs keep it just out of my reach. They are just £650 oh well something to work on...

Thanks for asking

Caro it was nice but... I had to make my own way there 40 mins by bus and walking. Which for me is hard.

The people there were great. We had a speaker from the fire service.

Then had a general discussion. At the end of the meeting 2130 I had to find my way to the bus stop which I had forgotten. So used my mobile to get me to the bus stop all in all it took me 75 minutes to get home. (2 miles thats all) Not good.. apart from the transport issue I would go to the meetings. So I am now looking to get a mobility scooter again. But costs keep it just out of my reach. They are just £650 oh well something to work on...

Thanks for asking

Sounds like it would be worthwhile if you enjoyed it. Have you thought about looking for a second hand scooter on ebay? I sold one myself not too long back for a member of my family.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have my eye on 3 atm 2 not really good enough the 3rd more like it would do the job. That's the one that's going to cost me £650.00 providing I could save it in 3 weeks.

Unlikely but I can but try. Suffice to say if I miss this one there will be others.

What makes things hard is being disabled in 2 minutes flat. Not being able to be like you used to be. This I miss. Like going to work, things like this. Unfortunately I am but 1 of 5500 people in the UK like I am. Not good. A bit of housework is so hard at times in as much as trying to hoover my lounge can often wipe me out.

I so much want to keep pushing myself but my body says hang on a minute my brain says nothing wrong. I listen to my brain far too often and my body goes it's own way. Normally horizontally more times than I would care to admit. I am the typical older gentleman that thinks it's too much to ask for someone too help me as I find it too hard and that others have better things to do than check up/in on me.

At 54 I should be doing so much more but alas I can't I know this. So I make the best of what I know I can do and that is to make sure others don't have to struggle as I do.

Me I am just a guy that sits all alone at home and watches the world buzz past him wishing that he had the strength and ability to do the same...

I smile everyday at the world and what I get back is 'what are you smiling at mate'?

If they only knew...

I have my eye on 3 atm 2 not really good enough the 3rd more like it would do the job. That's the one that's going to cost me £650.00 providing I could save it in 3 weeks.

Unlikely but I can but try. Suffice to say if I miss this one there will be others.

What makes things hard is being disabled in 2 minutes flat. Not being able to be like you used to be. This I miss. Like going to work, things like this. Unfortunately I am but 1 of 5500 people in the UK like I am. Not good. A bit of housework is so hard at times in as much as trying to hoover my lounge can often wipe me out.

I so much want to keep pushing myself but my body says hang on a minute my brain says nothing wrong. I listen to my brain far too often and my body goes it's own way. Normally horizontally more times than I would care to admit. I am the typical older gentleman that thinks it's too much to ask for someone too help me as I find it too hard and that others have better things to do than check up/in on me.

At 54 I should be doing so much more but alas I can't I know this. So I make the best of what I know I can do and that is to make sure others don't have to struggle as I do.

Me I am just a guy that sits all alone at home and watches the world buzz past him wishing that he had the strength and ability to do the same...

I smile everyday at the world and what I get back is 'what are you smiling at mate'?

If they only knew...

I hope you don't take offence at this MM, and you probably already know, but maybe you could get help with buying one, http://www.disability-grants.org/grants-for-mobility-scooters.html

What's Best for You?

I have my eye on 3 [mobility scooters] atm 2 not really good enough the 3rd more like it would do the job. That's the one that's going to cost me £650.00 providing I could save it in 3 weeks.

Drop me a PM and we might be able to work something out. A family member has a Pride Colt to dispose of if she can get a fair price for it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Mr P thanks for the offer I live in Southend on Sea Essex.

Also due to my disabilities I had a very serious episode in October '15 where I collapsed in my kitchen and smashed head first in to the floor.

The injuries were severe, 5" contusion to my temple and forehead. That caused a serious bleed in my right eye.

Two broken wrists. Sight in my right eye is very bad atm. So had to send my mobility scooter back to Motabilty.

This was done in 11/15. So I have been almost housebound since then. I have no support from adult social services I pay for a carer to visit near meal times. Plus overnight care too.

I really would like a scooter again but I am very frightened I could hurt someone if I had an episode whilst riding. As I spent most of my time riding in the road. As it was safer for me believe it or not.

I will PM you to see how much and where so thank you my friend .. This old man is smiling right now.

Bless you....

not so much swear but to ask "why", people going on about Valentnes day! Just another day, why do you need a special day to say, " I love you ? " It means nothing to me, specially at 10 years ago today we said goodbye to our little Miss Sunshine, aged 8 weeks! I so pray one day they will find how to prevent Cot Death ( SIDS ) and get government help :(

Gone but never forgotten, Alisha Marie xx

Snowdragon sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Some further information to my posts above...

It was suggested that I contact Age Concern (AC), why? Well AC offer a taxi service of sorts that allow volunteer drivers to collect you and return you home for various meeting and appointments. This service is bookable in advance if you know the dates and times.

This I confirmed yesterday at my local branch. The cost is 45p per mile and we'll worth knowing...

Secondly I mentioned cooking a few months ago and disabilities. Why. As many know we as disabled people often have 'issues' when cooking alone. What with getting distracted and having a fire. Also how to cook safely. I mentioned this to my LA about 18 months ago.

Yesterday I get another call from them stating that there had been numerous enquiries about this during this time frame.

The result is the our LA has started a safe cookery course for disabled residents. TBH I had forgotten that I had asked about this. But unbeknown to me they had listened to it. This is because there had been a number of fires at council properties due to disabled residents trying to live like normal people.

This course has been running only recently but they had forgotten to notify me lol. Dohh!

Now then my friends not only do I have a new group to visit, I have new friends. I also have the option to go out for the day with my new friends. We can have fun days out in new towns. Nights out for meals cinema and much more.

All of this because I swallowed my pride and asked for help. ..

not so much swear but to ask "why", people going on about Valentnes day! Just another day, why do you need a special day to say, " I love you ? " It means nothing to me, specially at 10 years ago today we said goodbye to our little Miss Sunshine, aged 8 weeks! I so pray one day they will find how to prevent Cot Death ( SIDS ) and get government help :(

Gone but never forgotten, Alisha Marie xx

I agree. This time of year is just awful for me. We put one of dogs to sleep on Tuesday and yesterday marks 2 years since Granddad died. (and yes, I will be glad when this week is over, strange to say the least - Jacko being put to sleep was not expected)

How judgmental some people are

Whilst I dont understand the need to have a special day to say "I love you", just think of the £millions of lost revenue the card industry would suffer if the day was scrapped !

Then the jewelers and other gift stores.

Hotels and holiday companies

Probably £zilllions world wide !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well done MM. I wonder if they have a course like that in my area. My right arm is playing up again due to a trapped nerve and I managed to burn myself getting something out of the oven the other day. I will ask in the local Age Concern office next time I go to the shops.

my daughters dad ( the ex ) who thinks he is only one allowed to see our granddaughter, he takes over and makes her feel inadequate and invisible , a Mr know all, big head. He would just love to have granddaughter all to himself and bring her up his way!. Anyone think it was him who gave birth to her and his way is only way, anything her sees or hears he always knows better! we call him Doctor.know all! He even resents the time my daughter spends with me which is normally the weekend, he wants to go round her house all the time but only to see little girl! :-x