What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my pc deciding it now wants to run in safe mode and will not do a system restore, any help welcome, I have not done anything to it.I cam to put it on today and it is running in safe mode so it is making it very hard to do anything.I have shut it down and restarted it but still doing same, was fine last night, I am using Windows Vista home premium. Comp is about 3 years old, have tried system restore but when it has finished it I get a message saying unknown error prevented it doing it.

Bobcat. Start a new thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?261-Technical-Computer-IT-Console-SatNav-Questions

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Sod'em

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow, that is going to make me swear, no end!

If any one else is up for this proceeder it's not as bad as it sounds and with an array of pain killers, you'll get through it..

This is my second and you do what you have to do but I still want to swear.

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

You are a brave man. I had one 20 years ago and I screamed so loudly they knocked me out with a general anaesthetic.

Good luck.

Thanks for your words of comfort, I'll try not to scream as loud as you did but who knows?

And no I'm not brave at all!

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

I've been dodging pedestrians for about three weeks now on a Motorway in Edinburgh !!! what people will do for a Krispy Kreme Doughnut :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hearing the Lottery money used for the Olympics was a 'loan'. I thought they were giving the money. I see it as the people paying twice for the privilege, once by the taxpayer repaying the loan and twice by the people who buy lottery tickets which makes money for this non contestable monopoly money making machine.

I have a conspiracy theory:madgrin: It's really a Bank in disguise! It's a back up if the Banks have got more bad news.

Edited by determindator

The lottery makes me swear at any time because Camelot profit from it. IMO all the money should go to good causes and there should be no need for a health lottery as the NHS should be properly funded!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Bloody phone! It supposedly had a software upgrade. I was away over the weekend and spent the afternoon in Brighton and needed to call someone to be met. All my contacts were gone apart from one and on messages, it comes up the numbers and not the names of people.

And nothing has improved with the battery. I am still being told to connect my charger when it's still on blue / green.

Rushing like a madman to get the train only to see it slowly pulling away from the platform. Worst bit was I put on a sweat trying to get there in time and stewing in it for an hour until the next train.

I was listening to the radio this morning, and there was a lady on a phone in about bedroom tax, now I don't know her circumstances as to why she's on HB, but her call really made me want to swear.

She lived with her Son in a 3bed, the third bedroom was a box room, just big enough for a single bed - her rent was £91pw.

She has had to move to a 2bed flat, and the rent for that is £103pw!! Utter madness!!!

But the poor woman was sobbing on the phone, she said that the flat she had to take rather swiftly, or she risked being evicted, was partially furnished, so she had to give up her cooker and washing machine - she explained that she'd lived in her previous home for a few decades, has paid rent for the most part of those decades, and has not only had to lose her home, some of her furnishings, but also her memories :|

She also no longer has a garden, to hang her washing in, or let her grandchildren play in etc.

Bless her, it sounded as if her life had been turned upside down!

But what made me swear the most about it all was, it's not saved the government any money whatsoever - in fact it's actually cost them another £12pw!

Edited by duckwaddler
Because I can't add up lol!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

opening some cheese purchased for Tesco's and finding it was green! yuk. Thing is can not find my receipt for it and only bought it other day :(

DW The bedroom tax is disgusting, myself and o/h have to pay this even though we have our own bedrooms, they automatically class you as a couple ( Bobcats o/h, Sandy )

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Have a look on the wrapping, Bobcat2 and there will be a contact number or email address for you to get in touch with the supplier should there be a problem with your purchase.

I have recently had £15 worth of vouchers due to unsatisfactory food that I have bought.

I also took a receipt back to Sainsbury's showing a joint of beef I had bought for Sunday lunch and you wouldn't have soled your shoes with it! They refunded without question.

I will do this more often now if it is justifed. We pay through the nose for food nowadays and why shouldn't it be fit for the purpose?

I had some awful lamb chops from Asda; one was all bone. They refunded without question, but their quality of meat generally is not good so I don't usually buy it there because nine times out of 10 I'll regret it. The problem is that Asda is five minutes away and Sainsbury's is 20 minutes away (even more in bad traffic), so I use Asda more than I really want to. The other thing with Asda is that you really need to check your receipts very carefully because it's absolutely amazing how many offers don't actually get deducted at the check out and how many things you get overcharged for. It's improved in the last few months but at one point I was going back to customer services for refunds on virtually every trip. I could see that they'd see me coming and want to run for it! They blame it on all the products they carry and the different offers; funny how it never seems to happen at Sainsbury's.

thanks Dotty I will look

Oh Bobcat, how can that even be allowed if you're living and sleeping in separate bedrooms? And Dottys right, there should also be a date, if we don't have a receipt we take it back anyhow, let them check the cctv to see if you stole it lol!

What made me swear today was a terrible accident on the M62, that's all you hear lately is tragedies, so sad :(

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

DW - I imagine it's because as a couple, they assume you sleep in the same bed. Yet, there are many reasons (such as medical issues) which prevent this and the system seems to have ignored this.

I heard about the crash on the M62. How tragic. My thoughts are with the families involved in this.

The M62 crash is just tragic.

I am really frightened about coaches. Every time my daughter goes on one for a school trip I spend the day on the RAC site checking for accidents on the route. She has a trip next month for two days and I won't be happy until she is delivered back safely.