What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the price of fuel compared to what we pay in some other countries on the "fairfuel" website that Determinator posted! For eg, in Venuzuala, it's under 1p per litre! I mean good for them - but how much are we being shafted?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I'm all for globalism, international markets, fair trade etc BUT I'm getting more and more angry when jobs are scarce in this country and in this year of the jubilee and London Olympics that the plethora of union jack metchandise all seems to have been made abroad. What's happened to MADE IN THE UK and BACKING BRITAIN. I'm not talking about official Olympics stuff but bunting, cushions, mugs, tea cosies, egg cups, T-shirts - you name it. All being sold in shops like BRITISH Home Stores, Debenhams, etc etc why aren't these retailers supporting British manufacturers in 2012 when we should allow ourselves a little patriotism?

Hi SJ, good to see you. Your post has inspired me to raise another thread in these political testing times. This was a good watch,http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ghscj/The_70s_Get_It_On_7072/

I snapped my Nectar card by accident and was told to ring the helpline,,, I found it was answered by some chap who I could just about understand called Mustapha,,, I asked him where he was based ,,, he said India!! How about that! I didnt realise that Sainsburys reached that far!!

Tesco. Why is it you can buy everything there when you're not looking for something specific, but you go in for one little pot of varnish and they don't stock any? At all. Tons of paint, woodstain etc, but no varnish. Bah.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

my pc on a go slow, geeze it aint that old, seems to be so slow since Sky reconnected us (was cut off as could not pay bill), running windows vista home premium and never had problems before,just seems to take ages to do anything any get the message, not responding! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,out the window me thinks!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Oh, and also their concern that their profits have dropped, so to combat that they are going to have more friendly staff and update their website. How about getting your customer base back again by just DROPPING YOUR PRICES???!!!! Sod friendly staff - they can be as rude as they like as long as I can afford to feed my family again!!!

true and I do not like there online shopping site as find it unfriendly,prefer Asda's but seeing as not been able to shop for what seems like forever then not checked any online shopping sites

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Oh, and also their concern that their profits have dropped, so to combat that they are going to have more friendly staff and update their website. How about getting your customer base back again by just DROPPING YOUR PRICES???!!!! Sod friendly staff - they can be as rude as they like as long as I can afford to feed my family again!!!

Love it :lol:

my pc on a go slow, geeze it aint that old, seems to be so slow since Sky reconnected us (was cut off as could not pay bill), running windows vista home premium and never had problems before,just seems to take ages to do anything any get the message, not responding! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,out the window me thinks!

Did you know that Sky is launching their fibre optic internet next month? It's just a matter of whether it's eligible in your area or not - it's going to be super fast! :-D

Sky is why I smiled today - I phoned them over the ESPN I'd ordered for my OH, as you have to cancel it a month in advance, and my OH has sky sports, he wouldn't use ESPN, I only ordered it for him for a specific couple of matches! Anyway, we have been set up with "Sky anytime plus" - for free! Not sure if it's available for free for everyone, but it'd be well worth checking it out Bobcat!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

thanks duck, we only have the basic package and that costs us over £50 a month which is a lot specially as now only get JSA,we had to have Sky here as only thing available,new houses here (ours is about 5 years old ) and no cable,been here for a year.We have wireless broadband with router,phone and tv with Sky

thanks duck, we only have the basic package and that costs us over £50 a month which is a lot specially as now only get JSA,we had to have Sky here as only thing available,new houses here (ours is about 5 years old ) and no cable,been here for a year.We have wireless broadband with router,phone and tv with Sky

If you have a sky plus box you might be able to get it - but don't quote me on it lol! Also, did you know that if you give sky a call (by the way, dialing 151 from your land line gets you straight through), and just ask them if they have any offers on, they usually always have a great offer, sometimes it's only a 3mth offer (always remember to give a months notice) but in my book a bargain is a bargain lol!

I'm smiling today because I've not been able to eat one of my favourite foods "Mexican" for years, as I'm gluten/wheat allergic - but have just found a traditional Mexican site, and discovered that traditional Mexican food doesn't ever contain wheat or gluten!!! It's us Brits who have done that here! So have just ordered 60 large soft tortilla wraps, and a bag of the blue masa flour they use to make them with! It is soooo cheap to! £2.95 for 30 large tortilla wraps! You pay around £3.00 just for 6 of those discovery ones in the supermarkets! So an even bigger bargain!!!!

Here is the site if anyone on here is ceoliac or gluten/wheat intolerant - or just fancy eating traditional Mexican at a fraction of the price!

http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk/index.html

LOL!!! I came on here to answer you Bobcat and ended up posting what made me smile today lmaooo!!! Oh well, a bit of positivity never hurt anyone I suppose lol! :lol:

I swore today when I realised I woke up late for work and put on a navy blue and a black sock in the rush!

Edited by malb
put in wrong category

thank you duck, I did speak to someone at sky today as I was asking about my bill as it seemed wrong,he said well think it was a he(why is it every time I speak to a "live" person online none are English and they always tell me my password is wrong) I was told there was no offers for my package and they could not help me,told them it will be hard to pay said bill as it is over £50

And why is it the offers are always to new customers and us who have had Sky for years get nothing?? how fair is that>>

I have been with Sky for 15 years :-)

thank you duck, I did speak to someone at sky today as I was asking about my bill as it seemed wrong,he said well think it was a he(why is it every time I speak to a "live" person online none are English and they always tell me my password is wrong) I was told there was no offers for my package and they could not help me,told them it will be hard to pay said bill as it is over £50

Hmmm, that's strange - do you go to Sky.com? Also, what time do you phone? Because usually their customer service only gets changed over to India after 6pm (I think) Usually they're in Scotland :lol:

What time do you phone? And what option do you press when you do phone?

If you have a sky plus box you might be able to get it - but don't quote me on it lol! Also, did you know that if you give sky a call (by the way, dialing 151 from your land line gets you straight through), and just ask them if they have any offers on, they usually always have a great offer, sometimes it's only a 3mth offer (always remember to give a months notice) but in my book a bargain is a bargain lol!

I'm smiling today because I've not been able to eat one of my favourite foods "Mexican" for years, as I'm gluten/wheat allergic - but have just found a traditional Mexican site, and discovered that traditional Mexican food doesn't ever contain wheat or gluten!!! It's us Brits who have done that here! So have just ordered 60 large soft tortilla wraps, and a bag of the blue masa flour they use to make them with! It is soooo cheap to! £2.95 for 30 large tortilla wraps! You pay around £3.00 just for 6 of those discovery ones in the supermarkets! So an even bigger bargain!!!!

Here is the site if anyone on here is ceoliac or gluten/wheat intolerant - or just fancy eating traditional Mexican at a fraction of the price!

http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk/index.html

Just to say I love you duckwaddler :hug: I've been after chipotles in adobo for a meatballl recipe that I love but haven't found them anywhere - that site has them for under £3 :D Also going to get some blue corn and have a go at making tortilla chips. In the States in loads of the restaurants they gave us a bowl of these as a freebie, and they'd always be red white and blue ones; it looked so cool that now I've found the blue I'm going to have to have a go at replicating it!

Just to say I love you duckwaddler :hug: I've been after chipotles in adobo for a meatballl recipe that I love but haven't found them anywhere - that site has them for under £3 :D Also going to get some blue corn and have a go at making tortilla chips. In the States in loads of the restaurants they gave us a bowl of these as a freebie, and they'd always be red white and blue ones; it looked so cool that now I've found the blue I'm going to have to have a go at replicating it!

Awww Lexis, bless your heart :hug:I'm so glad that someone has made use of the link!

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon, and they came about an hour ago - how's that for service!!!! So I have 60 traditional tortilla wraps, and a KG of blue masa flour :-D I couldn't believe how cheap the site was either, it was my OH who found it, because he saw me struggle for years, unable to eat things such as Mexican, and even your traditional "battered chippy fish", well I can even eat that now! He found me gluten free flour and the batter is not only no different to the chippy, but nicer! My OH eats gluten free now, and has never felt so well for it - not only that, home cooking is always tastier - and so much cheaper!

The other thing that made me smile today other than my Mexican delivery, is - I got the phone call from the bed company, my new luxury memory foam mattress is coming on Tuesday!!!! I can't wait!!! :whoo:

duck, I did not phone Sky, I spoke to a person on line through their site,everytime I get some none English person with a strange name

Hi all,

This is a horror story and a warning.

Like many of you I expect I do not answer the front door when I'm not expecting visitors and someone starts banging loudly on the door. This afternoon at 3.00 p.m. I was upstairs when someone banged loudly on the door and started shouting through my letterbox. I went upstairs and watched from my front window and saw a man in a hoodie outside my wall. I watched for a bit and then he apparently walked away. I left the window and within seconds he had broken the window in my front door, put his hand in to open the Yale lock, and smashed open the door. I ran downstairs immediately yelling loudly which obviously shocked him and he ran for it. But he had grabbed my handbag. I have been away over Easter at my mum's and when I go away I always take my only three pieces of good jewellery given to me by my grandmother - not expensive but all I've got - and they were still in my bag. And so was my camera which has lots of pictures of my daughter on the memory card. And all my keys for my house and car - thank God I have a spare car key and I have borrowed a crook lock.

Swear, you bet, and I could happily murder him. But my main reason for posting here is to give you all a warning. Because I didn't want to speak to a DCA I didn't open the door. Because he thought no-one was in he smashed my door down in daylight in the middle of the afternoon. At that time of day people are walking past my door to the nearest school and I'm on a B road where cars and people pass frequently. I thought I would be safe here, and obviously it's not as safe as I thought.

Take care, ignore any DCAs or unexpected visitors but stay close to your front door and make sure no bags are within easy reach. I'm feeling pretty devastated and my daughter is very scared even though I've said there is no way he can get in again. If this ever happens again I'll yell loudly and I'll also make sure I have something to defend myself too. A friend was involved in the prosecution of the man who killed the solicitor for his mobile phone and she tells me I should be relieved he didn't go for me with a knife when I surprised him. She is right, but I'm still very, very upset tonight.

DDxx

OMG DD Do the police have any clue as to who it is? Could you ID this ******?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar